So much for Solidarity, Essendon - Barrett AFL Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the reason those 6 have been barred from playing in our praccy game is because they could have played NAB Cup instead.

How could Joe have played NAB Cup if he has an infraction notice?
The question actually should be - if those guys were well enough to play in a practice match against Williamstown, why the * weren't they named to play against St Kilda? The AFL gave Essendon special dispensation to allow top up players to play for NAB cup... when in fact they had six guys (who didn't play in 2012) right and ready to go but now not playing anywhere. It's just an absolute bloody farce.

BlueWorld

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
But the reason those 6 have been barred from playing in our praccy game is because they could have played NAB Cup instead.

How could Joe have played NAB Cup if he has an infraction notice?
Exactly. Why is he playing in this match instead of the NAB? Suspicions remain.

Bongo Drum

Premium Gold
Aug 27, 2011
down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Carlton
They pay him to write for the website, its the same difference. Perhaps he was directed to write something angry about the recent EFC NAB vs simulation game and to make sure he inserts Hird and Little into the story in a negative way.

Though given he had a dig a the Polo Player he might be writing for someone else soon, though does anyone believe the Editor just let that one slip through or does it add to the "credibility" that he is an independent voice?

Been many afl.com.au articles in the past that have been critical of the AFL and the AFL administrators - not just this one. Barrett will not be losing his job for criticising Gil in this article.

Bottom line - he is not an official AFL mouthpiece. He's writing about his own personal opinion, not the AFL's.

They normally include this disclaimer in their articles (not sure why it's not in this one):
The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
hahahahahaha oh this great. You couldn't make it up.

The reason Daniher can't play in the scratch match is because he is actually eligible for the NAB challenge match, and for you that is proof that he might not be eligible for the NAB challenge match. That kind of logic is like an M C Escher painting

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
lol.

Those 6 aren't allowed to play BECAUSE they could've played NAB. If Joe has an infraction notice, he couldn't play NAB, and thus would be allowed to play in the praccy match along with every other infracted player.

Just a wild guess I know, but maybe we didn't want to risk one of our most important players who could be a bit lame at the moment on a foreign surface in Morwell against AFL players in round 1 of the Mickey Mouse Cup? Maybe we would've preferred Joe to play 10-15 mins (if that) with his real teammates on home soil in a more relaxed match environment where we aren't obligated to make subs/follow 20 min quarter rules and can change the team how we see fit? Just a guess.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
Sure, let's call a journalist a flog for signing a football. Don't worry about admonishing your own club for a systematic drug culture that has embarrassed the game and potentially harmed 34 young men.

Hmmmm. Well my club hasn't done anything like that but........He's still a flog!

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
He made an article pointing out how Essendon have said one completely open ended thing after another in the media to make themselves look good and then done a 180 in the background, this is just the latest in a long history of bullshit, lies and deceit by the Essendon FC and they deserve all the hammerings they get for it.
This is exactly what i think he was saying.
When are you going to make things clear Essendon/Hird?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
hahahahahaha oh this great. You couldn't make it up.

The reason Daniher can't play in the scratch match is because he is actually eligible for the NAB challenge match, and for you that is proof that he might not be eligible for the NAB challenge match. That kind of logic is like an M C Escher painting

The reason Joe cannot play is because he is not a 2012 listed player . He may well be available for the NAB cup game but I am still not 100 % convinced.

Cunctipotent

Senior List
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

5:15

You're welcome.

Hirdy didn't want to give Purple the scoop so he cracked the shits. Damo has been harbouring this grudge for quite some time.

And here we are today... and Damo finally gets his revenge for a lie Hird made (wow there's a history of lying there) unrelated to the Essendon drug program and subsequent Essendon circus. You're connecting that previous information from 2010 to an idea around harbouring resent in 2015?

Maybe Barrett is tired of the Bombers currently being jerkoffs (in relation to drug cheating) as opposed to historically being jerkoffs (in relation to being standard jerkoffs)...?

Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
just another twisted day in this new world of afl...thanks to essendon...and the season hasnt even well and truly started yet!
a week or two back they're telling us the 2012 listed players wouldnt play nab...they're all in it together etc etc...fluff fluff....wank wank
then today we're told by his almighty they wanted them to play...we're happy for them to play....ummm does any of you essendon supporters see whats going on here?
and the hirdites are scratching their collective numbskulls as to why we're frustrated and had enough of their crap!
this is nothing new from tullamarine may i add.
i seriously hope this is all done before the first official bounce for 2015... cant wait for us all to be able to breathe some clear air and get on with the game.

plaudites (from the hirdites) to the rubber necked goose who wrote this opinion from bomberland - http://www.theage.com.au/comment/james-hirds-essendon-story-has-yet-to-be-told-20150303-13sa71.html
yet they have the nerve to have a crack at barrett for his opinions....see how far it doesnt get ya! i know i know...depends on which way you want to take the article.
whilst some parts of his article i agree with...some i dont care for.
what some of these journos are writing i can tell their biting their tongues...
i'll put $$ on it that there will be another s**t stir article come out over the next few days.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
And here we are today... and Damo finally gets his revenge for a lie Hird made (wow there's a history of lying there) unrelated to the Essendon drug program and subsequent Essendon circus. You're connecting that previous information from 2010 to an idea around harbouring resent in 2015?

Maybe Barrett is tired of the Bombers currently being jerkoffs (in relation to drug cheating) as opposed to historically being jerkoffs (in relation to being standard jerkoffs)...?
"I'm not going to bother going to the other side with people who have lied. Next time I hear something with James Hird I'm just going to go with it."

This is the unbiased, factual and fair AFL.com's lead journalist everybody.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
The reason Joe cannot play is because he is not a 2012 listed player . He may well be available for the NAB cup game but I am still not 100 % convinced.
the reason the players aren't allowed to play is because the AFL believe that if they are eligible to play in the NAB challenge then they shouldn't blow that off to play in the training match. All of the infracted players were on the list in 2012. That's the whole point of saying the non 2012 listed players can't play the practice match.

It seems a remarkable contortion to somehow believe that can mean that he's got an infraction. You're saying that the AFL have told Daniher that even though he is ineligible to play in the NAB match he also isn't allowed to play in the training match either. Really?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
In fairness it would be hard to name anyone who has commented on this saga that isn't compromised or biased in some way.
Further, anyone who comments whatsoever, including here, is automatically assumed by all with an opposing stance to be compromised, biased or trolling.

I'm not compromised. The voices in my head controlled by Fidel Castro that tell me what to think aren't on anyone's payroll.

Armchair Critic

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
the reason the players aren't allowed to play is because the AFL believe that if they are eligible to play in the NAB challenge then they shouldn't blow that off to play in the training match. All of the infracted players were on the list in 2012. That's the whole point of saying the non 2012 listed players can't play the practice match.

It seems a remarkable contortion to somehow believe that can mean that he's got an infraction. You're saying that the AFL have told Daniher that even though he is ineligible to play in the NAB match he also isn't allowed to play in the training match either. Really?

Until I see him play I will not be 100% convinced either way which I think is a fair enough position to take. I don't trust the AFL or Essendon.

scalesofjustice

All Australian
Mar 6, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sure, let's call a journalist a flog for signing a football. Don't worry about admonishing your own club for a systematic drug culture that has embarrassed the game and potentially harmed 34 young men.

Thats all EFC supporters can do. Deflect, deflect , deflect.

Damian Barrett might be a muppet but he has more brains and ethics than Hird and every one of his sad little worshippers put together.

Great article by the way.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
just another twisted day in this new world of afl...thanks to essendon...and the season hasnt even well and truly started yet!
a week or two back they're telling us the 2012 listed players wouldnt play nab...they're all in it together etc etc...fluff fluff....wank wank
then today we're told by his almighty they wanted them to play...we're happy for them to play....ummm does any of you essendon supporters see whats going on here?
and the hirdites are scratching their collective numbskulls as to why we're frustrated and had enough of their crap!
this is nothing new from tullamarine may i add.
i seriously hope this is all done before the first official bounce for 2015... cant wait for us all to be able to breathe some clear air and get on with the game.

plaudites (from the hirdites) to the rubber necked goose who wrote this opinion from bomberland - http://www.theage.com.au/comment/james-hirds-essendon-story-has-yet-to-be-told-20150303-13sa71.html
yet they have the nerve to have a crack at barrett for his opinions....see how far it doesnt get ya! i know i know...depends on which way you want to take the article.
whilst some parts of his article i agree with...some i dont care for.
what some of these journos are writing i can tell their biting their tongues...
i'll put $$ on it that there will be another s**t stir article come out over the next few days.

phwoar that's a powa spew

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
What a f******* knob jockey

Maybe he could set himself a personal development challenge and write a sensible article on this case. Think of the novelty value.....

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm having no trouble picturing Robbo doing the exact same thing. Never thought I'd be defending Damien Barrett, but it's not like he's the only person in the footy media that has delusions that he's an A-lister. In fact, I think that is the number one problem with the AFL media: that too many of them think they're the stars of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back