AFL floats possibility of small penalty if Dons guilty, but ASADA stays silent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did anyone actually think this was going to be a totally independent process?

Did anyone actually think the AFL wants players banned? The AFL love us. They NEEEEED us.

Also did anyone realise KFC sell 24 nuggets for 10 bucks? Ripper deal.

The point is people are paying out on the AFL for recommending 6 month ban yet ASADA recommended the same earlier this year. Irrespective of deals, is 6 months a reasonable penalty or not? If not, blame ASADA too
Too black and white, friend.

With genuine contrition, timely cooperation etc. maybe it could be contemplated.

6 months ago is 6 months ago, and that time is gone. aSADA reached out a friendly paw and said, know what - if we sort this and move forward, ideally to a WADA compliant future, there might not be a need for such a heavy penalty.

Essendon players lost that chance. You can't suggest it is reasonable to expect it back.

Asada wont appeal, they will come up with some piss-ant excuse as they just want all of this to go away

its truly a line in the sand moment for Australian sport coming up

If its a weak penalty for substantial assistance that ASADA disagrees with can see ASADA deciding not to appeal allowing a WADA appeal directly to CAS.

AFL imposed Players suspension finishes before an appeal against the laxity of the sentence is finished WTF happens then?

Too black and white, friend.

With genuine contrition, timely cooperation etc. maybe it could be contemplated.

6 months ago is 6 months ago, and that time is gone. aSADA reached out a friendly paw and said, know what - if we sort this and move forward, ideally to a WADA compliant future, there might not be a need for such a heavy penalty.

Essendon players lost that chance. You can't suggest it is reasonable to expect it back.
ASADA expected players to agree they took banned substances when they had already said the most they knew was they received a thymosin, thats it. Did ASADA want them to lie and say "ahh yes, thats right, it was TB4 after all"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asada wont appeal, they will come up with some piss-ant excuse as they just want all of this to go away

its truly a line in the sand moment for Australian sport coming up
ASADA want this to go away?

Wha...?

Of course thats what the AFL wants..

SHOCK NEWS ESSENDON FANS?!?!?

The AFL doesn't want 1 of its big 4 clubs having players sitting out for 2 years. So many Dons fans think the AFL is out to get them when its actually the complete opposite.

They just can't make it look like that.

If its a weak penalty for substantial assistance that ASADA disagrees with can see ASADA deciding not to appeal allowing a WADA appeal directly to CAS.

From the little I know (invitation to bullshit replies) I get the feeling WADA won't give a crap.

ASADA expected players to agree they took banned substances when they had already said the most they knew was they received a thymosin, thats it. Did ASADA want them to lie and say "ahh yes, thats right, it was TB4 after all"
Only if you're absolutely sure they all told investigators the truth, and I can't see how you would be.

According to McDevitt any appeal by ASADA would be to the AFL Appeals Panel, where WADA's appeal would go direct to CAS. WADA may decide it to take this action.

That is correct but only part of the story. ASADA can appeal to the AFL Appeal Panel and then if still dissatisfied, it can appeal to CAS. It doesn't require WADA to get there.

Still, its all academic at this point. Nobody has been found guilty of doping and no sanctions have been proposed by the tribunal

From the little I know (invitation to bullshit replies) I get the feeling WADA won't give a crap.

Disagree, WADA looks at ensuring uniformity of penalties across the world. If a sport provides a substantial assistance reduction that a national anti doping agency disagrees with I think WADA would step in and back them up. Last thing WADA wants is each sport around the world going off doing their own thing.

Personally I do have faith in the tribunal applying the code correctly, so cant see the tribunal handing down a penalty down these lines, but on the off chance that ASADA voice gets drained out, WADA is there to back them up.

Only if you're absolutely sure they all told investigators the truth, and I can't see how you would be.
of the players are eligible for discounts such as substantial assistance and no significant fault it should apply irrespective of action by Hurd and the club, who arent facing INs
so it should, but in the real world Essendon threw everything it could at ASADA - and they are obviously impartial public servants etc. but they are made up of people

ASADA/WADA wont do anything no support from the sport not the governing body not even other clubs or competitors politicians against them press reporting all one way traffic need a clean exit here or they risk their funding and reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back