News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curved, thin sash is 11/10

The poppies look pretty cool. I think they are probably a little over the top though, and its leaning towards "celebrating" ANZAC day, rather than "commemorating" it. Still, cool looking jumper and nice to see them giving it a go.

Why is the ANZAC logo on the left breast instead of the right (above to afl logo) like essendon's, collingwood's and freo's are? Just makes it look a bit inconsistent through the whole league and they kinda rushed it. I dunno, probs being a bit fussy haha
As far as I'm aware, Essendon have it correct. It should be on the players left as its over their heart, symbolising who it is they represent and why they play. Essentially it symbolises "who is in their hearts". It's the same reason why club logos are on that side too.

If they're making every club have an ANZAC Day jumper then they could've removed all the sponsors logos for that round. Would've been an appropriate touch.

Sadly it would probably be too complicated with the different contracts the sponsors have; the home and away sponsors alternate for many clubs and they have stipulations on how many games they are to have the "front of guernsey" position. Any removal of the sponsor would cause an imbalance. In the NRL I assume it'd be a bit easier because teams have the same front sponsor at home and away games

As far as I'm aware, Essendon have it correct. It should be on the players left as its over their heart, symbolising who it is they represent and why they play. Essentially it symbolises "who is in their hearts". It's the same reason why club logos are on that side too.

Here's a better picture of the new Dons jumper

4ED754C0-9976-A845-0881F43D536FF76EProduct-Tile-3.png

It's on the players right :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back