2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well really that is their identity - they buy success. Carlton have long been known for spending a dollar. It may not be an identity they maybe like now but that is who they have been. As much as I hate saying it - once upon a time it worked for them but it appears they have now possibly disenfranchised their own

As much as it is fun to lol the blues, remember Richmond 2010 - 36,000 members (at final count). We should not forget where we have come from.

It also demonstrates how things can be turned around with good strong leadership & supporters who believe.....

The Club has signed up 7000 new members so far this year....
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-03-04/membership-qa

.....Well make that 7001 :) as i joined my wife up today as a new member, we got married 3 months ago in Melbourne shes Russian been here since last May after meeting in 2009, speaks fluent English and luvvvvs her footy....Her knowledge of the game and our players is amazing, reads all the articles on the RFC website and AFL site too. When she was here for 2 months in 2013 for a holiday i took her to her first game against Carlscum in RD 1 in front of 81K and we won after so many losses to them....
She then returned back to her native Russia and listened to every game on her iPhone via MMM, SEN and 3AW apps and every Sat she would watch AFL on Eurosports2 (Live)...

In 2014 she got her permanent visa and she rode the wave with us all on our 9 game winning streak attending every game, we travelled to Adelaide with 10,000 other Tiger fans to see us play Port in the final, we sung together with gusto in the city before the tiger march to AAMI stadium but as much as it was disappointing to lose so convincingly she looked at me and i said geez i luv this club....Yellow & Black its in the blood!

TIGER FOR LIFE

Not many things better than a good footy story. Except maybe a good footy story + Romance.....;)

P.S Thanks for sharing that...

Tbh I think Hawthorn lose thousands of potential supporters every year due to their colours being piss and poo :D

Nobody but idiots would want to wear that s**t . Stinky bastards haha. Kind of explains why they've tried to darken the brown over the last few years, so it's a bit more acceptable to wear as a supporter :oops:

and they really do have an inferiority complex when it comes to Richmond because deep down they know that they'll never be as big as us.

Maybe all of their "shitty" memberships have been "clogged up" for years.

Had to laugh at 3AW tonight and how they started off with the editorial on how the Hawks are going to overtake the Pies as the biggest club and their membership is only a few thousand behind. It went on for 20 or so minutes before some chick rang and pointed out the Tiges past the Hawks in membership last week. Talk about red faced and some creative backtracking.

Had to laugh at 3AW tonight and how they started off with the editorial on how the Hawks are going to overtake the Pies as the biggest club and their membership is only a few thousand behind. It went on for 20 or so minutes before some chick rang and pointed out the Tiges past the Hawks in membership last week. Talk about red faced and some creative backtracking.
Was it Shealy and Derpwayne ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've lost 500 members already by not holding the price longer

Well it is not like the price rise was sprung on them. Had plenty of notice to get it done.

And I would say not lost. There is just no urgency for people to sign up in droves now. It is more likely to be a steady trickle through to start of season now. We should see those 500 you refer to join up in smaller streams now

maybe we are trolling the hawks and pies by publishing low membership signings when we really have another 500 banked up ready to unleash on them once they feel comfortable again?:cool:

The idea of trolling Hawthorn would not even occur to me.

A mid ranking club enjoying a great run of success and making hay while the sun shines. Good luck to them. They will eventually blow out.

Tiger fans should only bother with trolling Carlton and Collingwood. the clubs immortal enemies. They are the games I look for every year.

Accounting ?

God no

Accounting is just counting the bodies, economics is about how you actually kill them

The misunderstanding he has is on buyer behaviour and demand, not the math

Well it is not like the price rise was sprung on them. Had plenty of notice to get it done.

And I would say not lost. There is just no urgency for people to sign up in droves now. It is more likely to be a steady trickle through to start of season now. We should see those 500 you refer to join up in smaller streams now

I mean last minute decision to continue the same price. Everyone would have still rushed for the deadline. We would have sold a lot more this week with that method

Remove this Banner Ad

Back