Remove this Banner Ad

rocket17

Debutant
May 18, 2007
horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
I
How many of those sides have a realistic chance of winning it top 4? Whats happened at Rupanyup a former powerhouse? why are they struggling so bad anyone?[/QUOTE

No sure why rip are struggling , I'd say it's just the combination of a small country town not as populated as they once were and being 25-30 mins from Horsham it would make it hard to attract players to the club , as for the teams with a "chance" I'd say laharum would have to start firm favourits , kalkee to challenge , swifts to challenge (unless all departures that are rumoured actually leave ) apart from that it probably comes back to maybe a Harrow and Taylor's lake (with a handy list of recruits

Westerndog11

Senior List
Feb 28, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How many of those sides have a realistic chance of winning it top 4? Whats happened at Rupanyup a former powerhouse? why are they struggling so bad anyone?
Loss of seniors players, plus generation gap in juniors, coupled with players sick of travelling. The juniors situation is improving though with junior numbers picking up and plenty of seniors numbers on the track just need to sign a few big name players and there will be a bit of a turn around in fortunes

Piglet West

Rookie
Nov 2, 2011
Horsham
AFL Club
Geelong
I see Tim Friend is heading back to the HDFL for a crack with yet another club. Thought the Swifts would've known better than to get that type of bloke into their ranks after some of their previous experiences. Anyone know if he's moving back or is he just flying back for weekends?

Frank Honesty

Draftee
Feb 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
What sort of bloke is Tim Friend, piglet? I've heard he's great around clubs and very involved and does a lot to help out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Never worried about putting the paw out for cash.
Yes, for current player(s) he would have to be the biggest club **** around. But for all that is said about him, (and by him) I have always found him to be easy to get along with.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Swifts Outs - premiership side from last year

Whitehead
Martin
Carr
Mitchell
Molan
Chavass
Hargraves
Cowen
Hey Newo,
If you are out there. Why the big list of outs at Swifts? I think most of these have been confirmed, plus you? Mantell staying though?

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, for current player(s) he would have to be the biggest club **** around. But for all that is said about him, (and by him) I have always found him to be easy to get along with.

Most importantly is he a good player? Laharum $2 flag favs with Sportsbet I see is there a good challenger in line for them?

newo

Debutant
Dec 11, 2008
Gannawarra
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey Newo,
If you are out there. Why the big list of outs at Swifts? I think most of these have been confirmed, plus you? Mantell staying though?
-Mantell definitely playing but will miss the first few with a medial strain..
-Whitehead has moved to Albury to play with Nth Albury in the O&M fl..
-Martin gone to Warraknabeal as assistant coach I think..
-Carr having a year off..
-Mitchell living in Melbourne and playing for sunshine in the WRFL..
-Molan retired
-Hargreaves living in Bairnsdale...
-Chavasse will likely play the year out..
-Cowan back to warriors to play with mates

Frank Honesty

Draftee
Feb 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I guess Friend has been to a few clubs, but the real question should be asked is why do clubs always ring him and want him to play there! He must do something right? Moose47 didn't he play for Kalkee and stick around when you's were crap?

scoremachine

Senior List
Jun 13, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Most importantly is he a good player? Laharum $2 flag favs with Sportsbet I see is there a good challenger in line for them?

Interesting that there's a market on Sportsbet. I wonder where they get there info from? Laharum are definitely favorites & will be the team to beat. Taylors Lake at $6 is a surprise thought they'd be more around the $20.
JR storm are the unknown got no doubt there top 10 players will be quality but i just wonder about there depth.

Kalkee & Edenhope/Apsley seem to be the main challengers to Laharum i would suspect.

moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
I guess Friend has been to a few clubs, but the real question should be asked is why do clubs always ring him and want him to play there! He must do something right? Moose47 didn't he play for Kalkee and stick around when you's were crap?
Yeh. He played four years at Kalkee 2003 to 2006 and won club B&F in 2004. In those years Kalkee started high up sank to bottom then climbed back up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back