Review NAB Challenge Game 2 - Brisbane Lions def. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Is D Beams alright? Haven't seen him this quarter.

I know it was just pre-season, but Sydney were utter garbage. I'd be a little concerned for the opening part of the season if I was a Swans fan. That said, a poor start didn't hurt them last year.

I know it was just pre-season, but Sydney were utter garbage. I'd be a little concerned for the opening part of the season if I was a Swans fan. That said, a poor start didn't hurt them last year.

Sydney have never cared about NAB historically. This was their first hit out. They were awful in the NAB last year and the first few rounds of the proper season. Probably will be the same this year and make the Grand Final again.

Pre-season mean jack when it comes to the proper season. Remember when we won the Nab Cup and everyone expected us to play finals but we didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the hitout - great to watch it when we had it in our possession.

Was worried about Taylor briefly, but he's a tough kid.

Man, even with low draft picks, we've picked some good ones.

Couple of things from tonight
. Leuy working his way back into the game after along injury lay off
. Rich defensive game was very good, got to multiply contests, very competitive in chasing the ball in the open. IMO much improved from previous years
. Papa better than Lester
. Dawson outside chance for round one?

Freo was rusty as well. Same goes for the Suns and Freo. All will most likely feature in September this year though...

Just gonna say a quiet thanks for the running commentary tonight guys, I'm in Mildura on a trip for a family wedding and haven't been able to establish dominance in the tv remote control here. Great to hear the win, I also understand rocky topped the disposals again and Aish a close second?

The boys are building nicely here. Don't worry about Sydney and who they did and didn't have. We are developing good habits and winning ones at that! Systems and confidence in each other will help us hit the season running. The flat spot will come but with a better list and seasoned heads in the midfield we can respond when it hits and build the base for our 10 win season and lay foundations for 2016 knowing that the good times are coming again. Go Lions.

I think the telling point out of that game was our defensive pressure seemed organised and consistent. We rarely gave them an easy way out and when we did we had players running back hard to slow them down. They really only got a couple of easy goals where they used their ability to break fast on turnovers. If that two way running can be carried into the season we will be in more close games and might sneak a few wins that we weren't expected to.

After watching tonight, here is your best 22 for round one, lock it in!!!

Gardiner Merrett Lester
Beams Clarke Rich
Adcock Redden Bewick
Zorko Close Robinson
Green McStay Taylor
Martin Rockliff Beams

Aish Leuenberger Mayes Paparone

Go Lions!!!

Redden has been poor last two weeks.

First games back after a decent stint off, give him a bit of a break. Was one of our most consistent mid-fielders before he broke his streak of 100+ consecutive games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back