Saturday Arvo 2: 9
Saturday Twilight: 7
Saturday Night 1: 10
Saturday Night 2: 9
Sunday Arvo 1: 7
Sunday Arvo 2: 10
Sunday Twilight: 9

Won't happen though.
I'd rather have 7 dumped for 9 and 10. Also am in the minority who likes the 5 min. warning.

I've said this before

Friday Night: 7
Saturday Arvo 1: 10
Saturday Arvo 2: 9
Saturday Twilight: 7
Saturday Night 1: 10
Saturday Night 2: 9
Sunday Arvo 1: 7
Sunday Arvo 2: 10
Sunday Twilight: 9

Won't happen though.
I'd rather have 7 dumped for 9 and 10. Also am in the minority who likes the 5 min. warning.
Unfortunately will never happen, I'm all for 9 and 10 to take over on they're on also

Fairly impartial in regard to the 5 minute warning, didn't hate it didn't mind it

Just personally I'd like the three sunday games to be 12pm, 2 x 3pm. I can't travel to the 4:40 games since it's too late a finish, but a 12 or 3pm Sunday game would be perfect.

I like having Three Sunday Games to be 1:30pm, 4:00pm & 7:00pm, All of Saturday's Games are in fine timeslots, but I would like having all the Saturday Afternoon Games to be played in Melbourne.

I like having Three Sunday Games to be 1:30pm, 4:00pm & 7:00pm, All of Saturday's Games are in fine timeslots, but I would like having all the Saturday Afternoon Games to be played in Melbourne.

Yet only two available venues, so yet another thought of yours that will never happen William

If Channel 10 do happen to get involved, I'd like to see this:

Fox Footy: Replay rights only during the week and only the worst game of 9 matches each week live.

Channel Seven: Friday night double-header - 6 hours of live footy at night, Sunday main game with the before and after matches on 7Mate.
Channel 10: Saturday main game and Saturday main night game on 10, other 2 Saturday games on One.

Best Broadcast Guide ever:

Odd Rounds:

Friday Night Football - 8:30pm AEST
Saturday Afternoon Match of Round - 2:00pm AEST
Saturday Afternoon B & C - 5:00pm-7:00pm Highlights of Both of Other 2:00pm Games
Saturday Night - 7:30pm Live
Sunday A - 1:00pm Live
Sunday B & C - 4:30pm-6:30pm Highlights of both 2:00pm Games
Sunday Night - 7:00pm Live

Even Rounds:

Saturday Afternoon B - 5:00pm-7:00pm Highlights of other 2:00pm Game
Saturday Night Match of the Round - 7:30pm Live
Saturday Night B - 7:30pm Live on One

Foxtel will continue to show all 9 Games & all Finals Matches Live in Full.

Finals:

Week 1:

QF1 - Friday Night, 7:30pm
QF2 - Saturday Afternoon, 2:30pm
EF1 - Sunday Afternoon, 2:30pm
EF2 - Sunday Night, 7:00pm

Week 2:

SF1 - Saturday Afternoon, 2:30pm
SF2 - Saturday Night, 7:30pm

Week 3:

PF1 - Friday Night, 7:30pm
PF2 - Saturday Night, 7:30pm

Week 4:

GF - Saturday Afternoon, 2:30pm.

Last edited:
If Channel 10 do happen to get involved, I'd like to see this:

Fox Footy: Replay rights only during the week and only the worst game of 9 matches each week live.

Channel Seven: Friday night double-header - 6 hours of live footy at night, Sunday main game with the before and after matches on 7Mate.
Channel 10: Saturday main game and Saturday main night game on 10, other 2 Saturday games on One.
Fox Footy wouldn't exist with that deal.

TV stations bid on the matches, with a deal that any unsold episodes are to be bought by Foxtel at a predetirmined price. Its then up to the networks to decide how they show the matches, as long as they are live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon just keep the format we have now, just piss off 7 and get 10. They'll show Saturday arvo games live too.

