Review Winners and Losers in the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you tell after 1 game IF people are Over or Underrating a Player?:rolleyes:

Easy, someone will come out and say "He could be as good as Beams" after one practice game.

What is different then most other fans when they talk about there Kids?

and Everytime a Pies fan likes 1 of there prospects and voices that. Other Fans come straight on and say it’s BS

It's got nothing to do with what team you support but everything to do with you blowing a load over a practice game comparing it to who was one of your top 3 players in Beams.

Going by the measuring stick you've thrown out if De Goey has a poor game next time I expect to see you labeling him worse than Israel Folau.

Easy, someone will come out and say "He Could be as good as Beams" after one practice game.

Look at the Bolded Letter

It's got nothing to do with what team you support but everything to do with you blowing a load over a practice game comparing it to who was one of your top 3 players in Beams.

Going by the measuring stick you've thrown out if De Goey has a poor game next time I expect to see you labeling him worse than Israel Folau.

What is Wrong about being Excited by a Prospect?

NO ONE ON HERE CAN SAY THEY WON THE DRAFT. TRY COMING BACK IN ABOUT 5 YEARS

Look at the Bolded Letter

I'm looking at it and it's still ridiculously premature, if I grew a foot and had the hands and boot of Wayne Carey I COULD be the best player ever.

*Also I didn't captalize the "C" in could

What is Wrong about being Excited by a Prospect?

Nothing is wrong with being excited.

NO ONE ON HERE CAN SAY THEY WON THE DRAFT. TRY COMING BACK IN ABOUT 5 YEARS

Never said anything about winning or losing the draft.

I'm looking at it and it's still ridiculously premature, if I grew a foot and had the hands and boot of Wayne Carey I COULD be the best player ever..

Might be a Bit Early but Hey the Media are just as Worse

Never said anything about winning or losing the draft

Isn’t that the Topic of the Thread?

De Goey is going to be sick.
Has so much energy at - and within - the contest. My favourite player of last year's draft. Should just be glad he's not a Blue or Bomber, I suppose.:cry:

Lonie reminds a lot of Adam Schnieder. Potentially a little more poised and clever through traffic.

Last edited:
Not sure why you're telling me that, but thanks for the tip. :thumbsu: :D

I did rate him leading up to the draft though and saw him play at the champs. Was one of those I would have been very OK with us picking up at 21 or 22 had there not been a Goddard type "slider" or two. The fact he has grown so dramatically in the past couple of years or whatever could mean that there is a lot of development left in him. Definitely seems like Mundy/Barlow type to me.

Watched him on the second intra club last Friday.

Very good. Hard running, smooth in traffic, very good hands and smart positioning in transition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that. Very interesting!

Surely your man at the end meant 2007 with Cotchin and Rance?! 2008 you got Vickery, Post (delisted and taken just ahead of Beams and Hannebury) and the recycled Hislop (a proven headcase). Either that or you have very low expectations! :p
Pretty sure he worked at Port Adelaide in 2008 - Hartlett, Trengove, Broadbent and Redden.

I wonder if he worked for us in '06 where we winded up picking up Robbie Gray, Travis Boak and Westhoff
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he (Blair Hartley) worked at Port Adelaide in 2006, but as an opposition analyst. Became involved in the recruiting process in 2007 then moved to the Tigers a few years later.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he (Blair Hartley) worked at Port Adelaide in 2006, but as an opposition analyst. Became involved in the recruiting process in 2007 then moved to the Tigers a few years later.

My memory is pretty s**t but I believe you're correct! I'm impressed you can remember that kind of information about two teams you don't support!

My memory is pretty s**t but I believe you're correct! I'm impressed you can remember that kind of information about two teams you don't support!
It doesn't extend to everything, I assure you. :p I've taken a pretty keen interest in Hartley over the past few years as he's made a career for himself in recruitment at a really, really young age compared to what's the "norm" in the AFL. Really interesting guy.

I loved what I saw in Lonie through the finals.
Looks to have a gear or two to boot.

Could easily be one of the better smalls from this draft.
Did you see him today, bloody hell! :eek: It seemed like he had a direct hand in every one of our goals! (Actually registered 4 goal assists- no-one else in the game had more than 1). He is one of those who just makes things happen with pretty much every touch and who has a precision instrument on the end of his left leg. So smart and crafty it's not funny. Ended up with 17 possies (at 82% efficiency, with no clangers), 5 inside 50's, 4 GA's and a goal. Goes in really hard too.

As well as what he did in the finals last year, he averaged the highest number of Supercoach points per game of anyone in Division 1 at the champs last year, more than the likes of Petracca, Daniel and co., with an average of 129 per game, also winning the MVP award for Vic Country. Yet another to slide due to being sub-175cm.

Really liked what I saw from Hugh Goddard down back today as well, he didn't look out of place at all against the likes of McKernan and Giles and just kept on getting his fist to everything (had a game-high 10 1%-ers- next best had just 5). Could play immediately by the looks of it as he is already a big unit. Super-competitive.

Also really impressed with a few of the things Jack Sinclair (pick 1 in the rookie draft) did. Kicked a goal from a snap in a pack within about a minute of being subbed on and then looked like Sam Mitchell with a play late in the game, when he worked his way through traffic really well, evaded a tackle and then made a last moment switch to his (non-preferred) left foot, to put the ball out to our advantage on the wing. Looked very natural doing it, just like Mitchell does. Expecting to see him sometime this year as well.

Last edited:
Did you see him today, bloody hell! :eek: It seemed like he had a direct hand in every one of our goals! (Actually registered 4 goal assists- no-one else in the game had more than 1). He is one of those who just makes things happen with pretty much every touch and who has a precision instrument on the end of his left leg. So smart and crafty it's not funny. Ended up with 17 possies (at 82% efficiency, with no clangers), 5 inside 50's, 4 GA's and a goal. Goes in really hard too.

As well as what he did in the finals last year, he averaged the highest number of Supercoach points per game of anyone in Division 1 at the champs last year, more than the likes of Petracca, Daniel and co., with an average of 129 per game, also winning the MVP award for Vic Country. Yet another to slide due to being sub-175cm.

Really liked what I saw from Hugh Goddard down back today as well, he didn't look out of place at all against the likes of McKernan and Giles and just kept on getting his fist to everything (had a game-high 10 1%-ers- next best had just 5). Could play immediately by the looks of it as he is already a big unit. Super-competitive.

Also really impressed with a few of the things Jack Sinclair (pick 1 in the rookie draft) did. Kicked a goal from a snap in a pack within about a minute of being subbed on and then looked like Sam Mitchell with a play late in the game, when he worked his way through traffic really well, evaded a tackle and then made a last moment switch to his (non-preferred) left foot, to put the ball out to our advantage on the wing. Looked very natural doing it, just like Mitchell does. Expecting to see him sometime this year as well.

Take the jizzfest to the st Kilda board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back