Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert Ross

Premiership Player
Nov 24, 2012
Portland, Victoria
AFL Club
GWS
If you are NOT a 2012 player and you play, you must play for the A team in Morwell.

If you ARE a 2012 player and you play, you can play in the B team in the 'training session' against Williamstown.

If you ARE NOT an 2012 player, you can not rip off St Kilda, the Morwell public, Fox Sports and anyone else by choosing to play at Windy Hill tonight instead of Morwell tomorrow.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
If you are NOT a 2012 player and you play, you must play for the A team in Morwell.

If you ARE a 2012 player and you play, you can play in the B team in the 'training session' against Williamstown.

If you ARE NOT an 2012 player, you can not rip off St Kilda, the Morwell public, Fox Sports and anyone else by choosing to play at Windy Hill tonight instead of Morwell tomorrow.

Would find it Hilarious if ASADA proposed to the tribunal it was a VFL Practise match and the provisional suspension starts from that date

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
https://archive.org/details/WarIsARacket
AFL Club
Fremantle
THE AFL has banned Essendon players - apart from the club's 2012 list - from taking part in so-called 'competitive training drills' against VFL club Williamstown on Friday.

There had been speculation the Bombers were planning an unofficial practice match against the Seagulls, fielding their planned team for the opening round of the premiership season, while sending a second-tier team, including its top-up players to Morwell for the NAB Challenge.

But after discussions with the club, the AFL insists it will not be a practice match, and only players from the 2012 list can be involved – ruling out the likes of Brendon Goddard.

"We've made it very, very clear for the players who weren't at Essendon in 2012, they can't participate in that activity," the League's football operations manager Mark Evans told AFL.com.au's First Bounce show.

"It wasn't agreed to under those principles. We would have thought if Brendon Goddard was to play any competitive football, then that would be in Morwell," Evans said.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-06/dons-banned-from-drills

So let me get this straight. They can't play against St Kilda because if they are under Provisional suspension, their backdating penalty will be affected. But they CAN play against Williamstown. WT actual F? o_O And does this not then compromise their anonymity?

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
So let me get this straight. They can't play against St Kilda because if they are under Provisional suspension, their backdating penalty will be affected. But they CAN play against Williamstown. WT actual F? o_O And does this not then compromise their anonymity?
Cop out. A practice match by any other name is still a practice match

onemancyclone

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
WADA
I think the most pressing question is.... where the hell is Morwell? :p
As a kid growing up in western suburbs Adelaide I always drove home from school down manton street. The old school hindmarsh stadium had the white backlit cinema style sign advertising the next NSL fixture. Sometimes it'd be West adelaide v Morwell, or Adelaide City v Morwell. As a 10 year old I'd ask myself - where the * is Morwell?

Still have NFI too. :thumbsu:

Sep 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Foxtel has paid for the right to broadcast the game. Morwell patrons are paying to watch AFL footballers.

Essendon has no respect for anyone. Pathetic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 5

CountryRace

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Oct 25, 2014
https://archive.org/details/WarIsARacket
AFL Club
Fremantle

you call it 'competitive training' and bobs your uncle

Apr 12, 2011
Yarraville
AFL Club
Sydney
As a kid growing up in western suburbs Adelaide I always drove home from school down manton street. The old school hindmarsh stadium had the white backlit cinema style sign advertising the next NSL fixture. Sometimes it'd be West adelaide v Morwell, or Adelaide City v Morwell. As a 10 year old I'd ask myself - where the **** is Morwell?

Still have NFI too. :thumbsu:

:eek:

mysainters

Cancelled
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013
May 22, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Common sense prevails.

Surely essendon fans must be able to admit it was a silly move.

I'd want my club to pull its head in, no special allowances, play by the rules.

Good show of strength by the AFL, hope BJ plays, fans out there deserves good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back