No 7 = free TV and foxtel subscribers win.

Apple TV subscriptions please with some sort of online subscription system that allows me total access any of the games live with streaming of replays freely available during the week a la NBA but I'm probably dreaming even though AFL.TV runs a variation for Mobile Devices only.

Would like to see Ch 7 show a game from 2pm game LIVE on Saturdays and Sundays, then show an hour of highlights from the Foxtel game they clashed with from 5pm as a lead in to the news, like old times.

"If you don't want to know the score...."

Better off Seven show a Friday Night Game 7:30pm Live & a 2:00pm Saturday Afternoon Game Live followed by Highlights of Other Sat Arvo Games 5:00pm-7:00pm (3x Saturday Afternoon Games in Melbourne during the Odd Rounds). Also only have 1x Saturday Night during the Odd Rounds. Also Sunday Match of the Round 1:00pm then show a Highlights Show of other Sun Games 4:30pm-6:30pm, followed by News 6:30pm, then 7:00pm Sunday Night Game. Seven to Host Broadcaster of all Nine Games on its Main Channel in SA, VIC & WA & Foxtel to simulcast all Nine Games & Every Finals Match Live & in Full. Finals Wise Seven to show all Finals Matches Live (Including EF2 Sunday Night Game) on its Main Channel in SA, VIC & WA.

Wouldn't mind the following...

Friday Night - 2 games, fta covers one game, fox covers the other game

- 750pm - one game in victoria, the other game else where on the eastern seaboard
OR
- 840pm - one game in adelaide, the other game in perth

remove the 1pm fox game from sundays

Sundays - only 2 games, but fta and fox take turns with the late (twilight/night) game

440pm for twilight games on the eastern seaboard for fox (fta game still at 3pm)
540pm for night games from adelaide or perth for fta (fta double header with the early game still on at 3pm, put the 6pm news on a digital channel)

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind the following...

Friday Night - 2 games, fta covers one game, fox covers the other game

- 750pm - one game in victoria, the other game else where on the eastern seaboard
OR
- 840pm - one game in adelaide, the other game in perth

remove the 1pm fox game from sundays

Sundays - only 2 games, but fta and fox take turns with the late (twilight/night) game

440pm for twilight games on the eastern seaboard for fox (fta game still at 3pm)
540pm for night games from adelaide or perth for fta (fta double header with the early game still on at 3pm, put the 6pm news on a digital channel)

Two Games on a Friday Night??? Really! One is enough to me. FTA Game at 1:30pm, Twilight 4:00pm & 7:00pm Night Games.

Two Games on a Friday Night??? Really! One is enough to me. FTA Game at 1:30pm, Twilight 4:00pm & 7:00pm Night Games.

Hell no. Would rather 2 games on a friday night than a million games being played on saturday.

Best Broadcast Guide ever:

Odd Rounds:

Saturday Afternoon B & C - 5:00pm-7:00pm Highlights of Both of Other 2:00pm Games
Saturday Night - 7:30pm Live

Even Rounds:

Saturday Afternoon B - 5:00pm-7:00pm Highlights of other 2:00pm Game
Saturday Night Match of the Round - 7:30pm Live
Saturday Night B - 7:30pm Live on One

Foxtel will continue to show all 9 Games & all Finals Matches Live in Full.

Finals:

Week 1:

QF1 - Friday Night, 7:30pm
QF2 - Saturday Afternoon, 2:30pm
EF1 - Sunday Afternoon, 2:30pm
EF2 - Sunday Night, 7:00pm

Week 2:

SF1 - Saturday Afternoon, 2:30pm
SF2 - Saturday Night, 7:30pm

Week 3:

PF1 - Friday Night, 7:30pm
PF2 - Saturday Night, 7:30pm

Week 4:

GF - Saturday Afternoon, 2:30pm.

How about also having All 9 Games being Live Streamed into Respective Team's Websites instead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back