Media Qox Sports Media Presents: The Virgin Cup Season 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Let them underrate us... It'll be more embarrassing for them when we conquer the Qooty world

Underrating implies that you're doing better than I think you are.

The facts say you're not.

Lift your game.

Underrating implies that you're doing better than I think you are.

The facts say you're not.

Lift your game.
You've been given your head start. Now bend over and assume the position

Round 6

Danoz and I have been literally locked in a room for the last 3 days debating this one. With so many nominees putting their hands up, it was never going to be easy. jackenny, SpudsLoveChild, toxic and go you pups have all had fantastic starts to Season 19 but after 72 hours, 24 Red Bulls, 3 packets of smokes and a game of Canasta we have finally settled on the more than worthy Aussie Assault.

Averaging 94.65 Exie Points a game, AA has certainly had a cracking season so far but last weeks game was certainly up there as one of his best. 25 disposals and 3 goals in a one goal win is a sensational performance. He also had the better of fellow nominee bgt2110, which also adds a bit of a cherry on top.

Couple that with his reliable and consistent posting and AA undoubtedly is a rookie going places.

After a dodgy Season 18, filled with controversy and uncertainty, finding a player the calibre of AA must give the Bandits and its captain Gee Dub... sorry Beng a great deal of confidence.

Some highlights from last weeks game:

1 : 21.1 {lW} - Easty sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
1 : 21.15 {rW} - Quick hands to bgt2110.
1 : 21.19 {rW} - What a tackle by Aussie Assault.
1 : 21.23 {lW} - Aussie Assault has a paddock.

3 : 11.52 {rHBF} - Bigeasy nearly got done for running too far but he remembers to bounce at last.
3 : 11.56 {rW} - Bigeasy has another.
3 : 12 {lW} - He elects to use Aussie Assault and kicks in that direction.
3 : 12.04 {lW} - Aussie Assault sits on the head of bgt2110! Great mark.

3 : 20.23 {C} - Bigeasy taps it down.
3 : 20.31 {lW} - Aussie Assault breaks free and has found some space.
3 : 20.36 {lW} - Aussie Assault fifty-five out - backs himself.
3 : 20.4 {lW} - This will be - and is - a goal to Aussie Assault.
Gold City Royals : 11.9.75
Baghdad Bandits : 13.2.80

3 : 23.21 {rW} - He gets a handpass to sverik25.
3 : 23.25 {rW} - sverik25 is crunched in a tackle.
3 : 23.28 {lW} - Aussie Assault picks it up on the bounce.

4 : 3.25 {lW} - A wild kick laterally towards Aussie Assault.
4 : 3.3 {lW} - All up but nobody can take the mark.
4 : 3.34 {lW} - Nobody's checking Aussie Assault.
4 : 3.38 {lW} - Aussie Assault attacks the goalface.
4 : 3.42 {lW} - It could be a goal. It is a goal.
Gold City Royals : 12.10.82
Baghdad Bandits : 16.2.98

4 : 18.13 {C} - He handpasses to The Old Dark Navy's.
4 : 18.17 {rW} - Kick goes sideways.
4 : 18.22 {rW} - Aussie Assault comes in from the side to intercept.
4 : 18.26 {C} - Lileasy to send the ball forward.
4 : 18.3 {lW} - Passes to Aussie Assault by hand.
4 : 18.34 {lW} - Don't tell me he's kicked it... DON'T TELL ME....
4 : 18.38 {lW} - And Aussie Assault gets it.
Gold City Royals : 14.13.97
Baghdad Bandits : 19.2.116

Well done to Aussie Assault on being the Cherry Popper for Round 6 in this seasons Virgin Cup. May your good form continue for many seasons to come.

Congrats to Aussie Assault, he was a big reason for the Bandits 6 point win. Still feeling the effects of those boot studs in the back of my head from his screamer.

Congrats to Aussie Assault, he was a big reason for the Bandits 6 point win. Still feeling the effects of those boot studs in the back of my head from his screamer.

Sorry about tjat bgt, but I think it was those 20 odd shots we were doing after the match that you're still feeling the effects of.

Neither my self nor Gee Dub are captain, its officially Shermy now.

463.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 7

13 kicks, 11 handballs, 6 tackles, 1 goal. Them's the stats of a seasoned campaigner, right? Wrong. Bandit's rookie cammo6556 overcame stiff opposition to outshine other rookies such as SpudsLoveChild, Loonerty, toxic and The Mighty Boosh to take out round 7's cherry popper award.

