Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I have no time for people who drop off when your club starts to lose games .I don't like footy park but I went every week for MY club ...not going cause you don't like the way we play ,were losing ,don't like the stadium or its raining (kids fair enough) is a weak as piss cop out.
Its like running the marathon and seeing people join the race 400m from the finish....grinds my gears
Ps My Dad was a Central District Supporter ....no way was I flowing that tripe!!

Talking to a woman at work today and she took her 6 yr old out to Auskick last week and when they got there virtually all the kids were wearing teal, she said it was like a sea and her kid was the lonely one wearing Crows colours, she said she was horrified and her boy started crying.
Lolled. Lolled hard.

You've picked the wrong horse, son.

I may sound like a w*nker, but if they ever sink to the unprofessional, lazy and insipid lows of 2008-2012 again, I'll leave and I'll never come back.

I can handle a club rebuilding, I'm realistic and rational enough to understand that a club can't be successful year in, year out.

All I expect is that the players and staff give it their all. If they won't, then I won't support them. Pretty simple.

That being said, I highly doubt we'll see the club in such a state again.
This is why I'm still skeptical as to whether we're a sustainable club yet. Our Supporter base seems very fragile, it'll be interesting to see what our supporters do if we get into another down period

This is why I'm still skeptical as to whether we're a sustainable club yet. Our Supporter base seems very fragile, it'll be interesting to see what our supporters do if we get into another down period
This is why the club is working hard on having demand exceed supply for 11 game memberships. We'll then have those ready to replace people who are there purely due to on-field performance. We had a cluster * of poor performance, poor game day experience, a crow branded stadium out away from everything, poor player attitude (some), moving away from being Port and the feeling the club had no control (our license).

Everything has / is being done so that of those only the inevitable performance drop due to the draft cycle should apply anytime in the future. All of this should ensure our future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, I was with it until the Crows jibe. We should be above that. Our only media misstep in 2 years?

We should be above it...but it's clear from posts on this board that there are a lot who are not. Remember, that ad is meant to be a thankyou to the fans. Meaning it's a reflection of how we act and react. Also, don't just listen to the words. Look at the imagery. When saying "those who would rather be single" it shows a guy in his sixties who looks to be by himself, then when it says "than marry a Crows fan" they cut to a pretty girl barracking for Port in the stands. So the implication isn't "We don't marry Crows fans", but rather "Why would you when there's girls who are Port supporters?"

I can see where people are coming from in not liking it. It's the first "produced" ad we've done for a couple of years, so the feel is different. And mentioning the Crows, even in a negative aspect - banter or not - gives them more importance than they deserve.

But that being said, it's pretty slick. It thanks those who stuck with the club first (as it should be), those who participate in the home marches, those who travel to away games, the parents who instil a love for the club into their kids and the kids themselves, those who have a borderline obsessive nature about the club and finally, everyone who has jumped back on in the last two years.

whats wrong with bangwagoners. its impossible to maintain peoples interest always, so its good that we can get at least sometimes. its not as if the faithful didnt have their chance to get reserved seating before these randoms came on board.
Nothing wrong with getting bandwaggoners on to pump up our membership in the good days. But bandwaggoners such as Croweater who think they were justified and actually come onto this forum to tell people their reasons for staying away, claim they were strong supporters in the good years and in one case go so far as to claim credit for the club improving need to seriously look at themselves. If anything we were forced into improvement when we were given KT. Even when we were in our worst years I, and many others, could see success was just around the corner. We had players who were injured in those years and draftees with 1 or 2 years on them. Where were Hawthorn in the two years just after they had drafted Roughhead and Franklin?

The GWS loss was not an aberration, there were other games where we fell into a hole. So please, if you're going to join our club because you like our football I'll accept that. Jumping from one team to another should not be the way to go, particularly those Port supporters who went to the cows in 1991, but I can't change that. But don't give me your drivel on how you're somehow a better person. Because you're not just insulting all the supporters here who've been with Port through thick and thin but all the Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, Sydney(when they were South Melbourne), St Kilda etc. and in South Australia South Adelaide and Woodville. I've probably forgotten some but you get the idea.

