Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our membership commercial has caused offence. Here, we see a Bieber clone attempt to express his feelings about it:

16jd6f.png

You'd have to call him a master of contradiction. A few years ago I would just have said that this is just a bad joke and "Sam Martin" is made up but lately I've found that this kind of sad individual with no loyalty to one club does exist.

You'd have to call him a master of contradiction. A few years ago I would just have said that this is just a bad joke and "Sam Martin" is made up but lately I've found that this kind of sad individual with no loyalty to one club does exist.
Sorry mic but I disagree twice. It does sound like a deliberate pisstake, and what's so sad about people who like the game but don't follow a team as such wanting to watch entertaining games?

Most of us watch things like FIFA World Cup finals even though we don't or may not support any of the teams playing in them.

Sorry mic but I disagree twice. It does sound like a deliberate pisstake, and what's so sad about people who like the game but don't follow a team as such wanting to watch entertaining games?

Most of us watch things like FIFA World Cup finals even though we don't or may not support any of the teams playing in them.

They aren't sad, as much as absurd. Australia are in the FIFA world cup don't you know?

They aren't sad, as much as absurd. Australia are in the FIFA world cup don't you know?
In the semi or grand finals? Must have missed that WC.

In the semi or grand finals? Must have missed that WC.
The finals.

The last game no, but they are in the comp, so when you watch other games you are watching opponents, previous opponents or dreaming about it being your team.

When you have NO team at all, you are just watching blokes kick a bag of air around.

The finals.

The last game no, but they are in the comp, so when you watch other games you are watching opponents, previous opponents or dreaming about it being your team.

When you have NO team at all, you are just watching blokes kick a bag of air around.
What about in the years between 1974 and 2006?
Cricket finals when Australia is not playing?
Rugby, both types? Heck even concerts and operas.

Fact is something that is expected to be entertaining will attract spectators, something that isn't will not.
The trick is turning spectators into hard core supporters but there is nothing sad or unusual about people willing to spend money on entertainment.

Suburbism (judging people based on the suburb they live in) really shits me off
In this case I think I am justified in using the Stereotype, not classism/suburbism, Stereotype.

Wears hat 3-4 inches higher than he should, like on top of his head.
His occupation is "Graffiti" something and used to work as a "GANGSTER"...
Also did you see his facebook comments, we aren't talking about the next Einstein.

In this case I think I am justified in using the Stereotype, not classism/suburbism, Stereotype.

Wears hat 3-4 inches higher than he should, like on top of his head.
His occupation is "Graffiti" something and used to work as a "GANGSTER"...
Also did you see his facebook comments, we aren't talking about the next Einstein.

Those people exist en masse in Blackwood, Unley, Goodwood, Brighton, pretty much everywhere. They really do. But anyway.

The players' top 50 is so much better than anything any journo has come up with, ever.
The player's aren't the most trustworthy either.
The twitter accounts and interview video's most say they don't watch AFL games.
They only see each opposing team's players at most 3 times and of those only the ones that weren't injured and were selected to play and who was in their part of the ground for the game..
Some of the idea's on how the others team's games went and which players really were the best on field most likely is from the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players' top 50 is so much better than anything any journo has come up with, ever.

The mind of many beat the mind of few 9 times out of 10. Journo's are equally as dumb as the players, when they're expected to come up with a top 50 and haven't seen much of a club they go off 1 or 2 viewings and stats. Players do the same but the outliers are eliminated by the large scale. Bigfooty top 50 is generally a great list due to saturation of different supporters and people who are addicted to watching as many games as possible.

Sure, a few years ago I followed Cameroon through their World Cup run with great interest. And I used to watch Richmond's games in the VFL before it became the AFL. But in neither case would I have described myself as a supporter. Although you do sound right about the veracity of the post, although I have come across people like this I have also come across internet trolls who just want to start arguments, and there are much more of the latter.

Sure, a few years ago I followed Cameroon through their World Cup run with great interest.

Cameroon in the 1990 world cup were amazing.. Roger Milla a 38 year old virtual unknown was tearing apart established star defences... was amazing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back