One might think time would allow rookies to climb a team's relevancy ladder. Owing much to consistent, relevant posting, including 21 posts in the recent match thread against the Bears, cammo has quickly risen above the dregs at the Bandits gaining himself a Qooty relevant position of ruck rover. Lining up against old-timer pantskyle appeared to hold no fears for the youngster, kicking the opening goal of the match.
1 : 2.44 {rHFF} - Huge handpass to Chaisa. As good as a kick.
1 : 2.48 {rFP} - Gets hands off within the nick of time.
1 : 2.52 {rFP} - cammo6556 wants a goal.
1 : 2.57 {rFP} - Top goal.
Las Vegas Bears : 0.0.0
Baghdad Bandits : 1.0.6
The first half was a tight battle between the rook and the vet, cammo taking possession honours while pants was practicing his needlework.
1 : 8.4 {rW} - cammo6556 tucks the ball under his arm and scoots away.
1 : 8.45 {C} - He elects to use Lileasy and kicks in that direction.
1 : 15.18 {rW} - A long looping handpass to cammo6556.
1 : 15.22 {rW} - pantskyle sews cammo6556 up in a fantastic tackle.
1 : 16 {rW} - cammo6556 on the end of this.
1 : 16.03 {rW} - He's brought down by pantskyle.
2 : 13.58 {C} - Red mist signals for his teammates to present.
2 : 14.02 {C} - A poor handpass but cammo6556 is up to the challenge.
2 : 14.06 {CHB} - Handpass to space. eth-dog runs onto it.
2 : 14.1 {CHB} - Hands it off to cammo6556.
2 : 14.15 {rW} - With his laser-like left foot.
2 : 14.19 {rW} - Matera92 claims the mark
2 : 19.54 {C} - Bashed out of the ruck duel by Beng.
2 : 20.02 {C} - cammo6556 picks it up on the bounce.
2 : 20.07 {rW} - He beckons for a lead.
A few drinks at half time. And probably before the game.
Personally I'm still drunk...
Cammo did his best to get his side back in the game late, but unfortunately his efforts went awry.
4 : 17.4 {CHF} - Hands it off to cammo6556.
4 : 17.45 {CHF} - At least fifty-five metres out.
4 : 17.49 {CHF} - cammo6556 thought he had less time than he did - sprayed it wide.
4 : 19.46 {lFP} - cammo6556 on the end of this.
4 : 19.5 {lFP} - A gimme goal coming up if cammo6556 keeps his cool.
4 : 19.54 {lFP} - And FiveStrings walks it over the goal line for a point.
Unfortunately for the Bandits, the points din't go their way, but the future looks bright with the likes of cammo6556 running the lines.

Congratulations on your round 7 nomination for the Virgin Cup.

Last edited:
Round 7

13 kicks, 11 handballs, 6 tackles, 1 goal. Them's the stats of a seasoned campaigner, right? Wrong. Bandit's rookie cammo6556 overcame stiff opposition to outshine other rookies such as SpudsLoveChild, Loonerty, toxic and The Mighty Boosh to take out round 7's cherry popper award.

One might think time would allow rookies to climb a team's relevancy ladder. Owing much to consistent, relevant posting, including 21 posts in the recent match thread against the Bears, cammo has quickly risen above the dregs at the Bandits gaining himself a Qooty relevant position of ruck rover. Lining up against old-timer pantskyle appeared to hold no fears for the youngster, kicking the opening goal of the match.

The first half was a tight battle between the rook and the vet, cammo taking possession honours while pants was practicing his needlework.

2 : 19.54 {C} - Bashed out of the ruck duel by @Bengwatkins.

Cammo did his best to get his side back in the game late, but unfortunately his efforts went awry.

Unfortunately for the Bandits, the points din't go their way, but the future looks bright with the likes of cammo6556 running the lines.

Pfft my lack of defensive ability clearly should have given me the nod.

4 : 19.46 {lFP} - cammo6556 on the end of this.
4 : 19.5 {lFP} - A gimme goal coming up if cammo6556 keeps his cool.
4 : 19.54 {lFP} - And FiveStrings walks it over the goal line for a point.

The benefits of having an cool calm and experienced fullback :cool:

Round 7

It's an honour to win this award...

Just practising the old victory speech.

I feel sorry for whoever it is ill be cutting a swathe through this weekend

It's also quite some time since I've been associated with virgins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back