Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At their best, the

Seriously people, if you think this is good music then....well I don't know! This was them in their prime!
Awful variety act.

Picking one of their good songs too mainstream, and doesn't suit your argument?

Seriously, I love KISS, and have never heard that before.

More like

Last edited:
How about we get a international act who is still relevant.

How do you define relevance?

Vanilla Ice was relevant once.

Milli Vanilli was relevant once.

Guy Sebastion was rel... ok, that's too far. Reality show contestants are never relevant.

What's "relevant" may be looked back on like Angry Anderson in the batmobile.

I'm not peeved that we lost Newton, he would never crack our midfield. But I am peeved we lost him for nix. These are the years that our depth will force players to seek better opportunities, so we gotta maximise that at every stop and build a legacy. We should have at least gotten a pick in 40's for him. And I think he is an ass for allowing it to happen. We stuck with him through his broken down days

Last edited:

How do you define relevance?

Vanilla Ice was relevant once.

Milli Vanilli was relevant once.

Guy Sebastion was rel... ok, that's too far. Reality show contestants are never relevant.

What's "relevant" may be looked back on like Angry Anderson in the batmobile.
Was GWS ever relevant? :)

Freo won but injuries to Duffield, Mundy and Barlow. Duffield could be serious, no real word on the others. For Melbourne Lumumba looked good and so did Newton before he was subbed out with a cut head. Jesse Hogan, Nathan Jones and Dom Tyson did OK as well. Hill, Tabener and Neale for Freo got a good bit of the ball.
Interesting tactics from Freo to go three tall forwards. That's fine in NAB, but they already got run over by us in the semi-final, taking a rotation out in the real stuff would be a high risk strategy. I hope they persist with it, IMO shifts the odds for round 1 in our favour if they do.

I'm all for bagging Essendon, but LOL. Now our first round pick + Newton would have been fair, but would Newton have wanted to go there?
It's a fair trade. We don't know how long until we can play Paddy, that shortens his value massively.

We were about as relevant as they were back then. We're now a powerhouse, and they're still going nowhere fast - I'll be disappointed if we lose to them any time soon!!!

Is that so? They've made some pretty significant improvements over the past year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that so? They've made some pretty significant improvements over the past year.
Well we'll find out soon enough - I still reckon the Giants are a team we should account for pretty comfortably over the next couple of years.

Well we'll find out soon enough - I still reckon the Giants are a team we should account for pretty comfortably over the next couple of years.
Next couple of years sure, they went with more youth than GC so taking longer to be competitive, but they improved last year and will again this year. Won't be near the 8, but 50/50 to get out of the bottom 4.

Next couple of years sure, they went with more youth than GC so taking longer to be competitive, but they improved last year and will again this year. Won't be near the 8, but 50/50 to get out of the bottom 4.
I have to disagree here, they will be pushing towards the lower half of the 8 this year. I don't think they will make it, but they will only be a couple of games short.

They have Cameron back fit, they have recruited Griffen in the middle and Patful down back. That is some great experience to add to a youthful list. The young kids are all around that 22-23 mark now and are ready to fire. I would not be taking them lightly at all this year, whoever does will quickly get dismantled.

I have to disagree here, they will be pushing towards the lower half of the 8 this year. I don't think they will make it, but they will only be a couple of games short.

They have Cameron back fit, they have recruited Griffen in the middle and Patful down back. That is some great experience to add to a youthful list. The young kids are all around that 22-23 mark now and are ready to fire. I would not be taking them lightly at all this year, whoever does will quickly get dismantled.

Yeah...but their coach.....;)

Anyone who takes anyone lightly will quickly get dismantled. That's what happened to the Crows v Melbourne.

The reason why GWS won't do anything is because all their kids just expect it to happen. They are growing in age and games played, but they're not growing up as players because there isn't an older brigade to learn from and try to supplant.

Really don't know but on AA yesterday talking with Caro they both agreed with a guilty plea and backdated time the players could be back by rd 6.
View attachment 114080

Reckon this is the most likely outcome. Hird's career destroyed would be a bonus.

Has anyone noticed that the level of interest in the Essendon saga is greatly magnified on the Adelaide board for some reason which I cant quite put my finger on.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the level of interest in the Essendon saga is greatly magnified on the Adelaide for some reason which I cant quite put my finger on.

harrysecombe6_396x222.jpg

What what what???

Reckon this is the most likely outcome. Hird's career destroyed would be a bonus.

Has anyone noticed that the level of interest in the Essendon saga is greatly magnified on the Adelaide for some reason which I cant quite put my finger on.
Hahaha yeah, would love to see the melts on there if Ryder and Monfries are back by that time (try to resist lurker liking).:D
The other thing I reckon is I wouldn't be surprised if some of them sent scathing emails to ASADA.

Re-signing Davis and Cameron suggests they're on their way now. If Leon Cameron doesn't cut it as a coach though, the AFL will just buy them another one. Paul Roos might still be remembered by some NSWaliens.

Vossy after a year here could be first choice prehaps? Just a suspicion the AFL love Ken and would hope a little rubs off.

*With Buckley being our next assistant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back