WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP sent a tweet alluding to WWE training being abusive but Luke Gallows also sent a tweet saying Demott was a great teacher. Seems to have wrestlers pretty divded on the issue.

It wouldn't suprise me if wrestlers have a skewed perspective of what 'abuse' is. Edge said on Jericho's podcast that his first day at WWE his face was deliberately smashed into the ground by a trainer (can't remember who) to see if he would complain or keep going. While on face value that would seem like a form of abuse you also need to take into consideration that a very real part of the business is taking a legitemiately hard hit and still stay in character and continue with the performace so you could see why this sort of thing would happen.

Hardcore Holly on tough enough was a big incident at the time and on some levels it can be seen as abusive, but there is no doubt wrestling training does need to sometimes walk a fine line in order to make sure the performers are ready for the rigours of the real thing.

And just so nobody misunderstands me, I've read the memo and I don't consider any of the examples given as 'nessesary' for wrestling training, I just think some wrestlers may have a skewed perception because the rigours of wrestling training does border along what people in any other sporting proffession would consider abuse.

personally going out/seeing them/flying them in to shows.

There was a bloke in Tasmania that he did this for a couple of times. IIRC he even devoted a whole podcast to interviewing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quoting for prosperity. That was amazeballs.

Sad that it was pretty close to the truth that you almost dont laugh watching it.

The problem isn't really with all the trainers and training in developmental. The guys like Billy Gunn, Norman Smiley, Dusty Rhodes, Skinner, Regal, Perry Saturn and Ricky Steamboat have all been loved as trainers. It seems that people only have a problem with Bill DeMott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back