Upper Murray 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Paton a confirmed departure what about Gilson, Anderson, Cooper, Reid, Renshaw and Hansen bros any word on these guys leaving?
Gilson to Thurgoona and Reid a possibility there too. Hansen Bros if they play will be at Corryong and I've heard Renshaw is Coaching the Reserves at CDHBU in the Hume aleague

Matt McNamara would be a good replacement or Gilson. No clearance online or Gilson yet just Paton. Is Gilson a definite?

Heard a few rumours that James paton had a falling out there and is on the move
Word was if Nicholas went back to doing the job again he was off to another club. Surprised he didn't go back to Culcairn, had a lot of success running around in the Hume league. Maybe Corryong should of appointed Rjinbeek as coach to retain a few more. I don't think they'd be to worried if some of those older, heavier boys move on as they looked a little slow on g/f day. Tumba 3 coaches in 3 years be interesting if they drop even further back in the pack, the wagga connection has been great for them but it looks like they all go back to their Farrer/Riverina league clubs after a season or two. Fenton should be a very handy pick up for Mitta as for Billy Nichol if he could get back to the form he showed from 2006-10 he'd be a great recruit up there to.

Its going to be very close at the top this year I feel. With the big gap between top 3 & bottom 3 still there which is unfortunate. Just on tumba, carey & spencer are wagga based aren't they? so you'd think they would still have some sort of connection with the wagga boys heading up. Is it too early to say it's cudgies flag to lose this year?

Word was if Nicholas went back to doing the job again he was off to another club. Surprised he didn't go back to Culcairn, had a lot of success running around in the Hume league. Maybe Corryong should of appointed Rjinbeek as coach to retain a few more. I don't think they'd be to worried if some of those older, heavier boys move on as they looked a little slow on g/f day. Tumba 3 coaches in 3 years be interesting if they drop even further back in the pack, the wagga connection has been great for them but it looks like they all go back to their Farrer/Riverina league clubs after a season or two. Fenton should be a very handy pick up for Mitta as for Billy Nichol if he could get back to the form he showed from 2006-10 he'd be a great recruit up there to.

Dont, worry the 'Wagga connection' is still alive and from what I hear, Tumba are recruting well. The Wagga boys are no different from the recruits that the other UMFL clubs pick up, they also only last a few years, its the nature of bush football. Dont ride off the kangaroos yet!!

The wagga connection can't be to good, going around poaching blokes from other upper murray clubs! Corryong/cudgewa?
Not a good way to go about recruiting in such a small league.

Don't think it's cudgewas flag to lose, I'd say it's corryongs

The wagga connection can't be to good, going around poaching blokes from other upper murray clubs! Corryong/cudgewa?

Was told aalbers of Cudgewa was offered a heap of coin to go up. Don't know if he took it or not. Although cudgey shouldn't complain. By the looks of the clearances they have poached a few from walwa.

Last edited:
Matt McNamara would be a good replacement or Gilson. No clearance online or Gilson yet just Paton. Is Gilson a definite?

Rumour has it Gilson and a mate did a bike ride from Albury to Granya on Saturday with about two
hundred other riders on the weekend averaging 40Kms/hr. So I wouldnt dismiss him not playing,just
where may be the question. Paton definitely gone to Thurgoona , will be ahuge loss but a good gain for
the Bulldogs.

Last edited:
Was told aalbers of Cudgewa was offered a heap of coin to go up. Don't know if he took it or not. Although cudgey shouldn't complain. By the looks of the clearances they have poached a few from walwa.

Looks like Cudgie have picked up a few from Walwa. How will Walwa go this year? any news on them?

Well guys season not far away. Feds seem to be most active on clearances picked up a few handy recruits A Hill maybe the pick of them all followed by cudgie with afew from walwa.Bullioh loosing Fenton and B Nichols big lost but it'sgood to see Billy back playing maybe a couple of upper murray clubs should of tried to recruit him.i think some people are jumping the gun if you think paton left corryong because of evan coaching but will be a big lost to them.Tumba will shape up alright have recruited some handy players but in saying that have lost a couple will back them to make the 4 .Will do my full preview on all sides abit closer to the season cheers max

There seems to be some quality going out of the league which is a shame. Last few years it seemed to be improving or at least the top sides were. Is deery & co staying or going?

If bullioh still have peter dean as coach you would think he'd have some contacts, they have been pretty quiet so far.

Tumba seems a bit of a mystery, not one clearance coming in & molketin & hindmarsh gone. big losses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be some quality going out of the league which is a shame. Last few years it seemed to be improving or at least the top sides were. Is deery & co staying or going?

If bullioh still have peter dean as coach you would think he'd have some contacts, they have been pretty quiet so far.

Tumba seems a bit of a mystery, not one clearance coming in & molketin & hindmarsh gone. big losses!

Bullioh seem to pretty quite too, but that has always been the case, right up until the 30 June. Yes, Molky and Hindy are big losses for Tumba, as mentioned before, I am not sure if Barnes is staying, that would be another HUGE loss given the type of player he is. What I do know, is that Marrar in the Farrar league are going to be bloody strong!

Peter Dean just turned 50 Fair effort to still be having a kick ...
Don't see any clearances in for Deery & co maybe they're staying.
Walwa getting some numbers too plenty clearances coming in from all over so maybe notch up a win or two this year.

