NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some big clearances from the Burners - great players over many years - any news on new signings ?:cool:

Demons played YCW @ YCW, they'd have to look forward to away games!

Pretty even contest, we were missing a few key personnel in Dec, Bangers, Rick, Turtle, Disco, Jimma Howie And prob 3 or so other senior players! But had Wingnut back for a run!
Sauce Turner played a ripper, Sauce Bish played his usual solid game!
Joey looked in good nick returning from his knee injury.
Recruit, Dan Allen looks handy enough!
Binks was good early! Copped a corky and didn't play after that!
Wingnut looks way better in Blue & Red than Blue & Gold

Demons played YCW @ YCW, they'd have to look forward to away games!

Pretty even contest, we were missing a few key personnel in Dec, Bangers, Rick, Turtle, Disco, Jimma Howie And prob 3 or so other senior players! But had Wingnut back for a run!
Sauce Turner played a ripper, Sauce Bish played his usual solid game!
Joey looked in good nick returning from his knee injury.
Recruit, Dan Allen looks handy enough!
Binks was good early! Copped a corky and didn't play after that!
Wingnut looks way better in Blue & Red than Blue & Gold
Bendigo boys reckoning Wingnut heading home...bit of a fallout at square...whats the story truck u fellas a chance...would b good to see him back at wyche

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burn have been busy....

Burn played Colbo on Saturday, was a good hit out, Colbo a very handy unit. Some massive blokes running around and they gave the Redbacks a touch up, 10 goals by the end of it, wouldn't surprise me if they gave North Bendigo a run for their money this year. Wedderburn had 4 senior players out, Bell, Jake Deaurgo, Pat Jennings and Strange. I'm sure Colbo had a couple out as well so take from that what you will. Danny Benaim has been on fire in both praccy matches, moving through full forward/Centre half forward along with Rosa, Ben Deaurgo and the resting ruckman. Not sure if it will stretch other backlines or be to top heavy, time will soon tell.
Round 1 V Charlton will be a great spectacle.
Whats everyone's predictions for the ladder or even top 2?

Burn played Colbo on Saturday, was a good hit out, Colbo a very handy unit. Some massive blokes running around and they gave the Redbacks a touch up, 10 goals by the end of it, wouldn't surprise me if they gave North Bendigo a run for their money this year. Wedderburn had 4 senior players out, Bell, Jake Deaurgo, Pat Jennings and Strange. I'm sure Colbo had a couple out as well so take from that what you will. Danny Benaim has been on fire in both praccy matches, moving through full forward/Centre half forward along with Rosa, Ben Deaurgo and the resting ruckman. Not sure if it will stretch other backlines or be to top heavy, time will soon tell.
Round 1 V Charlton will be a great spectacle.
Whats everyone's predictions for the ladder or even top 2?
No Herdy, no Barnes has paved a path for another power forward! You pulling the boots on? Or taken off already?

Going by their clearances they wouldn't have much room left for any more recruits if they are hanging on to everyone from last year!
I was gunna go and watch my old town play the Maggies this week but have just checked out the team to see what Dads I might be able to catch up with......only two bloody players who would have played their junior footy at Birchip.....Jake Noonan and Sean Hogan! What's the bloody point .....May as well go and watch a Loddon Valley game and save petrol.

I was gunna go and watch my old town play the Maggies this week but have just checked out the team to see what Dads I might be able to catch up with......only two bloody players who would have played their junior footy at Birchip.....Jake Noonan and Sean Hogan! What's the bloody point .....May as well go and watch a Loddon Valley game and save petrol.

Didn't miss much of a game by the sounds of it! Bulls will have plenty of options up forward, Gilmore nailed 10 in his first game of NCFL, must be thinking this is a backwater league!
Interesting to note that the Bulls 2's only beat the Magpies by 12 points, no depth for the Bulls? Or are a few of the old fellas playing in the Boort 2's going to have to play seniors to help out the kids!

Burners looked to still have their foot on the gas with a big win over the Navys.
Needsy the difference at St Arnuad, Wyches shots on goal very costly still within 12 points early in the final term! A lot of easy goals missed.

Didn't miss much of a game by the sounds of it! Bulls will have plenty of options up forward, Gilmore nailed 10 in his first game of NCFL, must be thinking this is a backwater league!
Interesting to note that the Bulls 2's only beat the Magpies by 12 points, no depth for the Bulls? Or are a few of the old fellas playing in the Boort 2's going to have to play seniors to help out the kids!

Burners looked to still have their foot on the gas with a big win over the Navys.
Needsy the difference at St Arnuad, Wyches shots on goal very costly still within 12 points early in the final term! A lot of easy goals missed.

Not sure about the bulls depth truck but probably correct in the second part of that statement. After injuries to the players that lined up at FF and FB in the Pies senior side, "old fellas" like Perryman and Gooding may have to step up to the main game to help the young boys develop. A long season ahead for the young magpie squad.

Truck is it true you have made your way to the other end of the ground and are kicking bags J Brown style

Truck is it true you have made your way to the other end of the ground and are kicking bags J Brown style

I wouldn't degrade the great man by comparing him to me!
But yes after years of watching the footy sail over my head through the goals I am enjoying the transition into a lazy forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back