2nds Practice Match #2 - Richmond vs Collingwood at Punt Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Described by the Richmond supporters as unathletic ordinary and sprayed his kicks.

TD has never been one to let the truth get in the way of a good story though
I might head to the Tigers' lair to assess the savagery of their mauling of McKenzie. There was a school of thought that he should have been taken with one of our first picks. Today he was apparently monstered by Moore and murdered by Marsh!

Well was great to see the Kids Dominate a game after watching our Pathetic Effort vs the Dogs.

My Thoughts:

• De Goey against Showed why he is so Highly Rated. Did not get a Huge Amount of Touches 17. But got 6 Clearnces:thumbsu: He used the ball very very well. Loved a Goal he Kicked from a Clearnce. Made a Very Strong Case to play RD 1
  • Moore had a Solid game for his 1st Full Game back after Toe Injury. Played on McKenzie for most of the Time - Played FB. He beat McKenzie as he just punched the Ball away when it went his way. Also read’s the Ball well. His Punches where well Directed. 1 he reached over 2 Guys and Punched the ball straight to a Collingwood Player. Exciting to see how he goes after more games under his belt. Ball did not get Kicked his way Much
  • Broomhead was great to see how much he got the Footy. Uses is it with Class. IF he can do that at AFL Level. He be a Massive Help
  • Armstrong was named in Best but I thought he was Ordinary
  • Kennedy was very Busy and got lot of the Hard-Ball
  • Witts was good and hopefully he can Help Grundy in RD 1. Witts took some strong Mark up forward
  • Karnezis had good 1st Half sadly went missing in 2nd Half
  • Abbott had some nice moment. Kicked some Lovely Goals and Used the Ball Well
  • Good to See Grundy Sitting with Peter Moore
You got a mention on the Richmond board

Douche bag Collingwood fan is cheering like its a full AFL game and screaming at umpires or yelling at players like "great effort 33" "that's soft 40"

Well who else could that be.!

From Richmond board:

'McKennzie started looking handy in the third. Got easy separation on Darcy Moore (I think) on the lead and pulled in a great one hander. Moore outbodied him too easy though in contests. Also a bit of a horror kick of the ball.'

'Mckennzie one good lead and mark but sprayed the kick. '

That's basically it. There is not match happening on the Richmond board. Everything is written in mono-words and mono-sentences. Sentences largely follow a subject-verb-object (if you're lucky) structure without diversions, support or elaboration to bulk-up posts. The game thread only goes 3 pages and probably includes hundred of posters. It's an eye-opener entering the cyber world of their supporters. Calling one of our more prominent and respected supporters a 'douche bag' is laughable given the quality of contributions to their thread. If you want to feel good about yourself and your black and white world, visit the forums of our opponents.

I'm ******* fuming right now. Tonight could well have been my only opportunity to see the Pies live all year. I was so keen to go but didn't on the advice it wasn't open to the public. A+ for organising this one Collingwood and Richmond. Feel like I just got spat in the eye.

P.S lukem as a link back to club could you please relay back to the club some supporters actually care about these games. This interstate supporter is feeling pretty let down.
----------------------------

There's a man who doesn't read BF or the Club website closely enough...replace the dummy

We should've had another pick up our sleeve in the first place. I could delist 10 blokes on the list that won't be as a good Mckenzie.

We did.

That's why we've been able to promote Frost as a nominated rookie.

Unimpressive?? Apart from one fan saying he started to get in to in the 3rd he hardly got a mention. He's 18. Pull your head in.

And yet you think we should have drafted him because he kicked two goals.....I'm confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ******* fuming right now. Tonight could well have been my only opportunity to see the Pies live all year. I was so keen to go but didn't on the advice it wasn't open to the public. A+ for organising this one Collingwood and Richmond. Feel like I just got spat in the eye.

P.S lukem as a link back to club could you please relay back to the club some supporters actually care about these games. This interstate supporter is feeling pretty let down.

It originally was a closed session because the facilities apparently weren't up to scratch.

There's an AFL requirement that a pie and chip van must be in attendance, and RFC were unable to find one that would work on Thursdays.

The fans of both clubs were threatening to simply watch from the fence and the crowds would have spilled out onto Punt Rd and blocked traffic - sending Melbourne into total gridlock during the afternoon peak.

RFC considered putting up black plastic but quickly realised CFC and RFC supporters would be carrying blades as a matter of course.

The police got involved, and calculated that they would need the full riot squad in attendance to keep CFC and RFC supporters from watching their beloved VFL teams play. It got escalated up to the police minister who pleaded with RFC to open the game up to supporters, even offering to send a staffed divvy van down to the game to sell cold pies and potato crisps out the back. That idea ran foul of AFL ground regulations which clearly stipulate that chips must be "hot" ... but curiously no such criterion is applied to meat pies.

RFC relented a few days ago, opening up the game and making their supporters promise not to dob them into the AFL.

Unfortunately CFC supporters weren't in on the deal. TradeDraft got peeved that he couldn't buy hot chips and he's in the process of launching a rant thread about it now ... and as you and I both know, Gillan McLaughlin spends his days trawling through BigFooty.

This is going to be a scandal of ASADA proportions! :eek: **

** I might have embellished a little, but that's the general gist of what happened

Last edited:
How can you not laugh with comments like this?

And that's why their club hasn't won a premiership since Malcolm Fraser (Rest in Peace) was Prime Minister. What a mentality! Diehard supporters being openly glad the second best midfielder in the comp isn't at their club, just because he cracked a joke with the security guards...:drunk:
I'm pretty sure the guy was making a joke. I'm sure I saw a post later in the thread by the same guy saying how much of a genuinely good bloke Pendles is.

Edit: beaten to it by DERKADERRR

----------------------------

There's a man who doesn't read BF or the Club website closely enough...replace the dummy

Some advanced notice would have been appreciated. When was this game announced? Months ago? Like I alluded to I'm down here from QLD, I don't have my usual access to the internet and my eye wasn't out for it after it was announced it was closed to the public. It's poor planning and a missed opportunity. Closed because of no chip vans? FMD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back