No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see the Dees and Freo looking to improve on their scoring this year. :confused:
I've just tried to watch some of the game on Fox. Really ugly, ordinary, uninspiring stuff. Given the two coaches, that's not a surprise.

But still - it's just the nab cup, which in this case means crap football by rusty-skilled footballers.

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone know when the uses suspects return?
Mike shehans top 50?
Afl 360?
I know im desperate, but my jobs as boring as batshit and can't wait for afl to again saturate the news

I am tipping we keep a team scoreless this year.
Goal-less, maybe. Scoreless seems very improbable. Even back in the very early days where team strengths were very disproportionate and games were played in thick mud sloshes the weaker team still managed to kick a behind.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Goal-less, maybe. Scoreless seems very improbable. Even back in the very early days where team strengths were very disproportionate and games were played in thick mud sloshes the weaker team still managed to kick a behind.
Scoreless?
Goalless?
Serious?

I'd say without looking it up that it's never happened before and it will never happen

Some serious overrating going on!

Scoreless?
Goalless?
Serious?

I'd say without looking it up that it's never happened before and it will never happen

It's the offseason - let them dream

Scoreless?
Goalless?
Serious?

St Kilda once scored just a single behind for a game. That was way back though. Not really relevant in todays game.

I don't actually think we will keep a team scoreless or even goal-less this year. Though I do believe that if we have one of those really good days against a poor side having a shocking one then we could potentially keep them goal-less. We've done it before in recent years against many teams for a quarter or more. It's only sustained concentration and a bit of luck that will allow it to span another couple quarters.

JustKickIt

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've just tried to watch some of the game on Fox. Really ugly, ordinary, uninspiring stuff. Given the two coaches, that's not a surprise.

But still - it's just the nab cup, which in this case means crap football by rusty-skilled footballers.
Its only the $wans that are rusty, according to Gerrard

St Kilda once scored just a single behind for a game. That was way back though. Not really relevant in todays game.

I don't actually think we will keep a team scoreless or even goal-less this year. Though I do believe that if we have one of those really good days against a poor side having a shocking one then we could potentially keep them goal-less. We've done it before in recent years against many teams for a quarter or more. It's only sustained concentration and a bit of luck that will allow it to span another couple quarters.
Even on a really good day, it'd be fairly unrealistic. Even Melbourne never went goal-less for more than a half and they were (are) pretty s**t!

On another note, it's nice to see Brisbane smashing Sydney! (Yeh, I know, it's only NAB cup, but still ...) Particularly when you go to the AFL website, see the headline "Enter the Bloods" and then see the score.

Even on a really good day, it'd be fairly unrealistic. Even Melbourne never went goal-less for more than a half and they were (are) pretty s**t!

On another note, it's nice to see Brisbane smashing Sydney! (Yeh, I know, it's only NAB cup, but still ...) Particularly when you go to the AFL website, see the headline "Enter the Bloods" and then see the score.
I agree. Very unrealistic. But if there is a team that could pull it off it would be this Hawks team. Maybe against the Essendon top-ups in round 2 where we're still looking to bank wins and build some good percentage to allow us flexibility to rest players later.

And very good to see Sydney carrying their grand final form into the new year.

I agree. Very unrealistic. But if there is a team that could pull it off it would be this Hawks team. Maybe against the Essendon top-ups in round 2 where we're still looking to bank wins and build some good percentage to allow us flexibility to rest players later.
Actually, that's a good point. Might be a few teams in with a chance to hold them goal-less.

Gaston

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2014
in the outer with anticipation
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Clearly you weren't watching the same game as Ross Lyon, he claimed in his presser they were trying new things and he liked what he saw. Just remember the all important part, no matter the score, no matter the circumstances, they are creating a winning culture early in the season, which is always nice.

Clearly you weren't watching the same game as Ross Lyon, he claimed in his presser they were trying new things and he liked what he saw. Just remember the all important part, no matter the score, no matter the circumstances, they are creating a winning culture early in the season, which is always nice.
Obviously I wasn't drinking enough beer to like what I saw. No doubt after 25 to 30 schooners Fremantle's game style looks marvelous.

Yeah, all deduced from 1 NAB Challenge game/practice match. May have gone a little early with that call... Just putting it out there...

Need to lighten up - it's the stock standard response when favoured teams lose a NAB cup game. Just like those teams that do really well are now locked in as flag favourites.

On one hand they did have close to their best midfield in and looked quite out classed by Brisbane's mids. They also had shocking skills, turning it over and kicking it out of bounds a lot.

But on the other hand they were missing all their first string tall forwards. It's also their first NAB game and Brisbane's second. Historically I don't think they tend to look very good in the pre season games anyway.

That said it's always good to see the Swans lose any game.

So GWS give a million a year to Cameron? The big-money, long-term deals going to these kids are laughable. At least Cameron has had one good season to base it on unlike Boyd. It'll be interesting to see which club is the first to have a long term contract backfire badly, like a few did in the early 2000s.
Makes the Sydney offer to buddy reasonable in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back