List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably depends on what guys like Newnes/Ross/Wright/Acres etc show but I still think we're one or two genuine star mids short of where we need to be, I'd be making sure we've got that sorted first before we worry about guys who rely on others to win the ball. At least with our first pick anyway. Or are you extremely confident in our future midfield?

Ok so maybe not pure outside mids, maybe I used a bad example, but certainly mids who have that run and carry. I agree we are still at least two genuine midfield stars away. I think that is because we went Paddy & Hugh last year to go a long way to fix our key position issues, but to the detriment of our midfield, (I'm not complaining - rapt with whom we got but unfortunately we can't fix all our issues in one go).

In answer to your question we have the makings of a decent midfield group - albeit a bit raw. My hope is that we go mids mids and more mids for at least our 1st and 2nd round picks. I think we'll have either pick 1, 2 or 3 at the end of this year so I hope we pick the right kid!

I wouldn't underestimate Eli in that outside run, carry and hitting targets (including the goals) all day long role. Then there's McKenzie who is ideally suited to that role (having a big-assed tank, terrific speed, elite agility and a ripper left foot), with Webster another one that has very similar tools (tank, speed, elite agility, ripper disposal).

I reckon we just need to keep on going best available and a lot will depend on who we get with our first pick. If it's Parish then that could be a heap of our run and carry issues solved for the following 12 years.

I wouldn't underestimate Eli in that outside run, carry and hitting targets (including the goals) all day long role. Then there's McKenzie who is ideally suited to that role (having a big-assed tank, terrific speed, elite agility and a ripper left foot), with Webster another one that has very similar tools (tank, speed, elite agility, ripper disposal).

I reckon we just need to keep on going best available and a lot will depend on who we get with our first pick. If it's Parish then that could be a heap of our run and carry issues solved for the following 12 years.

I agree we could develop Wright, Acres and Shenton into outside runners too. If you get best available you can't go too far wrong.

If we aren't able to get some good outside run, carry and disposal going with all those on our list who have the attributes for it (including Newnes as well of course) then I think there's something wrong and if we get Parish or Tucker that will add some more serious outside polish (although Parish played a traditional inside roving role at the champs I saw last year).

I don't want to believe it....

.... Because I don't want to be disappointed by it....

Would you take it as a 'replacement' if Jack Steven left? Can you imagine them together, with Jacky Newnes, Blake Acres and Luke Dunstan? And Darcy Tucker...

Last edited:
I don't want to believe it....

.... Because I don't want to be disappointed by it....

Would you take it as a 'replacement' of Jack Steven left? Can you imagine them together, with Jacky Newnes, Blake Acres and Luke Dunstan? And Darcy Tucker...

Wouldn't Treloar be better than Steven?

I don't see GWS taking pick 2 for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't Treloar be better than Steven?

I don't see GWS taking pick 2 for him though.
These days, if he wants to come home, and nominates us, then GWS is basically obligated to make it happen.

The fair thing to do is not bend them (completely) over a barrel.

I wouldn't necessarily go after the superstars in the making, Id go after the young bottom feeders who will turn into the next Joey Montagna's, they will be hungry for a deal but are likely to starve whilst the top end blokes get overpaid.

I wouldn't necessarily go after the superstars in the making, Id go after the young bottom feeders who will turn into the next Joey Montagna's, they will be hungry for a deal but are likely to starve whilst the top end blokes get overpaid.
Yeah let's get more membrey/Bruce's of the world..

Yeah let's get more membrey/Bruce's of the world..
Membrey looks the goods, and Bruce is a junior AA who - at worst - will be a tall, versatile footsoldier in our march to the 2020 flag.

I don't know why you're agin' 'em.

Membrey looks the goods, and Bruce is a junior AA who - at worst - will be a tall, versatile footsoldier in our march to the 2020 flag.

I don't know why you're agin' 'em.
I was just saying these are the guys BS is referring to, you can't really want many more c+to b players on our list to come from other clubs, give me a blue chip

Disagree to a certain extent in that it's harder to pick the next Montagna, much easier to recruit a sure thing like Treloar who would be the best player from day 1 at out club. Thankfully Wayne Hughes has pretty good history in picking good, solid contributors and we can't lose with a top 2 pick this year.

Disagree to a certain extent in that it's harder to pick the next Montagna, much easier to recruit a sure thing like Treloar who would be the best player from day 1 at out club. Thankfully Wayne Hughes has pretty good history in picking good, solid contributors and we can't lose with a top 2 pick this year.
Are you high on Hughes? I thought he was pretty crap at the blues when u think about it

How does he have a pretty good history? Blues supporters think he was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back