Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't cost us draft picks because they departed with dignity and respect for the blokes they were leaving behind.
Not losing draft picks was just an outcome of the process.

In Tippetts case he didn't give a toss about the club nor the blokes he played with and obviously didn't care how much the end result would ultimately hurt his former "team mates" either. The secondary blow was the loss of draft picks however the fans are angry and the process Tippett decided to take....the loss of draft picks just made it that much worse for most supporters.

I beg to differ.

I'd argue, he stayed 2 years longer than he really wanted to based on his mateship. Then Trigg and Reid went back on an agreement after he explicitly told them he wanted to go to the Swans.

Really?

can you show me a quote?

Let me help you, he said "he was a gold cost boy at heart and some day would return home". No where diud he ever say or intimate he wanted to go to Queensland to play AFL. Thats just an assumption made by crows fans.
Pretty sure I've seen quotes where brisbane or gold coast believed he was coming to them.

The afl stepped in didn't they. We didn't refuse?

As I read it, we tried to get something better from Sydney, they refused knowing we had an illegal contract and in the end we accepted the pick 22(ish) and * deal and somewhere between saying OK to the deal and going to lodge it we finally...after two years came clean.

As much as Kurt and his dad are douches, I agree with Alex, it was our club and our admin that caused this issue, we could have told him to * off...or we could have traded him a year earlier but we shut our mouths, sat on our hands and cost us big time.

As I read it, we tried to get something better from Sydney, they refused knowing we had an illegal contract and in the end we accepted the pick 22(ish) and ****** deal and somewhere between saying OK to the deal and going to lodge it we finally...after two years came clean.

As much as Kurt and his dad are douches, I agree with Alex, it was our club and our admin that caused this issue, we could have told him to **** off...or we could have traded him a year earlier but we shut our mouths, sat on our hands and cost us big time.
Thats all true but who told sydney to blackmail us? Surely it was the tippetts side?

LOL - and I'm the one who needs to relax.
Mate you do need to relax! I love this *en club im tired of people continuously putting it down about something that we payed are dues about, considering it was at the lowest level of rule breaking!
Yet there are people who are supposed to be crows members, (like u) who still keep having a go for the tippet situation! I dnt understand man if u dnt like the AFC then im sure u can jump on the wagon with the rest of them at Alberton!

He did at some stage, i don't know of the time line, but weren't we trying to trade tippo for jessie white but we got stopped from doing so because it was an unfair deal?

They (Reid and Trigg) should never have put the club in the position in the first place.

Who ever suggested the illigal deal, they needed to say NO and then have his sign a clean and legal deal or trade him.

By not trading him to Sydney. The club he chose.

The wording was someyhing like "the club of his choice" but people only want to believe he had to be traded home.
We did try to accept the 23 + White. The AFL said they would intervene if those trade papers were lodged. Sydney refused to offer more.

We never refused to trade him. The AFL smelled the rot and stepped in.

They (Reid and Trigg) should never have put the club in the position in the first place.

Who ever suggested the illigal deal, they needed to say NO and then have his sign a clean and legal deal or trade him.
True, but we don't know who this was do we? He still agreed and sign it aswell as us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you do need to relax! I love this ****en club im tired of people continuously putting it down about something that we payed are dues about, considering it was at the lowest level of rule breaking!
Yet there are people who are supposed to be crows members, (like u) who still keep having a go for the tippet situation! I dnt understand man if u dnt like the AFC then im sure u can jump on the wagon with the rest of them at Alberton!

Yeah ok.

True, but we don't know who this was do we? He still agreed and sign it aswell as us.

Does it really matter. Simple semantics Froggy.

They run the club, control the values. They said yes, the buck stops with them .

We did try to accept the 23 + White. The AFL said they would intervene if those trade papers were lodged. Sydney refused to offer more.

We never refused to trade him. The AFL smelled the rot and stepped in.

So?

It still doesn't excuse Trigg and Reid from such stupidity. They needed to say no to any agreement.

So?

It still doesn't excuse Trigg and Reid and tippett from such stupidity. They needed to say no to any agreement.
yes, this is what you are not getting we all agree trigg reid are guilty, but so is tippett, he signed the damn thing if he didn't non of this happens, same if trig and reid never signed the deal.

yes, this is what you are not getting we all agree trigg reid are guilty, but so is tippett, he signed the damn thing if he didn't non of this happens, same if trig and reid never signed the deal.

It should never have even got that far.

You are looking for a scapegoat to transfer your anger without putting all of the blame on the real culprits.

I beg to differ.

I'd argue, he stayed 2 years longer than he really wanted to based on his mateship. Then Trigg and Reid went back on an agreement after he explicitly told them he wanted to go to the Swans.

Tippetts actions are not excused whatever the truth may be. He could have got to his destination if the Crows were to receive fair compensation....just like all others before him.

Tippetts preferred process was to sell his former club and blokes that were apparently his mates down the toilet. Id also argue that the Swans were told about the agreement with the Crows and that's why Sydney wanted to palm off a dud in return for their million dollar signing.

And to top it off and make dumb and dumber look like Albert Einstein, Tippett, and his manager held out until the AFL thought there was something not quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back