Cleanences are rolling in pretty fast. Feds have picked up B.Ohlin . One big unit who's been killing them on the coast. No real big outs for Cudgy yet but wait and see. Walwa might be the improvers but quailty of recuirts is a big question. Bullioh will find it hard to cover any loses so not to sure what contacts Dean would have. Maybe Ang Christou and Mil Hanna could help him out. Maybe Kouta could play a one off game...

Cleanences are rolling in pretty fast. Feds have picked up B.Ohlin . One big unit who's been killing them on the coast. No real big outs for Cudgy yet but wait and see. Walwa might be the improvers but quailty of recuirts is a big question. Bullioh will find it hard to cover any loses so not to sure what contacts Dean would have. Maybe Ang Christou and Mil Hanna could help him out. Maybe Kouta could play a one off game...

Does anyone know any of the new recruits that Walwa have signed? Looks like Corryong and Bullioh are keeping their cards close to their chest in relation to comings and goings. Big blow for Tumba, Barnes has moved to WA. Welcome back Blue Boy!!

Does anyone know any of the new recruits that Walwa have signed? Looks like Corryong and Bullioh are keeping their cards close to their chest in relation to comings and goings. Big blow for Tumba, Barnes has moved to WA. Welcome back Blue Boy!!

Few clearances rolling in for bullioh couple from O&M clubs. Curran will be a big loss they tell me he was one of their best last year.

Demonroo did tumba have their Annual Dubbo trip on the weekend? Any news how they looked? Did they get decent numbers

Few clearances rolling in for bullioh couple from O&M clubs. Curran will be a big loss they tell me he was one of their best last year.

Demonroo did tumba have their Annual Dubbo trip on the weekend? Any news how they looked? Did they get decent numbers

Yep, Tumba travelled to Dubbo and won by about 100 points, they had a few players out due to cricket finals and some players were unavailable. I believe they had to borrow two players from the Demons. Haven't heard about individual players but will get some news this weekend. Any other clubs participating in trial matches?

.....or Khan McMahon (AKA Darren Jarman)

Looking at the latest clearances, the Tumba / Wagga connection is still strong. Still a couple of signings to add to their lineup. Mark Parr is back to the Roos, after a year with East Wagga Kooringal. Mark will be an asset in the backline. Whats happening at the kennel?

Well guys will start my preveiw of this season how i think the sides will finish on the ladder going by gains/losses so far and will reevaluate after rnd5 [clubs still lodgeing clearances]
FEDRALS-
Have picked up 8 new players with afew to come.Spent most of last season without H.Tyrell and J.Jarvis,on clearances have only lost 4 players but need to add depht to their ressies to cover any injuries they get during the season.The pick of there recruits not taking anything away from the others A.Hill should give them plenty of drive in the mid-feild also bringing the ball out of the backline. B.Ohlin will give them a target up forward also helping out in the ruck expect him to kick around 50/60gls.
Would like to see J.Jarvis off halfback has agood kick ,footy smart and a good carrier of the ball.H.Tyrell at CHB would really strengthen them across that line and you can use him in the ruck down back.A.Williams mid-feild/half/forward will need a handy player on him,rarely playe a bad game but age is catching up to him.The player i think will be the XFACTOR if he returns to the club and play abig roll in feds getting top spot SMEDS [Prediction 1st]

Well guys will start my preveiw of this season how i think the sides will finish on the ladder going by gains/losses so far and will reevaluate after rnd5 [clubs still lodgeing clearances]
FEDRALS-
Have picked up 8 new players with afew to come.Spent most of last season without H.Tyrell and J.Jarvis,on clearances have only lost 4 players but need to add depht to their ressies to cover any injuries they get during the season.The pick of there recruits not taking anything away from the others A.Hill should give them plenty of drive in the mid-feild also bringing the ball out of the backline. B.Ohlin will give them a target up forward also helping out in the ruck expect him to kick around 50/60gls.
Would like to see J.Jarvis off halfback has agood kick ,footy smart and a good carrier of the ball.H.Tyrell at CHB would really strengthen them across that line and you can use him in the ruck down back.A.Williams mid-feild/half/forward will need a handy player on him,rarely playe a bad game but age is catching up to him.The player i think will be the XFACTOR if he returns to the club and play abig roll in feds getting top spot SMEDS [Prediction 1st]

Early Prediction

Cudgewa
Federals
Bullioh
Corryong
Tumba
Walwa

No major news in recruiting. Feds look like they are on track to have good numbers. Corry probably have no one with nicholas coaching again and lost some good senior players. Peter dean's contacts are all in retirement homes and cudgewa look like they lost a few quality players but still think it's there's to go back to back. Poor walwa will surely snatched a win or two. Looking forward to choppers predictions.

Early Prediction

Cudgewa
Federals
Bullioh
Corryong
Tumba
Walwa

No major news in recruiting. Feds look like they are on track to have good numbers. Corry probably have no one with nicholas coaching again and lost some good senior players. Peter dean's contacts are all in retirement homes and cudgewa look like they lost a few quality players but still think it's there's to go back to back. Poor walwa will surely snatched a win or two. Looking forward to choppers predictions.

I dont know what your drinking down that way, but the Roos will definately not finish 5th. They have recruited well, with the likes of Mark Parr, Bryce Campton, Drew Mitchell and Vaughan Winnell. Parr at full back will mark up well on Ohlin (he will need too. just looking at his stats when he played for Bermagui last year he carved the opposition up) If Tumba has kept Josh Campbell, Gordon Wollstencroft and can convince Kane McNamarra to play, they will prove be formidable.

My early predictions

Tumba v Feds in GF - Tumba win
Cudgewa
Corryong
Bullioh
Walwa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back