Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing I reckon is I wouldn't be surprised if some of them sent scathing emails to ASADA.

Don't be. A week or so ago one of them (Adelaide board) was talking about emailing Vauxhall..(who sponsor LFC) telling them to make sure the Liverpool team don't go wearing any port gear because we're sponsored by Renault...their competitors. With the aim of preventing Burgo from getting Liverpool FC on side with us for showdown 2.

Quite a few seemed to like the idea too IIRC. The whole thing oozed fear.

Stupid comment. Travis Boak, Ollie Wines or Robbie Gray wouldn't catch Stephen Hill in a footrace either.

That is not the point. His effort in the chase confirmed to me what I already knew. Our team would not miss him one bit.

Don't be. A week or so ago one of them (Adelaide board) was talking about emailing Vauxhall..(who sponsor LFC) telling them to make sure the Liverpool team don't go wearing any port gear because we're sponsored by Renault...their competitors. With the aim of preventing Burgo from getting Liverpool FC on side with us for showdown 2.

Gutless bunch of sock knitters. I hate them with a passion.

So we get them back after our hard start and everyone who plays Essendon prior to that, including our two biggest rivals gets an easy win and massive percentage boost. If they cop any games then those matches should be scrubbed from the books. Hawks, Swans etc. should be considered to have played 21 games and finals spots is determined off percentage of games won, not the strict number.

The whole thing of treating all the players the same grates me though. IMO the leadership group from 2012 should cop a harder whack than the rest of the players. They are meant to be the ones setting the standard. And more importantly the conduit between the playing group and the coaches / other staff. There should be a higher burden on them to validate everything is above board and relay to the other players, rather than in a team sport all 34 players that are getting the same program having to validate individually.

For me a fair penalty would be backdating the other players to not miss games and the leadership group cop 12 months, backdated to when the show clauses were delivered - i.e. they'd be out of 2015. Along with obviously Hird sent to the cleaners.

Look the percentage that hawks and swans will gain sucks balls massively...but TBH if it wasn't for EFC ****ing up we wouldn't have Ryder in our team...infact you could argue that we are one of the few teams that have benefited from this (not that I'm glad it all happened coz I'm not)

So we get them back after our hard start and everyone who plays Essendon prior to that, including our two biggest rivals gets an easy win and massive percentage boost. If they cop any games then those matches should be scrubbed from the books. Hawks, Swans etc. should be considered to have played 21 games and finals spots is determined off percentage of games won, not the strict number.
My thoughts are also that every team that plays them once gets the automatic 4 pts no matter which players are playing and the result of the game and in the second half of the year if all the players are back then games where the double up happens will be played like normal.

WOW! Wrinkles Cornes has said on AA tonight that Dangerfield's manager has indicated that he won't be hanging around and that privately the Crows have accepted it.
hahahaha-hahahahaha-pl-ffffff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW! Wrinkles Cornes has said on AA tonight that Dangerfield's manager has indicated that he won't be hanging around and that privately the Crows have accepted it.
This would gladden the cockles of my heart, not to mention giving me a rise in the heart of my cockles...except...the source is Graham Cornes. On 5AA.
If he said that about Boak or Trengove he would be summarily dismissed.

This would gladden the cockles of my heart, not to mention giving me a rise in the heart of my cockles...except...the source is Graham Cornes. On 5AA.
That's true but in this case he seems to be adamant that he has spoken to Crows insiders and is relaying their feelings.

That's because he isn't an ex coach and current ambassador of Port.

That's true but in this case he seems to be adamant that he has spoken to Crows insiders and is relaying their feelings.

Leak central. first thing KT did was slaughter all those who leak information. unprofessional lot down there.

i wouldn't be cheering. the best outcome for us would be him staying. this way the crows will get a very nice pick for losing him, salary cap release and also take a step to fixing their god awful culture.

images.jpg

I'll bet most of their supporters owned a Vauxhall at some stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back