We should be above it...but it's clear from posts on this board that there are a lot who are not. Remember, that ad is meant to be a thankyou to the fans. Meaning it's a reflection of how we act and react. Also, don't just listen to the words. Look at the imagery. When saying "those who would rather be single" it shows a guy in his sixties who looks to be by himself, then when it says "than marry a Crows fan" they cut to a pretty girl barracking for Port in the stands. So the implication isn't "We don't marry Crows fans", but rather "Why would you when there's girls who are Port supporters?"

I can see where people are coming from in not liking it. It's the first "produced" ad we've done for a couple of years, so the feel is different. And mentioning the Crows, even in a negative aspect - banter or not - gives them more importance than they deserve.

But that being said, it's pretty slick. It thanks those who stuck with the club first (as it should be), those who participate in the home marches, those who travel to away games, the parents who instil a love for the club into their kids and the kids themselves, those who have a borderline obsessive nature about the club and finally, everyone who has jumped back on in the last two years.

I'm with you in this. Pretty professional the way they put it together. I came here to heap praise on the advert and was surprised by people's reaction so far. The Crows jibe was a joke. Our rivalry does exist and it's an important part of what we look forward to in this state. To be honest they are import to us. Who else are we gonna crush?

We are marketing our recent tradition in the ad. Never give up, the long walk, and the struggles of our past to the stars of our future. No gimmicks, just a reflection on what has happened so far and a implied promise of more to come. And topping it off with Thank you. I think that is one of our better adverts and it was put together with very clever marketing psychology.

Ugh, I was with it until the Crows jibe. We should be above that. Our only media misstep in 2 years?

Yep, should never mention another club in your membership ad.

I also think we could have done without the scoreboard v the Hawks.

It just looks to me like yesterday morning, Kochie woke up and thought, s**t, our season launch is tonight, we need a membership ad. Rang the guys at the club and told them they had 10 hours to put something together.

But hey ho, we have bigger fish to fry this season than a membership ad no one will remember once the season starts.

Yep, should never mention another club in your membership ad.

I also think we could have done without the scoreboard v the Hawks.

It just looks to me like yesterday morning, Kochie woke up and thought, s**t, our season launch is tonight, we need a membership ad. Rang the guys at the club and told them they had 10 hours to put something together.

But hey ho, we have bigger fish to fry this season than a membership ad no one will remember once the season starts.

Lol. Our previous two efforts were 10 hour jobs.

I swear there are people on here who just love to complain. There's nothing wrong with the ad. But if the voiceover is a problem, guess what? They can do another one and still use the same footage.

I'm with you in this. Pretty professional the way they put it together. I came here to heap praise on the advert and was surprised by people's reaction so far. The Crows jibe was a joke. Our rivalry does exist and it's an important part of what we look forward to in this state. To be honest they are import to us. Who else are we gonna crush?

We are marketing our recent tradition in the ad. Never give up, the long walk, and the struggles of our past to the stars of our future. No gimmicks, just a reflection on what has happened so far and a implied promise of more to come. And topping it off with Thank you. I think that is one of our better adverts and it was put together with very clever marketing psychology.
Agree

Unfortunately we have to appease to a larger audience than we used to.
We're a pretty small minority of port fans these days and our marketing team has to be relatable to the know-nothing bandwagoner who refers to us as port power and doesn't know why we're not playing Ryder in the Ansett Cup.

Lol. Our previous two efforts were 10 hour jobs.

I swear there are people on here who just love to complain. There's nothing wrong with the ad. But if the voiceover is a problem, guess what? They can do another one and still use the same footage.

Just because my views aren't always the same as yours, doesn't mean I'm complaining.

You like it, I don't, so what.

I cringed reading that there was a Crows jibe.

Watched the ad.

"Would rather be single... than marry a Crows supporter."

That's it? That's fine. Harmless banter and not even close to being a focal point of the ad. Not even a go at the Crows, just a reference to the rivalry.

Not amazing, but decent enough.

The less we mention the Crows the better.

In fact let's stop comparing membership numbers to them because it really doesn't matter. Even if they had 100,000 members I couldn't care less. We will have 60,000 members this year! * everyone else we are growing at a ridiculously fast rate and we show no signs of stopping any time soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back