Mega Thread Dream team, Super Coach, Fantasy and tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

52c30156b8014b2d02538399f1517795.png

Alright heres my team at the moment as I said a couple of weeks ago I was toying with the idea of going with Cornish as a cheap starter in my team.
(Obviously rookies are placeholders to lazy to move in Nabuli & Aitken at the moment).

So with the starting backs:
  • Inglis, Jackson, Guerra & JT are all safe guns to pick.
  • Kahu will hopefully start at Fback should see an increase in scores. (Will play R11)
  • Soliola will start in the second row for the Raiders and is well worth the gamble at that price. (Will play R11)
Now with starting forwards:
  • Happy with Farah, Fifita, Bromwich, Burgess & Parker as my guns.
  • Not a fan of the second rows this year, Gallen is too expensive for me, Can see Fensom being eased into the season and don't want to touch Merrin.
  • So I've gone with Finucane who should increase in price and score this season (will be used as a stepping stone to a fallen gun)
  • Not a fan of going with Taumalolo but he did have a great end to last season, has been good this preseason plus he plays R11.
Now onto the bench/reserves:
  • I've payed a little more for Lichaa as he plays R11 & R14.
  • Grevsmuhl, Oates, Coote & Cornish will hopefully all play R 11 as well, which means i'd probably like to keep them up to the point.
Which leads me to my major problem with this team: I'll have only 1FRF, 12RF, 1HB, 15/8 & 3CTW who I'll be looking to trade out when they've made cash. My concern is that they'll struggle to make cash Hastings will probably come off the bench, while my 5/8 and CTW's could all get dumped by R5 ie making very little cash.

I just can't see myself being able to trade in any guns prior to round 11, if Cornish was to flop would I be able to find 270K to bring in A Reynolds? Hmm probably not.

A forward heavy team should also be a lot more consistent in scoring than the backs, meaning I'd hopefully burst out of the gates with some good score, but would it be good enough long term?

Any thoughts on this team/strategy?

52c30156b8014b2d02538399f1517795.png

Alright heres my team at the moment as I said a couple of weeks ago I was toying with the idea of going with Cornish as a cheap starter in my team.
(Obviously rookies are placeholders to lazy to move in Nabuli & Aitken at the moment).

So with the starting backs:
  • Inglis, Jackson, Guerra & JT are all safe guns to pick.
  • Kahu will hopefully start at Fback should see an increase in scores. (Will play R11)
  • Soliola will start in the second row for the Raiders and is well worth the gamble at that price. (Will play R11)
Now with starting forwards:
  • Happy with Farah, Fifita, Bromwich, Burgess & Parker as my guns.
  • Not a fan of the second rows this year, Gallen is too expensive for me, Can see Fensom being eased into the season and don't want to touch Merrin.
  • So I've gone with Finucane who should increase in price and score this season (will be used as a stepping stone to a fallen gun)
  • Not a fan of going with Taumalolo but he did have a great end to last season, has been good this preseason plus he plays R11.
Now onto the bench/reserves:
  • I've payed a little more for Lichaa as he plays R11 & R14.
  • Grevsmuhl, Oates, Coote & Cornish will hopefully all play R 11 as well, which means i'd probably like to keep them up to the point.
Which leads me to my major problem with this team: I'll have only 1FRF, 12RF, 1HB, 15/8 & 3CTW who I'll be looking to trade out when they've made cash. My concern is that they'll struggle to make cash Hastings will probably come off the bench, while my 5/8 and CTW's could all get dumped by R5 ie making very little cash.

I just can't see myself being able to trade in any guns prior to round 11, if Cornish was to flop would I be able to find 270K to bring in A Reynolds? Hmm probably not.

A forward heavy team should also be a lot more consistent in scoring than the backs, meaning I'd hopefully burst out of the gates with some good score, but would it be good enough long term?

Any thoughts on this team/strategy?

You know it yourself, too light in the halves and too many origin players...unless you're just worried about h2h.

You know what you're doing.

Might want to take advantage of all those minutes that have been freed up at the titans.

Thinking you've got the wrong back up hooker. Love the look of Moseley from the titans and will probably be starting now with no Falloon.

Planning for round 11 now is fraught with danger. Around rounds 9-11 is when rookies are meant to be upgraded.

You know it yourself, too light in the halves and too many origin players...unless you're just worried about h2h.

You know what you're doing.

Might want to take advantage of all those minutes that have been freed up at the titans.
Cheers for the responses guys.

Obviously the team was made before the whole coke drama, so there have been some big changes.

In come Moseley & James + any other Titans rookie that will play big minutes.

Yea perhaps I was kidding myself with Cornish as a starter. So I've got A Reynolds in there now who was great at the 9s, playing as the dominant half in a team filled with great players, he kicks goals and will be really handy around origin.

Yea the amount of origin players do concern me but geeze they do pick themselves here, perhaps move Fifita to Graham or Burgess. Some really big decisions to be made here.

Is there a BigFooty league this year (supercoach)?

no one around here seems interested in Supercoach this year.
If you're looking for competition, perhaps go to the forums on leagueunlimted. I crash a couple last year.

On 224/3 (C), Reynolds & GI with two great scores and Parker with an absolute stinker as my captain.

I'm not one to make rash decisions but if Parker is played at dummy half for large parts of the next game, he might just have to be traded. Thankfully I have enough cash to bring in Gal if worst comes to worst.

Nonetheless will keep calm and make no trades this week.

How has everyone else gone so far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On 801 have Finucane & Bromwich so will hopefully get to 920ish but some shocking scores there.

Moseley, Parker, Taumalolo, JT & Jackson. Had Santi & Kata as Res over Jennings & Lolohea as well.

A shame about O'Neill with all those mistakes but a decent score from him. (hopefully he retains his spot)

Great score from my Pod Soliola, had been eyeing him off since early Jan, Ricky loves this bloke and was set for some big minutes in the second row. (just a shame everyone will bring him in)

What a score from Fensom though (will be one of my first upgrades)

Got rid of Soliola on Friday to go bigger in my CTW/FB :(
Looks like he has a prettt decent work rate - 65pts in 80min was far better than any other edge forward this weekend.

What a stinker of a round, finished on 884. Frustratingly 200 points less than my R1 score last year. Yet I feel like I've gone close to nailing my team but almost everyone has under-performed :mad:

Eyes are firmly on Fensom as my first upgrade in the coming month.

Ordered SuperCoach Gold the other day, still don't have access to it not sure whats going on.

As I said the other day will be making no trades and I stuck to my word on this, was nice to see those chasing last weeks points get burnt as well. :)

Was bloody close to making Parker Captain :(

On 3/192 Graham (74) Parker (70) Jackson (48), decent start.

Thinking of next weeks trades: If Moseley is poor again, might bring in Lichaa or if O'Brien gets no minutes might change him to another rookie. (Obviously hoping for no injuries or suspensions).

I'm still really happy with how the team is looking, just a dam shame about my R1 score.

Suppose it depends upon how you've structured your team. Soliola as a 2RF is good.
Glenn Stewart was a mid range must. Lione will make a little bit, wicks will do the same. Need to really get you're money from the backs this year.

I have had Soliola, Stewart and Sue from the start who will all make $100k plus. Had to go that way with the lack of value cows.

Not unhappy i didnt get lisone with the way his minutes are going

Reynolds out is a massive blow had him especially for the byes, Will probably downgrade to Elgey (meaning I'll have 600K in the bank) Will than look to bring in Fenson, Burgess, Taupau & Ma'u for the byes in the coming weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back