ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 - Group A

Which teams will qualify from Group A?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
India get the MCG game
Shows how much I pay attention to scheduling, pretty poor MCG & SCG get two each and none at the Gabba, real opportunity missed to have those Indian flogs gone in the quarter finals.

Who decided that cricket aus or the ICC, if it was the latter I bet it was done to make sure we didn't get a real home ground advantage

Shows how much I pay attention to scheduling, pretty poor MCG & SCG get two each and none at the Gabba, real opportunity missed to have those Indian flogs gone in the quarter finals.

Who decided that cricket aus or the ICC, if it was the latter I bet it was done to make sure we didn't get a real home ground advantage
I just checked again -- I was wrong. England get the MCG game if they make it. But it's looking like they'll match up with India anyway.

I hope for your sake you get England at the gabba in the quartets, bye bye india

Are you that afraid of Team India? Team India is going to win the World Cup, whether you like it or not mate. India and Blackcaps the only two unbeaten teams in the World Cup being played in Oz land.

btw I hope we bat first against Afghanistan... we need a run through with our batsmen considering we didn't play cricket for a fortnight then got out cheaply against NZ. If the Afghans bat first we could be chasing something minor. Expect Warner to do a McCullum and smack the ball around if we're chasing 150.

Afghan pacers will be hard to handle for Finch, Max, Marsh, Clarke and Smith are key here. Smith looks so terrible at the moment, batting like a tailender, maybe the big stage has got to him. Aussies needs to bowl first, match could go either way, their pace attack is superior than Pakistan's.

Afghan pacers will be hard to handle for Finch, Max, Marsh, Clarke and Smith are key here. Smith looks so terrible at the moment, batting like a tailender, maybe the big stage has got to him. Aussies needs to bowl first, match could go either way, their pace attack is superior than Pakistan's.

lol, you're a funny one rohitt

Afghan pacers bowl a few good overs and then fold, they can't put 10 good overs together. i like their intensity but australia will hammer them. i'm thinking 350+ if we bat first

I want to see the Afghans get test status. Im sure that would be a popular tour for any team..

I want to see the Afghans get test status. Im sure that would be a popular tour for any team..

Pakistan will be the only team that's going to tour Afghanistan. They will keep playing each other. Then Sri lanka will be brave enough to travel and Malinga might get shot in his belly, hence he will do a liposuction. Cricket won't return to Afghanistan and they will blame BCCI.

lol, you're a funny one rohitt

Afghan pacers bowl a few good overs and then fold, they can't put 10 good overs together. i like their intensity but australia will hammer them. i'm thinking 350+ if we bat first

If you lose two wickets in the first over against Hamid Hassan then Smith might fall too, Smith looks nervous batting during this world cup, the pressure is getting to him also he is getting bowled which is an ugly sight. Another thing to note Australia's win-loss ratio of 1.529 at the WACA ground is their second-worst at home, after the Gabba. Best chance for Afghanistan to beat a top team and get their test status and kick Banglaesh out.

This is what Peter Anderson (Afghanistan's assistant coach) had to say

"We have a 50-50 chance to beat Australia. They'll be up to redeem themselves from the New Zealand situation. Our goal is to get out there and bat 50 overs and make it very competitive. You never know."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/842313.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just checked again -- I was wrong. England get the MCG game if they make it. But it's looking like they'll match up with India anyway.

Didn't realise they had set teams for all the QFS, although looking at the likely schedule, the England v India game is the obvious choice for the MCG, other game could be Sri Lanka v Ireland!

Are you that afraid of Team India? Team India is going to win the World Cup, whether you like it or not mate. India and Blackcaps the only two unbeaten teams in the World Cup being played in Oz land.
You haven't got close to beating us since we played on your lifeless decks 10 months ago with half a side out so no, just don't like you.

If you're talking about Australia v Afghanistan - Yep - Fox Sports 3 as usual, while 9 has relegated the coverage to Gem

I call it upgraded! HD coverage of the cricket, perfect!!!!!!

Its good for Perth that this game starts at 2:30pm over there, will get more to the game. Bad because it means it could potentially finish well after midnight here but oh well, they deal with it all the time

Its good for Perth that this game starts at 2:30pm over there, will get more to the game. Bad because it means it could potentially finish well after midnight here but oh well, they deal with it all the time

huh ?

A night match that finishes around 10-30 pm here is only 7-30 pm back in Perth.
I actually quite like the Perth day nighters as I tend to be up late and can enjoy some cricket later at night. However, would not surprise me if this game was over a lot quicker. Hopefully Aussie's bat first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back