Game Day NAB Challenge 1 Dockers VS Dees - Freo Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I being overly critical or were we outplayed by an average side? Slow ball movement, lack of ball skills, lack of composure..
I thought we were very poor.
Just hard at this stage mate. Melbourne won't be easy beats this year regardless of where they finish. RTB said he wanted to work on structures and that's what the 2nd half looked like. Considering we usually lose every preseason game today was a blinder!

Could he have landed on his elbow between the ground and his ribs?
I've done that before. Wedged elbow into ribs and cracked them. Fingers crossed!

What do you guys think about the Barlow and mundy ankles?? Ross said a niggle with barra and his ankle

I've done that before. Wedged elbow into ribs and cracked them. Fingers crossed!

What do you guys think about the Barlow and mundy ankles?? Ross said a niggle with barra and his ankle
Mundy rolled his ankle a week or so ago so I expect another is causing consern for him, lots of jumping onto half balls single leg landing for him

Well Duffield being sore ribs is bullshit. You don't cradle your arm for sore ribs. That is a collarbone or shoulder.

One thing is for sure we will get rolled next week over here as you can almost guarantee they won't risk Mundy or Barlow to travel to Sydney. And rightly so. But can't see us beating Sydney with those 2 out. Not sure if Fyfe will be back

Glad tabs took a few grabs. Will get confidence fit that. Apeness didn't really do anything

Lamumba was the difference for them

Hogan will be a gun come mid season. Damn you Ross for not getting that deal over the line

Well Duffield being sore ribs is bullshit. You don't cradle your arm for sore ribs. That is a collarbone or shoulder.

Guys on 6pr initially thought it was a rib as they saw duff cradling his arm over his rib? All i know is the broken ribs can really hurt! Fingers crossed hey!

AFL site is really talking it up though...
"Wounded Winners"
"Stars fall in Freo win"
"INJURIES to Paul Duffield, Michael Barlow and David Mundy have soured Fremantle's hard-fought 18-point win over an impressive Melbourne outfit at Fremantle Oval on Thursday afternoon.The Demons tested the Dockers in hot, oppressive conditions in Perth..."

Guys on 6pr initially thought it was a rib as they saw duff cradling his arm over his rib? All i know is the broken ribs can really hurt! Fingers crossed hey!

"Wounded Winners"
"Stars fall in Freo win"
"INJURIES to Paul Duffield, Michael Barlow and David Mundy have soured Fremantle's hard-fought 18-point win over an impressive Melbourne outfit at Fremantle Oval on Thursday afternoon.The Demons tested the Dockers in hot, oppressive conditions in Perth..."

Neither Mick or David looked distressed about their ankles.
Dave would have been totally pissed if it was anything more than a rolled ankle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Wounded Winners"
"Stars fall in Freo win"
Poor Spurr. Bled for the fans, and the AFL didn't even notice his injury.

I hope duffs is just ribs, looked suspiciously like something more but we'll wait and see.
A couple of rolled ankles ain't bad - no need to stress and happens almost every game in a H&A season.
I didn't take too much from that, so many interchanges and positional swaps from mids and flankers makes it hard to tell if there is the chemistry and cohesion we need.
Tabs was promising, clancee was clearly stressing at times about moving it on quickly, neale so clean in congestion it's getting to the point of freaky and crozier seems to have more belief.
Silva did well, Luke looks like luke and Jhonno needs a couple more runs to iron out the rust.
Griff was average but in saying that Clarke didn't Impact the contest too much - I miss sandi already :(

I see one rule that hasn't been altered this year is rule 6.2.3.1
"A player shall be free to Maul, scrap and deliver head high contact to Matthew Pavlich without penalty"

That one where he was forced to juggle the ball five times with one hand was ridiculous. Sensational that the ump couldn't see why he was only going with one hand.

Sat on the concrete under the fig trees for most of the match. A few observations -

McPharlin must have found the fountain of youth. Looked superb today.
Hogan is definitely a must have for us.
Taberner looked exceptional today. Also appeared to be throwing his weight around.
Silvagni solid.
Johnson definitely will be better for the run.
Sutcliffe just sublime. Starting to remind me of Bluey McKenna with his precise ball use.
Definite lack of pressure by us. Let Melbourne have far too much midfield space.
Pavlich looking set for a great year if managed properly.
Walters is just Walters. What more can I say.
Umpires cruelled the game I thought. (In the last quarter saw one umpire blow "time off" but both teams just ignored him as did the other umpires - he's probably waiting now in the dark to blow time on).
Did I mention Sutcliffe and his attacking runs up the ground - LOVE IT!.

Undoubtely there are comments to be made on all the team members but I"ll leave that to other observers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back