Official Match Thread S19 R3: Roys FFC vs Dragons FFC at Brunswick Junction Oval (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest, why did that change occur?

Team submission plus changes was a requirement so that the simmer had an easy job using the transfer function.
- Naming the team in positions was paramount.
- Naming the players who had changed position and where they were now was handy.
- Naming where they moved from was of no purpose to the simmer.
Honestly, I can't remember.

However, any rule changes are discussed by the committee before being released so I can only assume an issue had caused more framework to be inserted into the rule.

If the positional changes (where from/to, especially from) is of little use to the person simming then we can definitely remove the requirement for next season's rules. This is why the rules are opened up to all club captains plus the simmer for input. The rule came up from memory ahead of S18 and has never been contested by simmers/captains alike. boncer34 does it serve any purpose for you or should it be shelved next season?

Also I couldn't care less what you do with naming the team.

Just as long as my name is on the post somewhere so I can search for it.

Because it is round 4.
Also I couldn't care less what you do with naming the team.

Just as long as my name is on the post somewhere so I can search for it.
Then your requirements are very different from logger's. Logger explicitly said he didn't need his name on the post, he needed "official team sheet" on the post as that is what he searches for (to avoid having to search through every time someone mentions his name). This requires collaboration before the next rules are released. The last thing we want is extra rules and extra framework that doesn't need to be in place and serves no purpose.

Every simmer is a little different in how they go about it, but the way teams are submitted is effectively to make the life of the simmer easy and hence allow the competition to function more easily.

Out of interest, why did that change occur?

Team submission plus changes was a requirement so that the simmer had an easy job using the transfer function.
- Naming the team in positions was paramount.
- Naming the players who had changed position and where they were now was handy.
- Naming where they moved from was of no purpose to the simmer.
In the rules, the player positions from the last game must be added in.

Read above.

Honestly, I can't remember.

However, any rule changes are discussed by the committee before being released so I can only assume an issue had caused more framework to be inserted into the rule.

If the positional changes (where from/to, especially from) is of little use to the person simming then we can definitely remove the requirement for next season's rules. This is why the rules are opened up to all club captains plus the simmer for input. The rule came up from memory ahead of S18 and has never been contested by simmers/captains alike. boncer34 does it serve any purpose for you or should it be shelved next season?
Just asking. Not privy to the discussions. Confident you all know what you're doing! :thumbsu:

Out of interest, how should it look? I assume you're talking about the positional changes?

Wonders are 0-3 and obviously having to search for incorrect team submissions for other clubs so they've more chance of qualifying for the finals with the two wins they might register by Round 13. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back