Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Status
Not open for further replies.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think one of the main reasons sympathy is so strong for * is because from about two months in from being caught with their pants down they've played the "poor me, I'm a victim" and "our s**t don't stink, it was Dank the loony" cards.

Then came the flop of "Jobe's admitted to juicing up, but he's daddy says he's innocent don't take the Brownlow", "we lost our records (dog ate them), it was just poor governance", and "we want an injunction to discover the truth through a permanent suppression order" cards. Hmmm, not looking good, better fold.

But no. Then came the turn of "I'll appeal to the High Court - why is this taking two years?" card. Starting to look like really bad odds, but *Little is pot committed - a stubborn bastard who will lose for spite, and *Albert has gone full reeetard all-in.

Now we await the river. ASADA has pocket QQs, ACC sitting on the button with suited AK. Workcover is one card off a flush. North fans are laughing with pocket 8s - you know, that lucky Chinese number. And *? Fold, fold, fold! You've got junk! But the arrogance is too strong... even Vlad the smarmy prick was smart enough to fold before being impaled.

I do pity the mentally stable * fan but when I look at the likes of *Little, *Albert and the goons who wanted to make money from turning AFL players into guinea pigs then I really couldn't give two shits how hard the club is hit. It may actually do * good, because three spoons has taught Carlton a little about humility after being cheating salary cap scumbags.

three spoons has taught Carlton a little about humility after being cheating salary cap scumbags.

I highly doubt that. They've been pretty mediocre ever since their spoon period.

Wait until they are a serious flag contender again and then we'll see them crawl back out of their troll holes.

* will never learn. Never. Unless it involves learning how to not get caught next time.

If they are your prey, aim higher than Jade.
Fair enough.
Sometimes l do forgot that this is a banter thread* and you guys have legitimate reasons to absolutely hate *, me being from NSW, l only intensely dislike *, not quite at hate, but enough to wish their ultimate destruction and laughing at * hiliarious attempts to escape inevitable drug charges, their* players growing extra limbs and appendages and making fun of the little cultists*. There's a few good apples* amongst * on BF and l don't personally hate * posters, just an intense dislike of their* cult like behavior from most of them*.

Kool-Aid chugger gets his 15 minutes of fame...
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/james-hirds-essendon-story-has-yet-to-be-told-20150303-13sa71.html

I can't believe this was published in mainstream media.
One of the most embarrassing, sickeningly sycophantic articles I've read. Not just on this saga but anywhere. Completely agree in so much that it's ridiculous that such an article was allowed to be published in a mainstream paper. The responses by * supporters in the comments thread (the clear minority) have to be seen to be believed. The depth of their denial, still to this day and level of worship for this arrogant, selfish flog is terminal. How much more sympathy can we continue to give this club. Please let it be over soon and may the punishments be appropriately savage for a club and a man that cares nothing for anyone or anything than the reputation of their 'once upon a time' Golden Boy.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So when am I being added as a mod to this board? :confused:
You Just need to fix one small little detail on your profile.

GpjTJLX.jpg

Went from salary cap cheating to drug cheating, now * want to go back to that geriatric to cheat the salary cap.

Harvey, Neeld, Craig and Sheedy...all sacked as coach by one club or the other. And not one Anzac Day Medal between them.

As if * Hird is going to listen to them.

Harvey, Neeld, Craig and Sheedy...all sacked as coach by one club or the other. And not one Anzac Day Medal between them.

As if * Hird is going to listen to them.
As if Hird* lasts the next 2 months. Should have been kicked out months ago.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Kool-Aid chugger gets his 15 minutes of fame...
http://www.smh.com.au/comment/james-hirds-essendon-story-has-yet-to-be-told-20150303-13sa71.html

I can't believe this was published in mainstream media.

Nauseating. I thought it was amusing at first but it is just pathetic. And sorry, Jade, you too on this. Supporters' adoration of Hird is not more pure and special and understandable than how much we loved Carey or Geelong supporters loved Ablett senior. It's the same. And frankly it's a big part of the reason they have all royally ****ed up as human beings. Supporters who treated them as though they could do no wrong bear a huge responsibility and should be penitent about that, not proud, and certainly not embarrassing themselves explaining in the media why their position is special and makes sense.

Of course we all react defensively. I know I felt physically sick trying to process the idea that Carey could do what was alleged and not accept it. I remember hating seeing Trevor Marmalade ripping the number 18 off a jumper, because I still wanted it so much not to be true, wanted us all to go back to being like it was. Or like I thought it was. But in the end our club acted the only way it could and we accepted it. And in the end our club conducted a more rigorous investigation and took stronger action over a chicken video than some EFC supporters think they should over this issue.

And a thought on Hird. Despite the wavy hair and graceful way he played, despite his family history, in the end he succeeded because he was ruthlessly competitive. I have no problem believing that same level of competitiveness took him back to coaching, and made him hungry enough to take shortcuts to success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back