Having a yoke doesn't make it 'traditional'
066241-byron-pickett.jpg

captain ebert

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2003
Sydney - Northern Beaches
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The material is a huge step down from last years 'clash' that I have and the yellow is really a creamy beige and not a yellow at all probably due to the new cheaper retail material that they're using.

Faded looking cheap rubbish.
So you're wearing brown and gold yet again this year? Feel your pain. When we had reebok were wore silver, teal, brown & white.

10426242_911069972277486_616267334677096207_n.jpg

Christ that is ******* ugly

I would think someone new to the game and/or unfamiliar to the teams might think this is the Gold Coast, if they knew the colours, looks like theirs colours splashed on a default dark kit. If Adelaide are supposed to have Gold that is not it. Maybe they are complying with some AFL bullshit about being majority dark, ie. the sides.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I would think someone new to the game and/or unfamiliar to the teams might think this is the Gold Coast, if they knew the colours, looks like theirs colours splashed on a default dark kit. If Adelaide are supposed to have Gold that is not it. Maybe they are complying with some AFL bullshit about being majority dark, ie. the sides.

Nahh it's just been a long line of templates with side-panels, and then BLK/the Crows not realising that without actual side-panels, the colours are meant to go all the way around.
Will be fixed next year:

It'll return to full hoops in 2016, the guy at the club store said the CAD drawing has already been amended for next year.

Pretty much what HTP said, it's been so long since full hoops that I'm assuming someone at BLK designed it based on previous designs, and the Crows ticked it off without realising how stupid it's going to look.

Even the shop manager admitted he didn't really notice it until people brought it up and he saw the jumper in person.

Oct 28, 2012
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle FC, Hajduk Split,
Nahh it's just been a long line of templates with side-panels, and then BLK/the Crows not realising that without actual side-panels, the colours are meant to go all the way around.
Will be fixed next year:
Next year will be the year BLK introduces side panels.

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
no it doesn't it should go further up, but the lowered stripe has become a part of norths kit of recent times, i for one would be a little disappointed to see it go.
pretty sure Spitta2Azza is with me on that.

The middle stripe cut-off (introduced in 2012) reminds me of Jack Ziebell and Ben Cunnington in their prime. It reminds me of Todd Goldstein at his best, it reminds me of our exciting young players in Kayne Turner, Luke McDonald, Taylor Garner and Ben Brown.

The full middle stripe reminds me of our nadir 2001-2011 period. Players such as Matt Riggio, Jesse Smith, Brad Moran, Daniel McConnell, Sam Power, Jade Rawlings and Jonathan Hay come to mind.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
The middle stripe cut-off (introduced in 2012) reminds me of Jack Ziebell and Ben Cunnington in their prime. It reminds me of Todd Goldstein at his best, it reminds me of our exciting young players in Kayne Turner, Luke McDonald, Taylor Garner and Ben Brown.

The full middle stripe reminds me of our nadir 2001-2011 period. Players such as Matt Riggio, Jesse Smith, Brad Moran, Daniel McConnell, Sam Power, Jade Rawlings and Jonathan Hay come to mind.
There was this guy Carey, he played for North. His jumper always had the full stripe.
And then there was another guy Archer. When I picture him, same jumper.
And Schimmelbusch. And Greig. And Dempsey. And Glendinning. And just about every North player I'd rate as one of their best.

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was this guy Carey, he played for North. His jumper always had the full stripe.
And then there was another guy Archer. When I picture him, same jumper.
And Schimmelbusch. And Greig. And Dempsey. And Glendinning. And just about every North player I'd rate as one of their best.

Get what you mean but I never saw them play growing up.

You're jokin brudda

I want to marry it.
there's this bird in my economics class that is the cutest s**t ever. Like, bright smile, always cheerful, great fashion sense and has a great butt. Can hold a conversation too. I want to marry her.

#schoolboycrushes

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

Yeah look, as Mero said, that's all well and good if you're <18 and have only vague memories of the 90s or earlier, but for me the cut off stripe reminds me that blades felt that it would be okay if they infringed on your design to make their logo more obvious, and Canterbury decided that since Blades were doing it, nobody would care if they did it as well.

I mean

1348592400000.jpg

I'm trying to work out what's happening with that collar tab
BLK's collars are a lucky dip.... You don't know what you're gonna get. Every jumper is different lol

These guys always find a new way to stuff up a guernsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back