Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How is it that I can by a brand new printer with ink cartridges for $40 but a set of cartridges without the black is 70 fudging dollars? Seriously considering just throwing the whole printer out and getting a new one whenever they run out. :mad:

How is it that I can by a brand new printer with ink cartridges for $40 but a set of cartridges without the black is 70 fudging dollars? Seriously considering just throwing the whole printer out and getting a new one whenever they run out. :mad:
This is why I've just given up & now print everything at work. Thanks for all your tax dollars guys

That's the point.

They don't make any money off the printer, they make all their money off the ink. You're better off buying a new printer.

oogac wins all their awards...

He does exceptional, exceptional work, I have always said that and always will. Beyond brilliant. However the Bay has far too big a fascination with shooping, and far too small a fascination with what we can do with words.

(says the guy whose gift is words...)

2nd-4th last year in the MVP all were wordy posters. ;)

It's not a case of words vs shoops (if you check the vintage threads list, it's probably about even), it's more about standing out, so by default a good thread will outweigh a good week of posting everywhere (Shawt being the exception to that). Oogac is just ridiculously prolific with his ideas, when he makes a video or the monopoly thread, he goes straight to BOG for the week the same way Mofra does for bottom 50, or LW did for the Big Dog, etc. We just don't have enough quality written threads on the bay. :(

So, name changes. How do I go about getting one, Starburns_ ?

You'll need to either upgrade your account, or find a friendly supermod/admin and give them a good reason to change it for you. ;)

With a new printer, they only fill the ink cartridges with 1/4 of the ink. I thought about doing it myself.

Pretty sure there are some inks out there which literally cost more than their weight in gold.

Morganashlee Wooshette Are you girls having a punt today? I'm in Sydney til tmoz, so heading out to Randwick for a punt.

Here's my tips for the day if you're interested:
R1: 9 English
2: 2 Headwater
3: 5 Just a girl
4: 13 Pajaro
5: Mardi
6: 1 Hallowed crown
7: 9 Cosmic Endeavour
8: 9 Catkins
10: 6 Music Magnate

Qauddie: 1/8,9/1,8,10/1,6,5. (I've got this for 625% for $100)

Not much value around today but plenty of easy winners I think.
Giddyup

Favourite punter huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bay isn't about quality :straining::thumbsdown:

It kind of is, that's why Oogac and Mofra dominate awards threads, and Tazhawk and LDJ win FOTY.

Morganashlee Wooshette. Are you guys having a punt today......I'm in Sydney til tmoz so I'mheading out to Randwick.
My tips if you're interested:
R1: 9 English
2: 2 headwater
3: 5 Just a girl
4: 13 Pajaro
5: 5 Mardi
6: 1 Hallowed Crown
7: 8 Catkins
9: 6 music magnate

Qauddie: 1/8,9/1,5,8/1,6,13. (625% $100)
Not much value around, but plenty of easy winners IMO.
Giddyup

Yidaki

Don't be too worried if you see your like count decreasing. It was just me going back and unliking all of your posts.

#no10klikesforyidaki

Omg! You actually did! :eek:

It's not a bad way to eat necessarily, but it isn't the only right way to eat. And a lot of the premises that the diet is based on are pseudo-science. Grains, rice, and potatoes aren't bad for you in moderation. Japanese people generally eat a "high" carb diet and they have a high life expectancy and low obesity rates. They are just one example. People don't get fat because they eat carbs, they get fat because they constantly eat more calories than their body uses. You really only need to go low-ish carb if you don't do any exercise.

Well said, Jazny. So true.

It kind of is, that's why Oogac and Mofra dominate awards threads, and Tazhawk and LDJ win FOTY.
The bay is about trolling. All quality work does is make people go "oh cool. heh" and then walk away. The threads that get the most bites, especially the ones that start with a ridiculous premise, are the best bay threads. Like Bosk's thread about Port taking drugs. There is a reason why the quality threads need to be stickied to be seen.

This one goes alright too.

Probably not unexpectedly, you can't go to a sporting event in Boston without hearing this at least 5 times during the game.

The bay is about trolling. All quality work does is make people go "oh cool. heh" and then walk away. The threads that get the most bites, especially the ones that start with a ridiculous premise, are the best bay threads. Like Bosk's thread about Port taking drugs. There is a reason why the quality threads need to be stickied to be seen.

It's about everything, you can choose to either take the piss out of football, or troll other posters, there's no limit to the lulz. Personally, my favourite threads are the ones where everyone can contribute, such as KFC Boy, Pie charts, and the normal post - bay 13 post threads.

Also, from memory Bosk polled 6 votes the week he made that thread. ;)

2nd-4th last year in the MVP all were wordy posters. ;)

It's not a case of words vs shoops (if you check the vintage threads list, it's probably about even), it's more about standing out, so by default a good thread will outweigh a good week of posting everywhere (Shawt being the exception to that). Oogac is just ridiculously prolific with his ideas, when he makes a video or the monopoly thread, he goes straight to BOG for the week the same way Mofra does for bottom 50, or LW did for the Big Dog, etc. We just don't have enough quality written threads on the bay. :(

You'll need to either upgrade your account, or find a friendly supermod/admin and give them a good reason to change it for you. ;)

So you're saying I need to pay $5 to change my name?

---

I bit the bullet and bought some cartridges but now the colour scale is out of whack and I can't fix it.:mad::mad::mad:

I just want to print some lecture notes so I can do some study ffs. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

it's bullshit isn't it. I have to do that often. Or the printer is outdated after 2 years so you can't get printer cartridges for it. EPSON is the worst for that.

Yidaki

Don't be too worried if you see your like count decreasing. It was just me going back and unliking all of your posts.

#no10klikesforyidaki

lollllll. That's dedication. I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back