KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point ky flyer, I think lanky lack another key proven goal kicker. Barnett did a good job last year but felt lanky lacked other tall key forwards. Not sure if they have recruited any other genuine goal kickers. I have heard that another past gun 100 season goal kicker is pulling the boots on again.

Surely not whelan?

Haven't heard anything mate, know they have signed Stuart Day from Rumba and Corey Atkinson-Harlen from Tonny, with big Eric I am sure there would be some links to the Stars through those fellas.
Big news getting around is that big Eric Edwards along with Brown who was linked with Stanhope are playing with Rumba both have played
in their last 2 practice matches including last night against Shepp big loss for Stanhope maybe Normo can tell us a bit more cheers hank!!!

Good point ky flyer, I think lanky lack another key proven goal kicker. Barnett did a good job last year but felt lanky lacked other tall key forwards. Not sure if they have recruited any other genuine goal kickers. I have heard that another past gun 100 season goal kicker is pulling the boots on again.
A past lancy gun 100 goal kicker? Or 100 goal kicker from elsewhere?

Yep still hearing Rushy are in trouble, is it true that they contacted Rob Osborne (Mooroopna, now Waaia Coach) early days about Coaching? Word is he was going to take the job with Shane Lynch returning with him, but never received a follow up call? And Yes Linc was/and still is that good.

Not sure who rang him hank, coz I didnt as I was reliably informed he had the waaia job a lot earlier than has been reported. And with the team hes getting together I dont think we would have had the budget to keep him happy... and id be seriously dissapointed if what you have said is the truth

Last edited:
Big news getting around is that big Eric Edwards along with Brown who was linked with Stanhope are playing with Rumba both have played
in their last 2 practice matches including last night against Shepp big loss for Stanhope maybe Normo can tell us a bit more cheers hank!!!
I wouldn't of thought.. But who knows these days..

I have & still got the same answer.... ;) But to be quite honest I personally thought he should have another year, he is still in great shape, great form but as they say some people prefer to retire at the top of their game instead of battling each week.... :thumbsu:
Not sure if he is giving you a straight answer smooth, still hearing he is training and very keen to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if he is giving you a straight answer smooth, still hearing he is training and very keen to play
Eitherway mate good on him.... I know he always anticipated to continue training for general fitness but I can only go on what he tells me & I take him on his word.... But if he does play well good on him as I believe he would still be Lanky's best player, followed closely by 1 of the most underrated players in the comp in Tyse DiPetta.... Probably the best lock down defender in the comp! Shuts down every player he gets.... :thumbsu:

Hi guys. Long time observer of kdfl big footy but first time poster.

Involved with lanky and been to training a fair bit and have only seen burners sitting on the bike once watching training.. i would love him to come back as personally i think he is one of the best coaches i have played under but dont think he will be playing....

Can anyone clarify what is happening with Trent Rutherford and the other imports.. see their clearances was denied...is this just formality? Clubs deny and then eventually let them go??

Involved with lanky and been to training a fair bit and have only seen burners sitting on the bike once watching training.. i would love him to come back as personally i think he is one of the best coaches i have played under but dont think he will be playing....

Can anyone clarify what is happening with Trent Rutherford and the other imports.. see their clearances was denied...is this just formality? Clubs deny and then eventually let them go??
Welcome aboard Smote, obviously we probably played alongside each other last year, so should eventually work out who you are if you give me a clue or 2.... Haha

But yeah mate, I'd have to agree with the Burners comment, he would also be in my top 2 best coaches played under.... I rate my coaches not so much for what they are capable of on the field, but how they represent themselves, their players & their club off it! & he definitely covers all those bases! (Christian Barnett is working his way to the top also as he has very similar trates to Burners, alot of people would be very surprised at his work ethic for the club off field & that is a genuine coach to me)

Anyone can be a good player, but to carry yourself well & have the respect off the whole league is well earned.... I learned a hell of alot off of him last year & reckon that has helped me even further prepare myself for when I do get the chance to coach in the future.... Well longer than my 3day stint at Lanky anyway!! :D:D:D:D

Welcome smote.. I can shed a bit of light on Trent as I've been in contact with the team manager and president of hoppers crossing, Trent signed a 2 year deal originally that's why the clearance was denied since then he has cleared up a few things with the club even tho they were aware he was leaving.. An agreement between lancy and hoppers has nearly been resolved looks like they have 5 new sherrins coming there way

Welcome aboard Smote, obviously we probably played alongside each other last year, so should eventually work out who you are if you give me a clue or 2.... Haha

But yeah mate, I'd have to agree with the Burners comment, he would also be in my top 2 best coaches played under.... I rate my coaches not so much for what they are capable of on the field, but how they represent themselves, their players & their club off it! & he definitely covers all those bases! (Christian Barnett is working his way to the top also as he has very similar trates to Burners, alot of people would be very surprised at his work ethic for the club off field & that is a genuine coach to me)

Anyone can be a good player, but to carry yourself well & have the respect off the whole league is well earned.... I learned a hell of alot off of him last year & reckon that has helped me even further prepare myself for when I do get the chance to coach in the future.... Well longer than my 3day stint at Lanky anyway!! :D:D:D:D

Ha smooth it wont be too hard to work out who I am.... yeah agree mate Burners is a great coach. His work on and off the field was exemplary. Would love to have played under him for another year...the way the side is coming along at this stage will be playing in the magoos mate which i am quite happy to at this stage..

Welcome smote.. I can shed a bit of light on Trent as I've been in contact with the team manager and president of hoppers crossing, Trent signed a 2 year deal originally that's why the clearance was denied since then he has cleared up a few things with the club even tho they were aware he was leaving.. An agreement between lancy and hoppers has nearly been resolved looks like they have 5 new sherrins coming there way

Thanks Ark.. great news for lanky if all approved..

True Kat, otherwise would be pretty quiet on here. How are the hoppers traveling ? Numbers at training, any practice matches on the go ?

Played Rumbalara last week. Good hit out, both sides well below full strength.

Our back line stood tall, good signs across the ground.

Finalising another game as we speak.

Thirds back up and running and will play Katandra in their first outing.

Some big names out, but enough of a base to suggest we will be competitive with the better sides.

Burners wants to play but they are haggling over the terms Tyson great choice for captain our leadership group looks strong this year the scoobies will have plenty of depth praccy match only 2 weeks away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back