Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We did not physically show up to the Arena Kram to put it mildly.
WP had a glorified 2hr bruise free training session with Swans just not putting on any physical pressure whatsoever.
We were in fact lucky we were not playing the Eagles Reserves or Subi as we would have copped a 20+ goal hiding with the effort we put in yesterday.
It all started in the 1st qtr when we butchered about half a dozen easy scoring chances inside our forward 50 with inexcusable skill execution & decision making & then lacked any accountability when the ball was turned over allowing WP to run the ball in waves through the corridor with absolutely no opposition.
And then you had the almost unbelievable incident of there being no Swans wingman on the outer side after a centre bounce allowing Kerr to recieve the resultant clearance & just waltz the ball inside the WP forward 50 with no Swans player in sight for yet another WP goal. :mad:
We are deadset lucky WP were more intent on just playing keepy's off us for a lot of the game and racking up big stats numbers as it should have been even bigger than a 56 point loss.
The centre square set up needs to be seriously looked at as we are getting absolutely destroyed in there, along with a lack of accountability & also poor skill execution by both hand & foot with us having almost as many handballs as kicks a game of late. :confused:
And dont get me started on our orange 'mate' Worobec who has quite extraordinary paid us only 1 free kick in the last 240 minutes of football he has umpired us.
Some of the simple decisions he missed yesterday Stevie Wonder would seriously not have missed!! this joker gets players frustrated weekly with his inept job of whistle blowing thus causing agro on the park & off but no doubt under the direction of Sinclair this buffoon will still be somehow umpiring League footy next week instead of being sent to Widgiemooltha were he should be permanently umpiring. o_O
Next week we have the Eagles Reserves in Bunbury & if we put up the lack of effort we did yesterday this could get ugly!!

Last edited:
Yep, can't add much more than Spearhead. I have deadest been filthy for the past 24 hours....:straining:

I discuss with another guy at the ground, and both of us have been watching Swans for about 30 years and we cannot remember a more tame and limp wristed effort in those times. And we had some dreadful years of watching Swans through the late 80s, 90s and early noughties...
Worobec was actually lucky he umpired with McGaw, who made him look semi-competent. o_O

I was hoping after last week's dismal performance and with a few changes at the selection table this week we might be able to take it up to the Eagles Reserves and we did for large parts of the game but once again our skill execution really came back to hurt us especially on the rebound.
We need to rediscover our desperation, hard tackling, hard running footy from early in the season if we are to challenge sides like the Eagles Reserves in the finals and just as importantly our skill execution and decision making.
Next week we have another tough assignment as we play SF at Steel Blue Basso Oval & they have been very impressive in the last month or so.

Well, another very ugly performance. Putting your finger on what has happened is the difficult part.

I'll dwell on some small positives, in that it looks like we are developing some depth. The guys coming in, Broad, Hughes, Smirke, were OK. Broad could be so much better, needs to get his head around that fact. They didn't look out of their depth.

Well, the trip to Shark park is not looking so appealing now. :(

Once again our skill execution & decision making was abysmal whilst SF's was very good. To be honest we look shot, we look tired, we look slow and on top of our poor skill level is making us look like a bottom side rather than a team fighting for 3rd spot on the ladder. Time to bring Rudy in and play him in the centre square where his big body, pace & foot skills can be put to good use instead of being stuck in a pocket. Next week is EF at Shark Park and if we continue down the same path as the last 2 months or so it could get ugly on the scoreboard.

With our penchant for running sides into good form of late Harding should organise an intraclub scratch match for next weekend!! :cool:

OK, are we confident for this weekend's game? Got to say I am not but I will enjoy the arvo at Shark Park anyway!

