Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he could get much more cash elsewhere, but prefers not being in the spotlight - so that's a win/win for GWS.

Edit, jeepers... this IS loyalty:

Suggests to me that Dangerfield might be leaving as that's the only way they'd have that cash.

So Davis AND Cameron turn the, down to play for GWS....yet their supporters don't bat an eyelid. I'd be very worried by that.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently he could get much more cash elsewhere, but prefers not being in the spotlight - so that's a win/win for GWS.

Edit, jeepers... this IS loyalty:

Yeah, but what if the offer had been from a club players haven't been abandoning like rats off a sinking ship the last few years? :confused::D

GreyPower

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2014
PAFC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would 5 more years at GWS qualify Cameron for un-restricted free agency...if so, thats when it gets interesting..

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Suggests to me that Dangerfield might be leaving as that's the only way they'd have that cash.
If I was an Adelaide player out of contract this year I'd be wanting my offer upped. As for GWS it's good to see they've tied up so much in one player, hopefully it shakes free a few more realistic options. Again.

Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
'GWS have done amazingly. Adelaide offer for Cameron was 7 years, as big as $8 million. Big commitment to the Giants.'
Cheers Dylan. Wow that's a massive offer from the Crows, all but suggests they're losing Danger at years end & were hoping to replace him with an equally big signing.

That 5 year deal is perfect as it'll tie him to GWS until he becomes a free agent, poor lad will be lucky to play in a winning final during that time though.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
ben newton, 1 minute 1 goal. already achieved more at melbourne than he did here....

Good start for Newts at Melbourne, 1st touch a kick from 50m on a 45 angle and dobs it
One of the reasons we can afford our stars is that we make the hard decision on players like Newton when it comes to money. We can't pay their market value as we've Prioritised.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One of the reasons we can afford our stars is that we make the hard decision on players like Newton when it comes to money. We can't pay their market value as we've Prioritised.
It wasn't money, it was game time. We couldn't guarantee him any, Melbourne could guarantee 22 games.

I don't think Adelaide's offer to Cameron has anything to do with Dangerfield leaving.

But goes to show that Dangerfield could make some huge cash if he stays in Adelaide!

Dangerfield, Talia and Crouch are in for some huge cash in the coming years.

They can't afford to lose another big name after that crazy period when Davis, Bock, Maric, Gunston and Tippett all left in relatively short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back