SFA Ask Me Anything (Episode 40: jmoo wan - pg. 174)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is your least favourite word?
Soon.
Don't ask me why but I have this weird thing about words with double 'o' in them. Ever since I was little, they've given me the creeps.

I know women usually say the 'c' word but to be honest, I employ that word with great frequency behind the wheel of a car. I use it as a noun ('you're a C') and an adjective ("use your C'ing indicator next time you C").

I can't help it that I can drive and nobody else can.

Lucky you told me to move because my pants fell off. Thankfully the kids at the kindergarten next door were a lot more understanding.

Rex_Banner.png
I'm a mandatory reporter under child protection laws...this might be the end of our friendship.

I'm a mandatory reporter under child protection laws...this might be the end of our friendship.
I find it funny that THIS is the comment that needs to end the friendship :D

Actually fairly close except I have brown eyes.

We have met, and no, his hair is not any colour other than red. Strawberry blonde my arse (sorry Pants).
You are colour blind.

miss_kate18 do HaroLad and bffl behave in class?
I try to separate them because they don't demonstrate good learning behaviours sitting together, but I turn around to write on the board and they're back sitting next to each other. They also like to throw paper planes at ClarkeM who sits right up the front with his hand up all the time.

miss_kate18 what are your thoughts on global warming?
Living in Melbourne on days like today it's hard to see evidence of it.

Honestly, one of those things I'm happy to accept the science on. I'm not a maths and science sort of person so I'm not one to question the commonly accepted research on issues like global warming because I'm too lazy to do my own.

miss_kate18 if I had 5 apples and gave 3 apples to Johnny, calculate the earth of the sun?
Why are you giving Johnny apples for free?
A smart mathematician would know that if you charge $1.00 per apple, undercutting the profit margin of the supermarkets so Johnny will purchase from you, Johnny will want all three but he only has $2 on him, so you lend him $1 but charge him compound interest, thereby making a profit because you bought the apples for 50c each at a dodgy Footscray Market stall.

It's ethical because Johnny is a Hawthorn supporter.

Why are you giving Johnny apples for free?
A smart mathematician would know that if you charge $1.00 per apple, undercutting the profit margin of the supermarkets so Johnny will purchase from you, Johnny will want all three but he only has $2 on him, so you lend him $1 but charge him compound interest, thereby making a profit because you bought the apples for 50c each at a dodgy Footscray Market stall.

It's ethical because Johnny is a Hawthorn supporter.
Yes but what is the mass of the sun?

This is one of those questions that when I get it from a student, I say "why don't you go and do a research investigation and report back to the class on your findings? Like a little extension project!" and they go away all happy because look at me, I got extension work.

It really means "I don't know, I'm trying to teach everyone else, go and Google it".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of those questions that when I get it from a student, I say "why don't you go and do a research investigation and report back to the class on your findings? Like a little extension project!" and they go away all happy because look at me, I got extension work.

It really means "I don't know, I'm trying to teach everyone else, go and Google it".

miss_kate18 was it difficult to aclimatise to the losing culture ingrained into the Bears, and would you entertain a move to greener pastures?

1.989E30 kg

Something to do with converting the mass to energy. I think. I got confused with that Wikipedia entry.

E is just shorthand for 1x10^ in maths

(that inner scientist ... )

1.989E30 kg

Something to do with converting the mass to energy. I think. I got confused with that Wikipedia entry.
I thought teachers despise Wikipedia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back