Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The midfield of Brisbane looks ok. They are going have to offer Aish more than have prehaps.

Honestly if monfries and Ryder comeback by round 6.....you//we shouldnt be complaining...

Just smile and nod politely
Yep: if we have to make do without Ryder and Monfries for the first 5 games, I reckon there's enough talent in our squad to be 3-2 (at worst) anyway. If we then have them from then onwards, then it's happy days!!!!

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geez missed this horse in race 1 Bendigo .. Winner No 6 Horse name RYDER paid $6 for the win
Lets hope Paddy is a great winner for our Club:)

Jack Foster

Team Captain
Dec 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There is only one!
So we get them back after our hard start and everyone who plays Essendon prior to that, including our two biggest rivals gets an easy win and massive percentage boost. If they cop any games then those matches should be scrubbed from the books. Hawks, Swans etc. should be considered to have played 21 games and finals spots is determined off percentage of games won, not the strict number.

The whole thing of treating all the players the same grates me though. IMO the leadership group from 2012 should cop a harder whack than the rest of the players. They are meant to be the ones setting the standard. And more importantly the conduit between the playing group and the coaches / other staff. There should be a higher burden on them to validate everything is above board and relay to the other players, rather than in a team sport all 34 players that are getting the same program having to validate individually.

For me a fair penalty would be backdating the other players to not miss games and the leadership group cop 12 months, backdated to when the show clauses were delivered - i.e. they'd be out of 2015. Along with obviously Hird sent to the cleaners.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

If for example 16 current Essendon players are given 5 game penalties why don't the AFL just spread the suspensions out over the course of the year?

4 fit players miss rounds 1-5, then another 4 miss 6-10, 4 miss 11-15, 4 miss 16-20? If a player was going to miss round 6-10 but gets injured during round 5 swap another player and wait until that player is fit so they can miss 11-15 or 16-20. This would prevent easy wins, percentage boosts and boring games.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

If for example 16 current Essendon players are given 5 game penalties why don't the AFL just spread the suspensions out over the course of the year?

4 fit players miss rounds 1-5, then another 4 miss 6-10, 4 miss 11-15, 4 miss 16-20? If a player was going to miss round 6-10 but gets injured during round 5 swap another player and wait until that player is fit so they can miss 11-15 or 16-20. This would prevent easy wins, percentage boosts and boring games.
They should just play for no points like the Storm did in the NRL.

lol.

151344-a3704d76-c22a-11e4-a0d8-62fd782d4449.jpg

i wouldn't be cheering. the best outcome for us would be him staying. this way the crows will get a very nice pick for losing him, salary cap release and also take a step to fixing their god awful culture.

Nah, they'll only get like pick 10 thanks to the godawful FA compo rules. And if they want to keep that pick then they won't be able to bring in any free agents themselves. I'm not exactly his biggest fan but his market value is a hell of a lot higher than pick 10.

The only way for the Crows to win out of this situation would've been to trade him for overs last year. That ship has sailed. Now their options are either grossly overpay for a grossly overrated player, or watch him go and get shafted for FA compensation. It's lose/lose for them at this point.

Nah, they'll only get like pick 10 thanks to the godawful FA compo rules. And if they want to keep that pick then they won't be able to bring in any free agents themselves. I'm not exactly his biggest fan but he's definitely worth a lot more than pick 10.

The only way for the Crows to win out of this situation would've been to trade him for overs last year. That ship has sailed. Now their options are either grossly overpay for a grossly overrated player, or watch him go and get shafted for FA compensation. It's lose/lose for them at this point.

I think they may get higher than pick 10, but I also still feel the benefits long term will outweigh the negatives should they lose him.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

Meanwhile, Rowey has to obey the three laws of SANFL robotics:

1. A SANFLbot may not injure the SANFL or, through inaction, allow the SANFL being to come to harm.
  2. A SANFLbot must obey the orders given to it by the SANFL, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A SANFLbot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Yeah Chiwigi says it so it must be so.

Hey I'm an editor for a men's fashion magazine and my cousin is a lead designer for Calibre but what would I know right.
That definitely says it all!

Calm down, I'm as fashionable as flares.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trojan Horse.. anyone else now getting a Trojan horse alert with Anti Virus when they come onto Big Footy. Have sent an email to Admin re same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back