Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Due to popular demand (I.e 4 likes), i feel like it's time to open another poaching thread... it's preseason, you're deluded in actually thinking we have things to discuss :p

Also before i write this thread, i would like royalties for any Advertiser article that is written about Jeremy Howe coming to the Adelaide Football Club as we all know andrew webster Michelangelo Rucci will used this as the source... just PM me so we can organize the details Rooch! Alternatively to The Advertiser, i am an unemployed student that isn't in a journalism degree... i think i'm more than qualified enough to be your next chief sports writer ;)

Anyway, cast your minds back to a lovely Septembers day when redhorse created a rumor that we were after a big fish, we foolishly believed at the time that was Jeremy Cameron, due to the logic that he liked catching in big fish, therefore he is a big fish. It was flawless logic and with some delusions of grandeur some of us dreamed of luring over at Adelaide for a hefty sum.

That proved to be absolutely false with him signing a decent deal with that plastic Sydney side, no not the Swans, the other one.

So, here we are wallowing when it came to light that Jeremy Howe has put off contract talks with Melbourne... linked here.

Now lets look at the logical side of the cryptic clues we have been given:
We are after a "big fish" --> Lord (Jeremy) Howe Island is a big fishing destination
It is understood that we were after Howe a few years ago.
Howe is out of contract this season and has put off signing.

Now, look at that. Adelaide are rumored to be trying to sign someone, (understood that) we've shown previous interest and we have draft picks for once... it's all coming into place. The bait we've cast out was for the "disgruntled" Melbourne player. Will we reel him in for a second round pick? Will this deal capsize? stay tuned during 2015 season to find out more. Or discuss why this will not happen in here :D

PS: At Andrew Webster, i do enjoy your posting as it tends cause a bit of a stir, but i'm not missing that opportunity :)
PPS: Majority of this is fallacy, but it's still at a higher quality investigative piece than 99% of the articles produced by these following journos: John Ralph, Rucci, Mark Robinson on ASADA, anyone employed by afl.com, actually... majority of sports journos in AFL, Actually would of been easier listing journos that would of done a better job, Caro, maybe Emma Q.
PPPS: I have no shame dayton in "kinda" stealing your joke.
PPPPS: If only they were the Melbourne Sharks/Turtles/Platypuses/Sea Horses etc, instead of the Demons... the puns would of worked even better, on that note I definitely didn't make this thread as an excuse to use a fair few terrible fishing puns.

Everything confirmed!
hqdefault.jpg

He seems to be a fairly one-dimensional player to me. I'd rather the club put all their attention on Aish and Toumpas.
Toumpas has put on some serious muscle this pre-season judging by tonights game, hopefully it helps him with the injury issues. Be nice with Toumpas and Aish on opposing wings delivering to tex and camero...oh wait.

Don't be fooled by his highlight real, last year was his best year statistically and he only averaged 17disposals/game .

Toumpas has loads of potential, you don't play in the SANFL the way he did as a 17 year old by fluke.

That's a fair point... it's a worry how much he's stagnated though.

Toumpas has put on some serious muscle this pre-season judging by tonights game, hopefully it helps him with the injury issues. Be nice with Toumpas and Aish on opposing wings delivering to tex and camero...oh wait.

No, your right, going by our Betts strategy, Charlie Cameron is our target man for the next decade ;)

That's a fair point... it's a worry how much he's stagnated though.

He's another example of a kid who doesn't have the personality to handle the pressure of being a high draft pick at a struggling club. He will be polec x 10 if we could get him out of Melbourne next year. Some people need to earn their stripes to prove it to themselves, not have stardom expected of them before they have done anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My faith is being restored.

We've grown testicles. Cameron is the business, and you can't always land when you fish in that quality of pool. But if this is the new way we do things then I'm excited

Absolutely. We are definitely talking the talk. If we can play a good brand of footy and make the 8 this year - we are on the right track to become the big powerful club we have always had the opportunity to become.

Thats not important to me. I have decided that this year I don't care who wins and loses. I just want everyone to have a really good time playing the game.
Instead of a grand final we could hold a participation ceremony and every AFL player gets a ribbon over the course of 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back