2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Too hard to tell for me. If Kedron played Ferny again this week, same result?? I think so.

A fight in a practice match in div 4. That's a joke. And if you have played in this div you will know that div 4 umpires will send you off for looking at someone the wrong way.

Zillmere 2013. Best team to ever come through this comp. Unless Kedron won by 100 points in the practice match it will be an even enjoyable Comp like last year.

A fight in a practice match in div 4. That's a joke. And if you have played in this div you will know that div 4 umpires will send you off for looking at someone the wrong way.

Zillmere 2013. Best team to ever come through this comp. Unless Kedron won by 100 points in the practice match it will be an even enjoyable Comp like last year.

Zillmere 2013, a very good side but in a year when the rest of the comp wasn't much. For me the best side to come through this comp would be one of the Woodsman and Jimboomba sides from yesta year.

Woodsmen & Jimboomba in 2009 were both outstanding sides.

Zillmere in 2013 was an outstanding side & Woodsmen 2014 were obviously a pretty decent side.

From watching this league over the years though, would have to agree that Zillmere 2013 were the best. They didn't have to play against, much, but they also never got out of 2nd gear either. They won the GF by 10 goals running on auto-pilot and the umpires did their best to even it up, but didn't stand a chance!

I'd rank them:

Zillmere '13
Woodsmen '09
Redbacks '09
Woodsmen '14

(Yes, I reckon the losing Redbacks in 09 were better than their winning 10/11 sides)

Very good player why would he bother playing div 4

why wouldn't he? Thats the division his club is in, so thats where he plays.

I'm sure he is well aware how good he is and doesn't need to stroke his own ego and play in a different league.

Good on him. why would Danny Dickfos or Matty Waters or Ed McDonnel play Div 4? 3 players that have been AFL listed!

why wouldn't he? Thats the division his club is in, so thats where he plays.

I'm sure he is well aware how good he is and doesn't need to stroke his own ego and play in a different league.

Good on him. why would Danny Dickfos or Matty Waters or Ed McDonnel play Div 4? 3 players that have been AFL listed!
Spot on mate very good assessment.

I dropped in and watched the first half at Kedron on Saturday. It was a very hot day and was a true practice match for both teams. Kedron were not as clinical as I thought they may have been. Though I am unsure of any of their player roster from the three teams they fielded last year. Ferny Grove are starting from scratch in this division. They are very keen and have solid numbers which is a great starting point. The division has always had teams of different strengths and in an expanding competition you would expect it to stay that way. The key point is in the manner of how the teams and players conduct themselves over the season... this is what makes it enjoyable!! Good luck for the season ahead.

Practice Matches this week end????? Collingwood Park v Uni Friday night ...... any others????

Are Uni just entering the one side? If so, where have all their players from last year gone? Haven't seen many clearences of players leaving Uni

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandgate 2 goal winners in a predominantly scrappy first hit out played in the right spirit. Both clubs showed their potential with some nice passages throughout the game.
Any other results so far?

Watched the first half of Sandgate v yeronga. Was definitely played in good spirit. But thought Sandgate were a few levels above yeronga. Think yeronga will have potential to knock over a few of the top teams but will struggle to make top 6. Sandgate moved the ball a lot better. Sandgate definitely an improved side on what they had last year.

Watched the first half of Sandgate v yeronga. Was definitely played in good spirit. But thought Sandgate were a few levels above yeronga. Think yeronga will have potential to knock over a few of the top teams but will struggle to make top 6. Sandgate moved the ball a lot better. Sandgate definitely an improved side on what they had last year.

Thanks for the write up. So by the sounds of that, Sandgate to be top 4 ??

Without a doubt, Sandgate are a stronger side this year. However it is far too early to predict ladder finishes. The comp has changed substantially and for the better in my opinion. I'd be extremely surprised if any team gets through undefeated this season. Jimboomba, Woodies, yeronga, Sandgate will be strong again. Then you have many unknowns in Kedron, Mayne, UQ and others. Looking forward to it!

It is to early to predict. But didn't yeronga lose to woodsmen by 100 last round and Jimboomba by a 100 points first round of finals. If yeronga have picked up some new players. Agree they could be competitive. Jimboomba always competitive and with woodsmen will depend if they could keep the players from last year. Kedron strong. Uq 1 team strong.

Kedron & UQ will bring a new element to the comp this year, which will be great. Gone will be the days when the Top 3 or 4 sides separate from the comp early on and the season becomes a procession until finals tick around.

Kedron & UQ will bring a new element to the comp this year, which will be great. Gone will be the days when the Top 3 or 4 sides separate from the comp early on and the season becomes a procession until finals tick around.

Yep, agree. I think the standard will be good and should be a very good season. Will be a real battle for a finals spot.

It is to early to predict. But didn't yeronga lose to woodsmen by 100 last round and Jimboomba by a 100 points first round of finals. If yeronga have picked up some new players. Agree they could be competitive. Jimboomba always competitive and with woodsmen will depend if they could keep the players from last year. Kedron strong. Uq 1 team strong.

footy isn't that simple. Our final round side last year was stronger than our GF side, and we treated that week like a final as we knew we wouldn't play for another 2 weeks and needed a good tuneup. Yeronga were limping to the finish, as their final 2 games showed.

Sandgate then beat the Reddies, before copping a 100 point prelim final pasting from Wynnum. Though i guarantee Wynnum weren't a 100 point better side than the Reddies!

s**t happens sometimes

Any more practice games lined up in the coming weeks?

following two should be going ahead:

Kedron Vs Beenleigh 21/3
Kedron Vs Zillmere 28/3

Any more practice games lined up in the coming weeks?

following two should be going ahead:

Kedron Vs Beenleigh 21/3
Kedron Vs Zillmere 28/3
Kedron v beenleigh not us mate. Its beenleigh playing at our ground on that day. Kedron v zillmere is on at kedron 28th 5.30 pm. Possible kedron v yeronga on 21st but still waiting on them to confirm. Hope this helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back