2015 Giants Preseason News All In Here

Remove this Banner Ad

He played a great game, particularly in the first half. He looks in great knick too. Watching the replay of the intraclub the other day, I'd almost sneek him into my top five.

One thing about Ward is he is so dependable. He might have one relatively quiet game in 20. He is your old fashioned, fearless, contested footy beast, and I would go to war with him any day.
Just having heard or seen much mentioned of him, thought maybe he was injured or being nursed through. Maybe its just due to 'knowing what your going to get' from him ways.

Been reading Griffen Treloar Shiel in the middle but was wondering where Ward was sitting in, hed be next picked behind Griffen for me and maybe even ahead of him.

Just having heard or seen much mentioned of him, thought maybe he was injured or being nursed through. Maybe its just due to 'knowing what your going to get' from him ways.

Been reading Griffen Treloar Shiel in the middle but was wondering where Ward was sitting in, hed be next picked behind Griffen for me and maybe even ahead of him.
Definitely picked ahead of Griff at this stage. Better form, Co-captain (inspirational leader) and deep understanding of game plan and other players. Griff will need time to adjust to the playing group and game plan, but that won't take long.

See, I've seen quite a bit of him over the last month or so. Reappointment as captain; he was in the hot seat for "Ask a Giant" on Twitter (not a single injury question); He popped up in one of the meet the new Giants videos and there was a media release about expectations and rising to the challenge etc. plus a pretty good game in the intraclub (with remarkably long hair).

Tracking nicely I would have thought.

I could probably say exactly the same about one of your players,but then, I'm not following all of your club's stuff either.

See, I've seen quite a bit of him over the last month or so. Reappointment as captain; he was in the hot seat for "Ask a Giant" on Twitter (not a single injury question); He popped up in one of the meet the new Giants videos and there was a media release about expectations and rising to the challenge etc. plus a pretty good game in the intraclub (with remarkably long hair).

Tracking nicely I would have thought.

I could probably say exactly the same about one of your players,but then, I'm not following all of your club's stuff either.
Not having a go mate.

Hard to keep on top of every AFL player in the comp. Have been reading on here for a bit over preseason and other places and heard more of the other mids. Also watched your simulated match practice and didnt notice him on the field where Smith, Griff, Shiel, Treloar were evident

Not having a go mate.

Hard to keep on top of every AFL player in the comp. Have been reading on here for a bit over preseason and other places and heard more of the other mids. Also watched your simulated match practice and didnt notice him on the field where Smith, Griff, Shiel, Treloar were evident
Got plenty of it. 21 Disposals and 9th highest on ground.

Agreed. It is a very measured article. We have such talent in the midfield offensively i think this highlights the need for two way running and team defence in that section of the ground as well. Obviously the addition of Patful will help but good teams (the Swans do it well) use their mids as the third man up etc to find success. We need this

Pretty standard. Nothing offensive. I'm mildly surprised by its lack of stupidity actually.
Apart from a couple of guests on Kevin Bartlett's "Hungry for Sport" programme, Messrs Smith, Denham and Ralph, SEN is a ripping radio station and a great source of footy news and entertainment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS GIANTSVerified account‏@GWSGIANTS 8m8 minutes ago

We have an exciting night ahead with our 2015 season launch taking place at UWS Parramatta. Keep an eye on Twitter for live updates & snaps.

But I thought they only held events in the east....

Waiting for someone to say Parramatta is the geographical centre of greater Sydney, so it doesn't count. :p

Can't wait to see Patfull wear him like a glove!

If he doesn't keep Riewoldt goalless this year then I'd be asking for a refund. Easily my favourite match-up of all time (and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that both men are very good looking. Not a factor AT ALL).

The worry usually is free kicks. Nearly every game Riewoldt will get a dodgy free kick (usually not Joels fault either) and that's how he'll get his solitary goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back