Game Day NAB Challenge 1 Dockers VS Dees - Freo Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if Tabs' preseason started in the middle of October, he would have had to have run over 1400 ks a day for that stat to be true
This is the kind of dedication that I expect all our players to bring to the table in the pre-season. Sylvia should take note

Kenny_01 nailed his players evaluations (above) IMO. Sutcliffe was exceptional in an attacking role of half back and I certainly thought his kicking was generally excellent.

I love what Ross said about Hill after the game.

Hill had a really strong pre-season, he was strong in the indigenous game and strong again today, how have you rated him over the summer?

He came in the top three in our best and fairest, he’s elevated himself but that’s the expectation. He is delivering on what he wants to and what we want to. He is becoming a real leader here, more vocal, he is an absolute professional and he’s committed to us. He spent time at half-back, he’ll get tagged a little bit heavier but he’s worked through that. We’re thrilled with his summer.

Who was the player RTB was talking about halfway through the presser when he said something like "he's really improved his game the last few years and developed into the player he should have been... and he needed to." I couldn't make out who the journo was asking about.

(I might be a bit off with the quote, I'm going off memory from last night since the stupid AFL video player won't let you just skip to a spot you want)

Who was the player RTB was talking about halfway through the presser when he said something like "he's really improved his game the last few years and developed into the player he should have been... and he needed to." I couldn't make out who the journo was asking about.

(I might be a bit off with the quote, I'm going off memory from last night since the stupid AFL video player won't let you just skip to a spot you want)

duffield

Suban

Am I the only one who thought Sutcliffe's kicking was average at best last night? He defended really well and we already know hes a good player, but I don't get how people are saying he was impressive last night, he missed most of his targets by foot.

He fluffed up 2 kicks, one that hit the post and the one he kicked about 3 metres. Other than that, it was excellent. He ran fast and kicked penetrating balls to players on the spread or players on the lead.

The kick that was marked by an opposition player (I have forgotten which player it was) in the first quarter wasn't his fault. It held up a bit on the breeze and Sheridan should have attacked the ball and run through the Melbourne player however he held up (maybe being a preseason game) and the opposition player marked it running back with the flight of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stone was head hunted by Lyon. I just assume he is doing exactly what Lyon wants. Winning clearances is part of the midfield strategy, not all of it.

Are you trying to tell me that you are happy with the quality of our clearances as well as the quantity .
The quality clearances yesterday were by Melbourne
Our boys were putting in great effort ,don't get me wrong on that count but we had to fight tooth and nail to get it out of the centre square .
Melbourne on the other hand looked like a well oiled machine when they got the first touch of the ball . Our first touch ended up being a hand pass to a player FLATFOOTED AND MANDED UP .
I know that once Fyfe , Crowley and Daniel Pearce are in the team that this will improve but the second stringers will have too improve for us to go all the way.

Are you trying to tell me that you are happy with the quality of our clearances as well as the quantity .
The quality clearances yesterday were by Melbourne
Our boys were putting in great effort ,don't get me wrong on that count but we had to fight tooth and nail to get it out of the centre square .
Melbourne on the other hand looked like a well oiled machine when they got the first touch of the ball . Our first touch ended up being a hand pass to a player FLATFOOTED AND MANDED UP .
I know that once Fyfe , Crowley and Daniel Pearce are in the team that this will improve but the second stringers will have too improve for us to go all the way.
If those stats on footywire are correct then I am very happy. How do you read those stats? Why would you be happy with Fyfe, Pearce and Crowley back; they are part of the crew you accused of getting beaten "week in week out". And as I said, a game plan is not simply about winning the clearances.

I think in the pre season Lyon tries all sorts of things to see how the structures hold up. Would be stunned if he added "must sack Stone" to his to do list after that game though.

He fluffed up 2 kicks, one that hit the post and the one he kicked about 3 metres. Other than that, it was excellent. He ran fast and kicked penetrating balls to players on the spread or players on the lead.

The kick that was marked by an opposition player (I have forgotten which player it was) in the first quarter wasn't his fault. It held up a bit on the breeze and Sheridan should have attacked the ball and run through the Melbourne player however he held up (maybe being a preseason game) and the opposition player marked it running back with the flight of the ball.

I reckon you're thinking of Suban. Sheridan was front and center but not really in a position to go for the mark.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/video/2015-03-05/nab-highlights-v-melbourne
first highlight

I wasn't really impressed by our performance yesterday but it's only pre season. Who knows what the game plan was for the game and whether we were trying new things.

Really not fussed with the results and/or the performance of some players. Some of the reactions on here are over the top

Come round 1, I'm sure we will be a force

I certainly hope that we tag S Hill when we play you guys
he looks ready to explode in terms of stardom in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back