The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I was walking up Sydney Road and I walked past him and I smiled and said 'hello' and he reciprocated with a bigger hello and grin...one of life's little regrets that I never had the courage to stop and have a chat.
It is rarely a bad thing to meet a good man, no matter how fleetingly.

What's a personalised opinion?

Is it monogrammed or something

Its more along the lines of lets say for example you have a severe distaste for a particular ethnic part of the world and you travel somewhere and there is a part of the population that is that ethnic background. But then you come back home and tell everyone that the place was flooded with them and how horrible it was with so many there.

Those people unless they have been there themselves have only your "personal experience" to judge by.

I don't think he will be office very long, hence the reason he is shooting so many foreigners.

Not true. He was actually elected because he campaigned as more of a humanitarian then the other guy. But not caving to international pressure makes not only himself look good but Indonesia as well about not only standing its ground, but taking no quarter in regards to its laws.

Death penalty for drugs is a joke should be for rapists and murderers not drug smuggling.

Thats your personal opinion and theres nothing wrong with that but don't go attacking another countries justice system because it doesn't line up with your own. Drugs are rampant over there and if it scares away even a few smugglers it potentially saves a lot more lives.

Watching CH Nine at 6pm I just feel sad and sick.

Life imprisonment or many long years, but the deliberate killing of anyone by anyone is immoral.

Watching a very bias news network for starters. I wonder if you have the same stance of deliberate killing if these guys successfully smuggled the drugs then those drugs were responsible for someone dying.... That act of smuggling would be just as deliberate as being executed for being caught.

Size of dicks by the overkill Police-Military presence.

Alot of show and tell but stops any potential issues that you might not have been aware of.....

Not only they have our back but also training our Australian soldiers i dare Indonesia to even try and attack us.

Oh for god sake.

For starters when did this even remotely get close to a topic of war.

Also keep in mind Indonesia's population of over 252 million people compared to our 23.

They are not as stone age as I have no doubt you think they are.

But this is not a John Wayne movie-its actually really happening.
Very valid point in my opinion. I think people watch these blokes being taken to this island on TV and think it's almost fiction and can't connect with what they must be going through. I know this happens every second of every day all around the world, but two people are about to be killed and it's s**t because it feels preventable. Unlike many other... I'm just gonna say murders.... this one involves years and more recently weeks of anticipation of the inevitable. I imagine they and their families just want it all over and done with.

He's not Italian by any chance?

No.

He just thinks sitting around waiting to die on someone else's terms is a s**t way to live. However, he has no problem with the executions of drug traffickers. He reckons it would be doing them a favour to shoot them in their sleep than make a ceremony out of it.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...joko-widodo-for-clemency-20150304-13upso.html

The President of lndonesia

3rd March 2015

Your Excellency, I am writing to appeal to you to grant clemency to Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran. I understand and respect your efforts to combat drug abuse, this is something that all countries and four lads from Birmingham have had to deal with. lndeed, I have seen first hand the negative impacts that drugs can have on people and their families. Why do you think we wrote 'Snowblind' and 'Hand of Doom' and then kicked out Ozzy after the Never Say Die tour?

I appeal to you, as a forgiving iron man and a master of reality, to take note of their transformation. They are now reformed men who are making a positive difference to the lives of their fellow prisoners.

By the way, that is me that coughs at the beginning of 'Sweet Leaf'

Yours sincerely,

Tony Iommi
THE RIFFMASTER

\m/ SABBATH \m/

PS Take Richie Blackmore instead.

I was thinking the same thing as your old man but jesus, that behemoth armoured car with 100 armed officers surrounding you, four on each side of you as you walk, there'd be no chance.

and they still had the courage to walk on to the plane with their heads high and without fuss...in the end there was no need for this bravado that the Indonesian govt decided to put on display, if this isn't political then I don't know what is, but I do know that "50 more people will die in Indonesia today because of narcotics"...so, putting these two to the sword has achieved sweet fa.

The Indonesian President has stated that the executions won't take place this week...crazy.

Last edited:
I think they're getting what they deserved but at the same time hope they stand up straight and take it like men showing a bit of pride.
I don't.

The problem with drugs and how it should be tackled should be looked at from the demand side. In our form of 'civilization', there will always be demand for it. It is mostly a problem of poverty, hopelessness, lack of opportunity, disenfranchisement, disconnect and no sense of your place in the world etc. The way our civilization has evolved and continues to, this problem if anything will increase. In Indonesia the divide between rich and poor (and almost everywhere else in the world) is only increasing. Their drug problem will go from 50 a day to more. Solve the inequality, solve the disconnect and the problem gets solved. This will never happen. The system is rigged to ensure this doesn't happen. Trying to solve it from the supply side is so stupid and narrow. It will not solve this issue one bit. Humans are so dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with drugs and how it should be tackled should be looked at from the demand side. In our form of 'civilization', there will always be demand for it. It is mostly a problem of poverty, hopelessness, lack of opportunity, disenfranchisement, disconnect and no sense of your place in the world etc. The way our civilization has evolved and continues to, this problem if anything will increase. In Indonesia the divide between rich and poor (and almost everywhere else in the world) is only increasing. Their drug problem will go from 50 a day to more. Solve the inequality, solve the disconnect and the problem gets solved. This will never happen. The system is rigged to ensure this doesn't happen. Trying to solve it from the supply side is so stupid and narrow. It will not solve this issue one bit. Humans are so dumb.

You do realise in poor countries the divide between rich and poor is largely due to this franchising of drugs you speak of.

Im curious as to how its narrow to attack the supply... Starts at the top and then affects the process below.... Start from the bottom and the king pins just adjust their network accordingly.

What drugs was it heroin I assume?

Sadly ironic. given 70% of the worlds herion comes from Afghanistan.

And was stopped under the Taliban. Only to be regrown under American occupancy.

Further more when one views the history of the. 'War on drugs'

during prohibition the white house was well stocked with bootleg grog ...

Its not.

What's barbaric is an electric chair, where the guy doesn't die for hours

And its all done by non medical professionals...

Yeah the chair is pretty full on.

I don't know if you've seen it but you should watch a documentary called 'Death Row - The Final 24 Hours' it's on youtube gives a really good insight of how the US justice system carry out their death penalties.

Last edited:
OK they all die within 15 second

Regardless of the fact the executioners have not been to medical school...

Edit: I may have been getting my electric chairs and lethel injections mixed up.

However in both cases I've heard death row inmates can stay alive for a remarkably long time

Prisoner exchange suggestions from Bishop have been declined by Indonesia.
Not a real smart move on the part of the Indonesians but in keeping with their hypocritical stance on capital punishment. If these two guys do get executed the Indonesian Government can expect to get little support if any when they appeal for clemency for their own citizens who facing the death penalty in other countries around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back