The off topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just more baffled as to why someone who lives in coastal Victoria would pick Fremantle of all clubs
Because they've been somewhat successful in recent times I suspect. In which case, no offence to your choice of friends, I think this particular guy is a bit of a glory hunter.

I could never swap from North, City or the Dodgers. I'd just walk away from the sport altogether.

I have jumped onto the Melbourne City bandwagon, although I never really cared much about Adelaide before then.

Funnily enough I said the same thing. Then again jd you've sort of had something similar and I wouldn't say many blues fans jumped ship, even after a decade of being rather ordinary as a result.

I'm just more baffled as to why someone who lives in coastal Victoria would pick Fremantle of all clubs:confused:....
Exactly that point. We were an absolute rabble in the early 2000's thanks to Elliot and have frankly been run badly ever since. But even when guys like French and Livingston were wearing navy blue I'd have to support them just like I would Kouta or Sticks.

Because they've been somewhat successful in recent times I suspect. In which case, no offence to your choice of friends, I think this particular guy is a bit of a glory hunter.
He's not a friend per say, he's a teammate and a rather shall we say eccentric one at that.

Very loose unit.

If Essendon went out of existence, I would switch to GWS to support a new team and because they're sorta the most local team.

But I would never feel the same way about GWS as I would about Essendon. I wonder if former Fitzroy supporters feel this way.

Exactly that point. We were an absolute rabble in the early 2000's thanks to Elliot and have frankly been run badly ever since. But even when guys like French and Livingston were wearing navy blue I'd have to support them just like I would Kouta or Sticks.
I still chuckle when he nearly reduced a powerful iirc foundation club? To its knees and they still named a Princess park stand after him, they renamed it though didn't they?

I still chuckle when he nearly reduced a powerful iirc foundation club? To its knees and they still named a Princess park stand after him, they renamed it though didn't they?
Yeah VFL foundation club. Stand was named after him during his tenure before the salary cap thing and removing his name was one of the first things Collins did when he took over. Thought that was a bit petty tbh. I still think we would have been better off letting Elliot stay in charge than have Collins come in just as an anti-Elliot as he brought nothing to the club other than not being him

Do find it amusing that Port Adelaide is playing West Coast at Norwood Oval.
This would be like Collingwood hosting Sydney at Optus Oval in the pre-season.
Yeah that makes no sense at all. Why wouldn't they host them at Alberton? It's available the last time I checked. Also, why is there a pre-season showdown at AAMI? I thought the stadium was done and dusted for good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a bit of it early on and thought meh....

I was the same, watched the first 2-3 episodes, thought it was pretty average, so I didn't watch another episode for months. Then a mate got into me saying you just have to watch it, so I gave it another crack and now I'm hooked and it seriously is the best show, love it!

That said I suppose it would depend how seriously they were supporters beforehand. If they were only sort of casual fans then maybe I can understand it more. But if it's someone who has supported the club for multiple years and has been a bit of a die hard fan, then that grinds my gears a bit more.
Mate, in all honesty, a lot of supporters of other clubs believe that Essendon used PEDs for 2 years, got busted when asada told vlad, shredded the evidence and have largely been the reason that the process has taken so long.

On the Messiah, Innocent men don't challenge the process, especially when his own club have stopped. They don't throw their friends under the bus.

Ahmed Saad copped a fair whack, the essendon players haven't and it has been unfair on the rest of the competitions players and clubs.

the outcome of this is quite obvious now. Asada wins due to v low burden of proof or wada appeals to cas and u lose their. At cas, there will be no backdating of deals, it'll be the full 2 years.

Just saw a bit of it early on and thought meh....
Same here, watched one episode and it seemed to be mostly based around the concept of short people having sex, didn't seem like my thing.

Still might jump on the bandwagon though (the GoT one not the midget sex one).

No itemised records of the drug, dosage and frequency of injections = guilty IMO. Might not be fair on the players but every athlete knows their responsibilities. And I'm guessing they were under a lot less pressure than the Chinese swimmers/East German weightlifters etc.

Anyway, onto more important topics. Any gardeners here? As I've seen the first sun of 2015 I've decided to mow the lawn. Last year I cleared an area around the shed and laid some grass. But mowing the lawn it's bumpy as anything. Do I flatten it with a roller? Or fill it with dirt and wait for the grass to grow over it? It's really noticeable when you compare that area of land with the established part of the garden.

I know with our lawn when plumbers had to dig up the front yard and re-laid the grass afterwards it was ridiculously bumpy to start with, but naturally flattened itself out after rain and sun etc. but it might be a bit different in England as you won't get as much sun, so I'm not sure. Perhaps try and flatten it with some dirt?

I know with our lawn when plumbers had to dig up the front yard and re-laid the grass afterwards it was ridiculously bumpy to start with, but naturally flattened itself out after rain and sun etc. but it might be a bit different in England as you won't get as much sun, so I'm not sure. Perhaps try and flatten it with some dirt?

Sand is better, spread it out and rake it until you get it nice a flat. Then water it and try and keep it damp until the grass has filled in the patches.

I guess it also depends how bumpy Moomba, you may have to grab a shovel and level it manually.

Mate, in all honesty, a lot of supporters of other clubs believe that Essendon used PEDs for 2 years, got busted when asada told vlad, shredded the evidence and have largely been the reason that the process has taken so long.

On the Messiah, Innocent men don't challenge the process, especially when his own club have stopped. They don't throw their friends under the bus.

Ahmed Saad copped a fair whack, the essendon players haven't and it has been unfair on the rest of the competitions players and clubs.

the outcome of this is quite obvious now. Asada wins due to v low burden of proof or wada appeals to cas and u lose their. At cas, there will be no backdating of deals, it'll be the full 2 years.
I'm aware of the thoughts of the supporters of other teams thanks and I really could not give that much of a s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back