ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Next week's NAB challenge game between Sydney and Freo is the AFL's first ever Pride Match - designed to embrace diversity and (attempt to begin) to end homophobia in the AFL.

As a gay person myself, I am proud that my club is part of this initiative (even if it's just by coincidence rather than by design ;) ).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-05/afl-announces-pride-match

Last edited:
Awesome! Great step in the right direction. Hopefully it might begin to ease a bit of pressure on some of the kids (and adults) feeling alienated out there

Still waiting for my beer bellied but dashingly handsome devil round. Then I'll know for sure we've made it as a league and feel included.

When you go to the footy and hear someone yell "you're a beer bellied but dashingly handsome devil" instead of "you're a f@880t" to an oppostion player or supporter - then you'll know you need one.

Another reason to love Pav. <3

matthewpavlichfremantle.jpg

Still waiting for my beer bellied but dashingly handsome devil round. Then I'll know for sure we've made it as a league and feel included.

Get in line buster. Follically challenged baldies like me are the next cab off the rank.

I am also a member of the baldies/balding group.

Sorry ladies and also men I guess, I'm already taken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orange is the new black?

Poussey attempts this unlikely move, but then clearly laughs it off with the words, "See I told you scissoring isn't real."

This is OT anyway - and pretty much demonstrates a voyeuristic straight guy's internalised homophobia, which I guess is why a Pride round is a good idea in many ways.

Last edited:
As much as it is a great initiative and should have been done years ago, I don't see why it's happening in the pre-season. Surely it would get more exposure in the regular season when all the footy shows are back on.

Mardi Gras in Sydney this weekend maybe? The whole city has pretty much got its gay on at the moment.

I have already started getting the homophobic anti-Freo emails from Eagles acquaintances (no friends there). Classy bunch.

Next week's NAB challenge game between Sydney and Freo is the AFL's first ever Pride Match - designed to embrace diversity and (attempt to begin) to end homophobia in the AFL.

As a gay person myself, I am proud that my club is part of this initiative (even if it's just by coincidence rather than by design ;) ).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-05/afl-announces-pride-match
The AFL has nominated the pre-season game between the Swans and Dockers on Sunday, March 15 at Drummoyne Oval in Western Sydney

The people with $2 million houses in Drummoyne will not be impressed with that epithet.

They should have it at Waverley Oval so I can walk to it.

I have already started getting the homophobic anti-Freo emails from Eagles acquaintances (no friends there). Classy bunch.
Every team has their flog supporters. I for one applaud this initiative, it is a blight on our society that it is even required in the first place, but well done to the AFL and the Swans/Dockers for getting behind the cause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back