Universal Love Ultimate Footy 2015 - The Draft - Discussion/Tagging Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was so worried Eth was going to take him too, especially after how well he played last night.

Fair point. Another 4 (well, 3 and a half) teams playing today... may all my targets fly under the radar.

Fair point. Another 4 (well, 3 and a half) teams playing today... may all my targets fly under the radar.
On that, if the players get banned, I honestly wonder how the fantasy leagues will handle it. It'll depend on how UF structures it, but I'm thinking that we might let those with banned players have a mini-draft to re-fill their squad based on both the fill-ins and the remaining FAs.

I was so worried Eth was going to take him too, especially after how well he played last night.
I was cautious on Aish, few factors in mind. Could well turn into a 25-disposal midfielder but Beams and Christensen (and perhaps Robinson) have to take midfield time off someone. Probably Dangerfield money being thrown at him too.

Hill's a 20-25 disposal, goal a game midfielder, I was happy to land him.

On that, if the players get banned, I honestly wonder how the fantasy leagues will handle it. It'll depend on how UF structures it, but I'm thinking that we might let those with banned players have a mini-draft to re-fill their squad based on both the fill-ins and the remaining FAs.

Think they'll handle it just like other injuries and suspensions - let players delist and pick away or stick them on the pine until the ban is over. I'm avoiding the Bombers, Ryder, Crameri, Monfries, etc. They'd have to be much better than anyone else available to get a guernsey.

I was cautious on Aish, few factors in mind. Could well turn into a 25-disposal midfielder but Beams and Christensen (and perhaps Robinson) have to take midfield time off someone. Probably Dangerfield money being thrown at him too.

Hill's a 20-25 disposal, goal a game midfielder, I was happy to land him.
That's what sold me though. He had the second-highest touches last night behind Rockliff, and that's with both Beams and Robinson in the side.

That's what sold me though. He had the second-highest touches last night behind Rockliff, and that's with both Beams and Robinson in the side.

Robinson was out after about 10 minutes, and the other one missing was Christensen. Aish seems the type to get in positions to demand the ball and I think is more likely to be consistently in the 20s with the odd big game when he gets a terrible midfield match up. Could end up like being Chad Fletcher when Cousins, Judd, Kerr, etc are doing all the heavy lifting in the middle.

Mayes is the one I have doubts about. Good player, but was pretty peripheral last night and has dropped down the pecking order for mine.

Yeah, Mayes is an interesting one. Kid can play for sure, but what's his role now?

There's a couple of other interesting targets wayyyy down the draft order I've found this morning too...hmm.

Yeah, Mayes is an interesting one. Kid can play for sure, but what's his role now?

There's a couple of other interesting targets wayyyy down the draft order I've found this morning too...hmm.

I've got about 80 names on my hit list, and they stretch all the way to the bottom as well. You should start picking up the those bottom feeders. Still plenty of gems around... or at least lower picks worth a bit of a risk once we get into the 200s and beyond.

I feel bad for whoever picked up Leuenberger so early though. Clearly seems Martin is going to be the first choice ruck, so giving up a decent pick for an injury prone second choice ruck is a rough deal.

I've got about 80 names on my hit list, and they stretch all the way to the bottom as well. You should start picking up the those bottom feeders. Still plenty of gems around... or at least lower picks worth a bit of a risk once we get into the 200s and beyond.

I feel bad for whoever picked up Leuenberger so early though. Clearly seems Martin is going to be the first choice ruck, so giving up a decent pick for an injury prone second choice ruck is a rough deal.
Who still doesn't have a ruck?

<----------- THIS GUY

Who still doesn't have a ruck?

<----------- THIS GUY

RUCK RUSH!

I also don't have one. They're all s**t so one you pick up in the 20th round will end up doing a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nuts, thought Docherty would last longer. And Hoskin-Elliott.

Hellbourne

Last edited:
Logger

B Baguley - -
HB -
C Neale - Barlowe - Cornes -
HF Zorko -
F J Green - Z Clarke -
R Jacobs - Redden - Greene - D. Swallow

The midfield of mine will be hard to beat when fully fit. And I should go alright in the ruck too.

LoggerB Baguley - -
HB -
C Neale - Barlowe - Cornes -
HF Zorko -
F J Green - Z Clarke -
R Jacobs - Redden - Greene - D. Swallow

The midfield of mine will be hard to beat when fully fit. And I should go alright in the ruck too.

There are some nice teams shaping up. I think Harvard Yardies has you covered for mids: Pendlebury, Parker, Crouch, O'Meara, Steven, Greenwood, Polec...

There are some nice teams shaping up. I think Harvard Yardies has you covered for mids: Pendlebury, Parker, Crouch, O'Meara, Steven, Greenwood, Polec...

No doubt marlowe has done well.

I think his Mids look better on paper - I'm hoping my strategy of taking high possession winners that also tackle like crazy will give me an edge.

I really like the look of CA's team and Hellbourne at this early stage. Eth looks pretty s**t hot too.

B: Malceski --- ---
HB: Lumumba Houli ---
C: Dangerfield Ward Dal-Santo ---
HF: Deledio --- Adams
F: --- Walker ---
R: Sandilands --- --- ---

Emerg:

Bench: Birchall

No doubt marlowe has done well.

I think his Mids look better on paper - I'm hoping my strategy of taking high possession winners that also tackle like crazy will give me an edge.

I really like the look of CA's team and Hellbourne at this early stage. Eth looks pretty s**t hot too.

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well. With the same 16 people returning there'd be plenty of lessons learned from the first time around. The projected rankings are getting ignored more than they were last year.

I think I was trying to take that pick when no one was looking at work. He definitely wasn't the player I was trying to pick but on your phone it's a little tricky :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back