Joe Daniher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no doubt a lot of people do hate Essendon and will be shattered if nothing eventuates.
I also think there are a lot who are just gobsmacked quite genuinely how many Essendon supporters stick staunch even amid what at times seems the most ridiculous situations.
I think that's what's blown me away the most even though I get it.
I think most opppsition fans truly believe that there is no way known they would cop this at their club, but whilst it's nice to think that I'm not really sure unless I was in their shoes.

I have been thinking about this for a few days so maybe someone can answer it for me. If Joe Daniher wasn't a listed AFL player is it even a possibility that he could get an IN for any actions in 2012 when he was unsigned and not officially an essendon player? Do ASADA rules govern school footy or was he playing u18's comp that it covers. This is a genuine question I am struggling to find an answer to.

I have been thinking about this for a few days so maybe someone can answer it for me. If Joe Daniher wasn't a listed AFL player is it even a possibility that he could get an IN for any actions in 2012 when he was unsigned and not officially an essendon player? Do ASADA rules govern school footy or was he playing u18's comp that it covers. This is a genuine question I am struggling to find an answer to.
http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Schedule 6 - National Anti-Doping Code.pdf

page 2.

I find it hard to believe this boy was subjected to god knows what...

However the lawyers will find it hard to prove his kids suffered damage due to the alleged programme given his old mans head :eek:

View attachment 114241
Dude, we have been doing Derp jokes before he was drafted.

Do try to keep up.

I've no doubt a lot of people do hate Essendon and will be shattered if nothing eventuates.
I also think there are a lot who are just gobsmacked quite genuinely how many Essendon supporters stick staunch even amid what at times seems the most ridiculous situations.
I think that's what's blown me away the most even though I get it.
I think most opppsition fans truly believe that there is no way known they would cop this at their club, but whilst it's nice to think that I'm not really sure unless I was in their shoes.

Most Blues supporters were "in their shoes" and we couldn't wait to oust those responsible from the Club as quickly as we could.

We realised we had stuffed up, copped our punishment and moved on, even though we knew it had put the club back a decade or more.

I have seen very little contrition from any Bomber supporters.

If he was apart of it at that time then Essendon would be in trouble, I don't what law but he was under 18.

In less then 36 hours a thread about a complete non-issue because Daniher didn't get a IN and wasn't part of the program has been whipped up into 22 pages and people on here try to say that:

A) They aren't obsessed
B) They don't have it in for Essendon they are just in it for the good of the game.

22 pages on a false issue guys.

Jesus.

Most Blues supporters were "in their shoes" and we couldn't wait to oust those responsible from the Club as quickly as we could.

We realised we had stuffed up, copped our punishment and moved on, even though we knew it had put the club back a decade or more.

I have seen very little contrition from any Bomber supporters.
Honest question.
If Carlton had been able to deny the claim,or get away with it by any means possible, would the club or the fans be so contrite?

In less then 36 hours a thread about a complete non-issue because Daniher didn't get a IN and wasn't part of the program has been whipped up into 22 pages and people on here try to say that:

A) They aren't obsessed
B) They don't have it in for Essendon they are just in it for the good of the game.

Jesus.

Of course they have it in for Essendon, they want them punished as hard as possible for the good of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question.
If Carlton had been able to deny the claim,or get away with it by any means possible, would the club or the fans be so contrite?

History will show that before filthy ron evans and spew smashed us to oblivion we had already voted out management for their failings. I certainly did!

But these * supporters o_O
They'll immortalise the culprits :p

Oh please.

Your club undertook a doping program with little regard for the welfare of their players, continually changing their story/lying and treating everyone else with utter contempt. And you wonder why people dislike them and want to see them burn? o_O

Wait for the verdict bloke.

That statement doesn't need to wait for the verdict. Each part of it has been proven. The only thing unproven at this stage is whether TB-4 was administered to the Essendon players being charged.
Doping program? Yep
Little regard for welfare of players? Absolutely.
Changing their story? Yep yep yep
Treating everyone else ( St Kilda, fans, etc) with utter contempt? Yep

People dislike them? Only sane rational people...
Want to see them burn? To a degree yes. Want to see them fairly punished. At last.

A) They aren't obsessed

Jesus.

I very much want to see Essendon brought to justice if the evidence suggests they have been guilty of doping, however I 100% agree with you on this sub-issue.

People are against you guys on this sub-issue because they're against you guys in general. That is wrong. It's generalisation. Logically, it's in the same basket as stereotyping or even discrimination. To some extent, I think most people view Essendon supporters as thinking the world is out to get them, and it's true, the world kind of is out to get them on every single little tiny thing...

That's why I don't concern myself with these little sub-topics of the actual issue. The actual issue, and the events that went on at Essendon, are worthy of condemnation. But Essendon supporters, club, players, and coaches simply don't seem to *get* that bigger issue. The perceived arrogance of this makes us hate the club even more. It's a vicious positively reinforcing cycle.

hiring practices is a cornerstone of governance.

Essendon's hiring practices is what kicked off this whole mess. I mean, we (opposition clubs) can all laugh and benefit from Essendon paying a rookie coach $1mil per season and needing to hire premiership coaches to assist, but when that all then leads to dank being hired and the biggest scandal in afl history I think the footy public has a collective interest in how Essendon conducts their hiring practices.

So I'm back to looking on with amusement at Essendon's employment choices (bomber exits while the suspended coach is kept on, sheedy coming back to the fold, and ask fishy about Neil Craig), but I still keep a cautious eye on it all because the fallout from bad hiring can be astronomical for the league.
Plus the payout for Matty Knights, the guy who built the list up.

I personally think he has an IN, just my gut feeling. Hope I am wrong though
I reckon there might be something in it: JD has an IN.
The fact EFC have been so OTT strong on hiding the id of the IN players seems to suggest there was something they want hidden bad.
And also the fact that Essendon have reneged on the solidarity principle thing at this particular time looks to me like a bit of media diversion... muddying the waters and a distracting story imo. Signs of a club in a bit of a panic. What a mess and a circus just to play a practice game.

Status
Not open for further replies.