Discussion [OFF-TOPIC] What are you listening to right now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Port board has me blasting Nevermind

One of my favorite things to do is ask people who wear Nirvana shirts to sing a lyric that isn't Smells Like Teen Spirit. I have a real hatred for people who wear bands shirts and don't know the band. Heaven forbid, some think its a fashion brand.

One of my favorite things to do is ask people who wear Nirvana shirts to sing a lyric that isn't Smells Like Teen Spirit. I have a real hatred for people who wear bands shirts and don't know the band. Heaven forbid, some think its a fashion brand.
Out of curiousity, has this ever actually happened?

Out of curiousity, has this ever actually happened?
I've seen it happen, but not with Nirvana. One person I spoke to who was wearing an Owl City shirt only knew his song Fireflies, despite his releasing of multiple albums. Another girl at uni reckoned that the Bee Gees (of al the Bands!) was a line of bead toys (like Beados)

What do you mean?

As in, has anyone ever sung something different? Because nope.
No, have you ever actually asked people to provide lyrics to a song other than Smells Like if they're wearing a Nirvana tshirt?

I don't think I'd bat an eyelid if I saw someone wearing a Nirvana shirt. Plenty of bands which only have a handful of songs I like, I'm not really keen on getting interrogated over it.

No, have you ever actually asked people to provide lyrics to a song other than Smells Like if they're wearing a Nirvana tshirt?

I don't think I'd bat an eyelid if I saw someone wearing a Nirvana shirt. Plenty of bands which only have a handful of songs I like, I'm not really keen on getting interrogated over it.
It goes more like "cool shirt, obviously you like thee band. Me too". Leads from there.

Not really an interrogation, more an icebreaker to talk to said person (who is usually a pretty decent looking chick).

I've seen it happen, but not with Nirvana. One person I spoke to who was wearing an Owl City shirt only knew his song Fireflies, despite his releasing of multiple albums. Another girl at uni reckoned that the Bee Gees (of al the Bands!) was a line of bead toys (like Beados)

Owl City is terrible.

I'm pretty particular about the bands i'll wear a t-shirt for. I went to the Foo Fighters concert at Adelaide Oval a couple of years back and I really enjoyed myself and I maintain that they released some cool stuff in the 90s, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a Foo Fighters t-shirt in 2015. Jesus Christ.

I used to wear band shirts quite a bit when around when I was 15. Not really at all anymore, though this shirt does get into the rotation sometimes:
550w_captain_america_avengers_stills_1.jpg

Owl City is terrible.

I'm pretty particular about the bands i'll wear a t-shirt for. I went to the Foo Fighters concert at Adelaide Oval a couple of years back and I really enjoyed myself and I maintain that they released some cool stuff in the 90s, but I wouldn't be seen dead in a Foo Fighters t-shirt in 2015. Jesus Christ.
I disagree, to me, his work is great. Very inspirational stuff

I cant say I wear band shirts, mainly because I havent really been anywhere to get one :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan8 just bought Love of Cartography by sleepmakeswaves and giving it a first listen now. Really kewl sound scapes, can easily see this being the soundtrack to my next exam period.

If I was going to be really picky I'd say that the keys that the songs are in are a little too reminiscent of pop punk and whiny teeny bopper music, but they make up for it with good structure. Lyrics are s**t though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back