Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting late though and I'm too tired to.......

But it should be noted that while Pearl Jam (to me anyway) came across as a sort of stadium rock band riding on the coattails of the whole Seattle thing, the core guys in the band actually did have some serious pedigree.

You should start a thread sometime, as the 'rocker' culture in Adelaide, and probably Perth in the late 70's early 80's which morphed into smaller cultures was one of the ingredients of the grunge movement that moved into Seattle. I researched it on the web some years ago and came across some interesting stuff

I have sold $1200 of stuff on ebay in the last 3 weeks and can't get at my funds because of paypal's bullshit policy of holding your cash for 3 weeks. **** off campaigners.

WTF? Is your account confirmed with them? I never have that problem.

There wasn't anything particularly original about it at all. That's the whole point. Bands like Mudhoney would openly rip off bands like Blue Cheer and 60's punk bands, albeit with their own twist.
Bands like Soundgarden were just ripping off Led Zeppelin.
You should start a thread sometime, as the 'rocker' culture in Adelaide, and probably Perth in the late 70's early 80's which morphed into smaller cultures was one of the ingredients of the grunge movement that moved into Seattle. I researched it on the web some years ago and came across some interesting stuff
Just because you have a similar sound or use the same instruments dosen't mean you rip them off .

Everyone has influences this is like saying any band that uses a piano rip of Beethoven.

That whole 60's garage punk thing had a huge comeback in the 1980's, particularly in the US and Australia. The Paisley Underground as it was sort of known. And of all those bands the most authentic sounding was a band from Geelong called the Bo-Weevils, who unlike other bands of the time didn't dress 60's, but used all authentic instruments from the era to get that pure 60's sound.

I remember smoking weed with a guy from grong grong at a Jello Biafra spoken word, that guy had some great story's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to write "Come on Port!", but thought better of it...

B-0eUe5UcAAwOf8.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back