The Official Shved to Admundson Week 19 Thread #lolknicks

Who Is The Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest thing i have ever seen!
WelltodoQuaintCoypu.gif

jesus he complains like a bitch

Can't blame him on this occasion. you'd think a player in the best league in the world getting payed millions would know the time on the clock especially in that situation

you're talking about people who didn't complete college most of the time

I hope all the "Brandon Knight isn't a point guard" types are enjoying him stinking it up at the 2 spot for the Suns.

I'm fairly neutral on the whole thing, but he didn't stink it up today*

* Although he did let Dipo get off the chain for a lazy 38

thanks DJ :hearts:

Some pretty funky stuff going on in that game - Redick and CP3 jacked up a combined 56 shots, Turk played 37 mins (!) and Lillard hit one shot but had 18 (eighteen!) boards :eek:

How far do we all think Portland can go in the playoffs?
I get the feeling that a team like Houston would be rated beneath the Blazers on this forum but personally I think the Rockets would handle Portland quite easily this year, in fact I think outside the Mavs and the Pels if they can sneak in at the death they would struggle against any other team in the west playoffs in a series.

I know they have stars and some handy additions off the bench (especially in comparison to years gone by) but I just don't see the one feature in their game that is the difference between winning and losing a seven game series.
They're starting 5 is solid and experienced together and I think Stotts is a great game time coach fwiw as well. But are they just a good solid team?

Thoughts basketball bretheren?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the starting 5 has claims to being the best in the league. When they get going very efficient the way they play. Still have issues, like most teams, with depth on the bench. Would back them in a series against Houston, Clippers and Dallas. Not to say these would be easy wins mind you.

I get the feeling that a team like Houston would be rated beneath the Blazers on this forum but personally I think the Rockets would handle Portland quite easily this year, in fact I think outside the Mavs and the Pels if they can sneak in at the death they would struggle against any other team in the west playoffs in a series.

I know they have stars and some handy additions off the bench (especially in comparison to years gone by) but I just don't see the one feature in their game that is the difference between winning and losing a seven game series.
They're starting 5 is solid and experienced together and I think Stotts is a great game time coach fwiw as well. But are they just a good solid team?

Tbh I think most people had Houston above Portland last season, at least the 'experts' did - then the Blazers did them over in the playoffs.

This season the Rockets are a different team - better defensively, but less raw firepower. Portland's only changed their bench, but they've actually undergone something of a metamorphosis this season - they're also less prolific offensively but much tougher defensively. They've held teams under 100 points 38 times already this season, and they're 31-7 when they do so.

Both teams have bolstered their benches during the season, particularly Houston, so both have scope for improvement thus. The Rockets haven't had Dwight healthy for a while so that figures to be something they have up their sleeve.

On the other hand Dwight tends to hinder their offence more than he helps it, at least this season. And Portland have plenty of room for improvement too - LMA, Lillard and Batum have all been shooting wonky for a couple of months now. That probably will even itself out.

Tl;dr - Houston have made some sneaky good moves post Parsons/Bosh, but people still tend to doubt Portland a little too much IMO.

Lopez is such an important player for us as shown by our 27-9 record with him in the lineup compared to 13-10 without. Having to start Kaman or Leonard really affected our bench, especially with Kaman being forced to play heavy minutes.

With AAA now it gives us a legit 6th man off the bench and also a great small ball lineup if we wanted it - Dame, Wes, AAA, Batooooom and LMA.

As for the playoffs: we arereally tough to beat at home which is great come playoff time. I think a lot will rely on how well we shoot the 3 ball in the post season. However unlike last year we have made signifcant strides defensively which means we hang around games a lot better; we have the most wins in the nba when trailing by over 10 during the game, so this side has some ticker.

I would probably prefer to face Dallas or maybe Houston. Clips cause us a lot of problems in the PnR, Memphis always seem to beat us

Wow, I cant believe the run GOATbrook is on

That dunk he did today where he ran the whole court and dunked it was legit something out of NBA 2K

Prediction time...

1) With the top 4 of the MVP currently appearing to be a lock (Curry, Harden, Westbrook and LeBron), who's your pick for the 5th spot?
2) Pick for the final two seeds in the East
3) Who wins the assist title (currently Paul and Wall tied at 10.1 and Lawson at 9.8)?
4) Do either the Warriors or Atlanta win 65 games? They would have to finish the season 18-5 and 17-5 respectively to get there)
5) Second seed in the East goes to Cavs, Toronto or Chicago?
6) Other than GSW who fills the other top 3 seeds in the West?

Prediction time...

1) With the top 4 of the MVP currently appearing to be a lock (Curry, Harden, Westbrook and LeBron), who's your pick for the 5th spot? M Gasol
2) Pick for the final two seeds in the East Indiana and Charlotte
3) Who wins the assist title (currently Paul and Wall tied at 10.1 and Lawson at 9.8)? Paul
4) Do either the Warriors or Atlanta win 65 games? They would have to finish the season 18-5 and 17-5 respectively to get there) Neither
5) Second seed in the East goes to Cavs, Toronto or Chicago? Cavs
6) Other than GSW who fills the other top 3 seeds in the West? Memphis, Portland and Houston

My answers fwiw

I really like them. I think they're a team built for the postseason. Matthews size is an underrated thing. He'd maul most opposing 2's if took them to the post, which the Blazers have used sparingly, but with great effect. Their players all have more than one strong to the bow. Just look at Lillard yesterday.

They'd comfortably take care of the Mavs who have no chance of getting past the first round in my opinion.

They are still integrating Afflalo, who is a real weapon and will be able to keep up with Harden on the defensive end in a series against the Rockets.

They are I'm sync with each other and know their identity. I would have them in the 2nd round.

Back