Very disappointing end to the season after a gallant first 3 qtrs effort against the red hot favourites at full strength on their own dungheap. Giving up 9 goals in the last qtr into a howling gale isn't going to win you a pre season scratch match let alone a cut throat 1st Semi Final but the long season had told on our boys who could barely lift a leg in the last qtr. Losing Ames & Boekhorst late in the season didnt help our chances on top of the likes of Notte, the Blakely boys, Simmo, Davo, Jetts, Faulky all having to manage niggly injuries over the last month or so and in the end they all came home to roost against us Old Easts finished the game out better & kicked a lot straighter at goal taking their chances unlike us. And we were not helped by our bald little whistle happy "friend" Worobec who had his usual display of ineptness. How that clown is umpiring League Footy still has me stumped and probably says a lot about his "mentors" Sinclair & Parker who are/were as equally incompetent.
Not all doom & gloom tho as we had a vastly more inexperienced side compared to EF yesterday with the likes of Hughes, Grescos, Manton, Smirk et al having only played a handful of games between them and we did give a lot of cheek not just for 3 qtrs yesterday but especially for the first 2/3rds of the season. We have some good kids coming thru which can only hold us in good stead for the future.
And finally well done to our Colts team who won the 2nd Semi to advance to the GF after a hard fought win against the perennial Colts finalists Claremont.
Get on down to Subi Oval to support the boys in the GF & then leave en masse well before the Eagles Reserves Team claim yet another undeserved tainted flag!

Firstly, great effort by the colts boys, well done and we'll see you in the GF. Hopefully Sowfs can beat the Tiggers because I reckon we match up better against them.

Unfortunately in the league we were let down by the senior players, IMO, not just this game but also the last third of the season. In that last quarter, guys like Riggio, Rogers, Swoop should have been getting their hands on the ball in the middle and stopping the Sharks midfielders just waltzing away with the ball. It should have been scrap and kill the contest at all costs, led by the seniors. Instead they slipped and fell over and just stayed on their haunches while the opponent ran away with the ball.

I said at the beginning of the season we were a midfielder or 2 down and I reckon we are, but some good kids coming through colts may help this.

Thanks for the season though boys, it was a wild ride.

The indiscipline by the senior players was disappointing and Rogers had a nightmare game. Oh well. Overall it was a successful season.

I see Todd Banfield was delisted by Richmond. Hopefully he comes back to Swans. He would be a great get for our midfield ala 2008, not ala his Brisbane forward pocket days.

Great win by the Mighty Black Ducks in the Colts today defeating the perennial finalists Claremont in the GF our 3rd Colts Premiership in 7 years! :)
Congratulations go to Best On Ground in the GF Jason Daniels who took out the Mel Whinnen Medal to go with Albert Dean winning the Jack Clarke Medal in the Colts H&A season.
A great team effort by all 23 boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a fantastic effort by the colts yesterday. I'm still drying out today.
I didn't get back to the club rooms like I was originally planning but the presentations at Subi and a subsequent discussion a few of us had with Harding left you feeling buoyant about the future of the playing group.
Both teams really put their heads over the ball and showed what commitment to your club, team and jumper means. Daniels was a deserving winner, as he had the most influence on the contest, I believe. Hard and relentless he is, with good agility around the contest. Was a joy to watch him play.
Well done again boys. :thumbsu:

What a fantastic effort by the colts yesterday. I'm still drying out today.
I didn't get back to the club rooms like I was originally planning but the presentations at Subi and a subsequent discussion a few of us had with Harding left you feeling buoyant about the future of the playing group.
Both teams really put their heads over the ball and showed what commitment to your club, team and jumper means. Daniels was a deserving winner, as he had the most influence on the contest, I believe. Hard and relentless he is, with good agility around the contest. Was a joy to watch him play.
Well done again boys. :thumbsu:

Let's hope he doesn't get drafted and forced to go to East Perth or Peel hey, along with the rest of our talented youngsters

resized_434089p_300_300_FitSquare.jpg

Was he in a bulldozer? That'a absolutely smashed. For a second I feared it was the shopping centre entrance. Although I've only ever come through the Guildford entrance, I have never had much of a fondness for it.

It was the s**t entrance though. It wasn't the one at the roundabout. Poor form doing a runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the s**t entrance though. It wasn't the one at the roundabout. Poor form doing a runner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The article is a bit ambiguous. He might not have done a runner, just had another place to be but he surely let the club know first.

For those who saw the game, is it a sign we're in for a big year or were Perth just terrible?
Probably more that Perth were terrible. Our ball movement and running patterns were very nice and we managed to break into space a fair bit. It remains to be seen whether it will hold up against a team with better structures and pressure.

What is a massive positive is that we had significant contributions from the kids. Guys like Nuich, Riddoch, Daniels, Slater and Coniglio exceeded my expectations. Plenty to be excited about.

Rudi in particular could have a massive impact on our year. He oozes class, he's strongly built, powerful and aggressive. If he can take the next step, he could cause some carnage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back