Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bingo. Could also explain it being less attractive if the earlier years were lowish.
Agree. He will be 26/27 when he finishes the GWS contract and can then command another big 3/4 year contract. Our offer would have put him out of contract at 28/29 which isn't a great age for a big forward to be trying to seek another long term deal.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
I think the opposite. Every thread on Big Footy's main board that is about the Crows seems to be met with so much biased vitriol its disgusting. Almost all commentators seem to hate us and talk us down, every little thing done by the club is a sign Danger is gone, sacking a crap coach like Sando was supposedly a disaster by us, the Tippet fiasco which wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Judd deal or the stinky Scully deal was called as outright cheating...if it was just an SA thing then why isn't Port subject to this crap as well? There is a super hatred for the Crows and I don't know why. We have been extremely fair and always cop the shirt straw from the AFL and yet we're hated. WTF?

This really pisses me off. We offer Cameron a fortune and he turns us down to play in front of a handful of delusional supporters who'd rather be at the soccer and live in the hole that is Western Sydney!!!!. Why? despite all the hype we'll pump them by a hundred points again this year. Hope Cameron likes Talia giving him a lesson in football again.

This just feeds into the 'nobody wants to play for Adelaide' crap that the PAP smears and Vics roll out every chance they get. I'm farking sick of this crap. For the Sydney teams to have a salary cap advantage is an absolute joke. Clearly very few players would like to live in a great state like SA and would rather sit in traffic for hours and live in an overpopulated hole like Sydney and yet they get an advantage??!!! Why? The Swans had no problems getting Buddy and Tippett suddenly forgot where his home was. F*** Cola and f*** the AFL.

And for all the flogs that are using this as reason number 217 that Danger is gone then someone remind them that this deal was turned down months ago so it has no bearing. If anything its a sign he'll stay as we'll have more money than we otherwise would have.

woah128624170833122164.jpg

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/cr...ts-on-james-aish/story-fndv862c-1227251783361

"Reports of Adelaide offering the 21-year-old Cameron a mega seven-year, $7 million deal – such as that handed to former Giants forward Tom Boyd by the Western Bulldogs last season – are wrong."

Interesting reading.
Barrett on MMM said his mail on the contract offer was less than the 8m reported originally. But still a sizable offer.

Cordy on 5AA said the Crows was the largest offer.

...... keeping in mind that figures quoted are often the max a player could earn with all incentives, playing 22 games and finals.

Schulzycrow

Footy never ends.
Apr 18, 2010
Land of Procrastination
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NorwoodFC, Chic Bulls, Gldn State
I think Dangerfield's sister is probably gonna be pretty pissed you're naming her as a source.
Nah it wasn't his sister....was his mum...dad too. Geelong are going to offer dad a nice retainers fee for getting Patty to come back home.;)
Its going to be a long year...Rooch writing even more crappola than usual and every troll in the land dropping by to say hello.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Barrett on MMM said his mail on the contract offer was less than the 8m reported originally. But still a sizable offer.

Cordy on 5AA said the Crows was the largest offer.

...... keeping in mind that figures quoted are often the max a player could earn with all incentives, playing 22 games and finals.

Cordy is the Rucci of Syd

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Walsh said he had picked Walker because he embodied the team-first attitude he wanted from his Crows outfit. It was a surprise choice with most expecting that if Van Berlo did not continue as captain then one of Rory Sloane or Patrick Dangerfield would be next in line.

But the first-year Crows coach said he had been immediately impressed by Walker’s attitude and approach.

“I probably spoke to everyone at the club and there was probably only two people that the first thing they spoke about was `you have to fix this team up, we could be really good’,’’ Walsh said.

Walker was one of the two.

“That just resonated with me straight away.’’

Walsh said the first question from many others was “what do you think of me as a player”.

Wanna boof him!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...king-on-the-role/story-fnia3xzy-1227251829136

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 7, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cordy is the Rucci of Syd

and Barrett enough said.
Cordy was bursting his boiler with excitement on the 5AA interview. Not surprised if a touch of hyperbole slipped in. And we know Barrett is about 50-50 with his breaking stories.

But just maybe where the stories line up, we can get some picture.

On a side note. I have enjoyed Barrett's Essendon commentary on Essendon. He's one of the few who wasn't sucked in by Hird's Golden Boy image and doesn't make up excuses for the PED program.

noddy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 21, 2002
Land of the Big Red Cloud
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
/The Bays/Man U
PAP flog! Wow.. I have never and never will follow port u can have ur say as this is a open forum. But the insult of calling me a PAP supporter is the worst insult you could give.

You use the same s**t as a pap flog on the PA board who always has a family member or a mate who gives him the latest on all things Crows, grow up Phil.

Cordy was bursting his boiler with excitement on the 5AA interview. Not surprised if a touch of hyperbole slipped in. And we know Barrett is about 50-50 with his breaking stories.

But just maybe where the stories line up, we can get some picture.

On a side note. I have enjoyed Barrett's Essendon commentary on Essendon. He's one of the few who wasn't sucked in by Hird's Golden Boy image and doesn't make up excuses for the PED program.

I think most of the AFL universe bar Paul Little aren't sucked in by his bs.

Jack McKraken

All Australian
Jan 19, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just said that the Cameron offer must mean Danger is gone and he is led to believe Danger is in fact gone and has bought property in Geelong. Then Bicks pointed out the offer was beginning of last year and pulled him up on his mail because Cornes made it sound like he knew Danger was gone and he kind of back tracked and said well actually I think he's going. Then he asked Bicks if he'd put his house against Cornes' house on Danger staying or going. Bicks said he would, Cornes back tracked and changed the topic.
Yup- forgive paraphrasing, but cornesy basically said he understood Danger was gone and that he had informed the club he was going.

Bickley called him on it, and it changed to his opinion based on what he was hearing, and he may be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

Loved it when Bickley called his bluff. He's the only reason that show is bearable

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We all have an opinion on if Danger is staying or going. Personally I think he is gone, but wouldnt be shocked if he stayed. However if he does say he is going what do you expect/demand the club to do?
After they refused to entertain entering into any trade negotiations about him last year, when he was still in contract and the club had an upper hand, just letting him go for AFL compensation is unacceptable. If this happens I would demand heads roll in our list management dept. To hear Noble say recently that clubs will start to trade their players a year before they are out of contract to avoid getting screwed by FA compensation isnt good enough, especially when our club talked about learning a lesson with not trading Tippett to Brisbane.

1. I expect the club to match any FA offer
2. If he still wants to go force Geelong to the trade table where we get fair value.
3. Grow some balls at the trade table.

Gaining Aish is not going to excuse the loss of Danger. Danger currently is worth two or three Aishs.

To lose Danger would send a terrible message about our club, and must be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back