Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually catch QF409 to work on a Monday morning and QF442 home on Friday.

I really like the 409 because everyone shuts up and goes to sleep. The 442 can get a bit rowdy of a Friday afternoon. In fact once someone spoke to me. I didn't acknowledge them I just put my headphones on and turned up the music.

I really feared for my life that day.

I regularly catch the early morning Grange line train staying aboard for it's transfer into the Gawler line train from Adelaide station. No major difference really.
The Gawler line evening train into Adelaide is a completely different matter.

This. In the morning it's all the workers and normal people. Any time around 4:30 or later, it quickly starts to go down hill as the bogan conglomerate stir from their collective drug stupors around 2pm.

I usually catch QF409 to work on a Monday morning and QF442 home on Friday.

I really like the 409 because everyone shuts up and goes to sleep. The 442 can get a bit rowdy of a Friday afternoon. In fact once someone spoke to me. I didn't acknowledge them I just put my headphones on and turned up the music.

I really feared for my life that day.

At least you can sit in comfort knowing everyone has paid for their ticket. Unlike the train, where I enjoy watching people not pay and then get scissored by the transport police.

Okay so the Gawler Line...

"The curry and the degenerates"

So I hopped on the packed train with a minute to spare before it was due to leave, I had to stand, even the standing room was super crowded. Anyway, the train left on time, however as soon as the doors closed and the train left the station (the perfect timing as the train was at maximum capacity with not a whole lot of ventilation) - this Indian fellow ripped out a massive curry from his backpack and started eating, my god the stench, I mean holy s**t. He was literally ruining the entire train trip for everyone on the carriage. There was a large lady sitting next to him who commenced pulling all sorts of faces of complete and utter disdain, however she strategically decided to make her already obvious irritation even more obvious. She turned away from the fellow with the curry (who was in a window seat) and she had her back to him with her feet in the isle, continuing to pull funny faces. He continued gorging himself, with his headphones in completely oblivious to the havoc he was wreaking on all the passengers.

Just as I was going to message miss feel about the lulz (she was sitting parallel to where I was, but obviously we don't want to discuss these things in the open), she sent a text to me first saying "oh my god that curry STAAAANK, but also look to your right. That young lady with her huge sewing bag that says "keep calm and sow on" and her boyfriend are definitely...different." so I turned to my right and lold that I hadn't spotted this action sooner, as I eavesdropped and heard them talking about cat-kin (furries) and the up-coming comic con, and what they were going to dress up as. Jesus Christ, I thought. Never a dull moment.

Then Miss Feel texts me again, "look at the large lady next to the curry man.", the lady had begun inching further and further away from the Indian guy, so much so that she was right on the edge of her seat, just to make her dislike even MORE obvious. I thought, "He is going to have a bad time, his cricket side is getting thrashed and now this lady is looking ready to unleash."

A few stops go by, not much changes, the degenerates continue to dribble s**t about sewing and making furry costumes, their stop comes up and her massive sewing bag falls over into my leg and she loudly pronounces "SORRY, MY SEWING BAG TRIED TO KILL YOU." Yeah, whatever. Anyway they hopped off, and so did the large lady next to the Indian fellow. The train was emptying a bit now. However some odd looking fellow with a bucket hat saw my jacket and commented "THAT'S A NICE JACKET, KEEP YOU WARM IN THE VICTORIAN MOUNTAINS", "the **** is going on?" I thought, what the **** do the Victorian mountains have to do with anything? "yeah thanks, heh heh" I replied. Then I get a text from miss feel again, "dude...is he crying?"

I look at the Indian guy, who has started absolutely bawling his eyes out and tries to hide it in his jacket. Miss Feel goes "Oh my god, I hope he didn't see my texts! This is so awkward." she goes super red in the face worried it was her fault. I think to myself "Is he upset that people have been giving him filthy looks and avoiding him? Now I feel bad." I watch him for a bit, he composes himself and some more time passes, the train is over half empty and miss feel and I now have seats next to each other.

Suddenly he starts bawling his eyes out, even worse than the first time, completely heaving and struggling to not make noise. Miss Feel goes "I feel bad, maybe we should ask if he is alright?", then as she says this, the weird fellow who commented on my jacket gets up and goes to the curry man and says "Are you alright?" (what a champ, genuine nice guy.) to which the Indian wails "it's my dad, he's gone." to which this really hits home to me having lost my dad when I was younger. The guy says "That's awful, how old was he?" to which the Indian replies "50." as he continues to really cry his heart out. I ask miss feel, "do you have some tissues in your handbag? he is crying into his jacket." she does and hands me some, so I got up and handed him some tissues to which he was very thankful and I said "I've been there, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. All the best." and he calmed down, our stop came up and that was it...or was it.

Miss feel and I needed to do some shopping, so we headed down to the Elizabeth centre. Literally as soon as we walk in, my retail experience kicked in and I saw a group of teenagers and I said to miss feel "Those three are looking to steal. They have that look." and not 30 seconds later - I saw them start dumping things they had intended to steal into the fridge cabinets, turns out a woolies staffer had been following them and watching them. He then approached them to order them to leave the store. I said to miss feel "Bang, told you so." of course, the teenagers (male and two females) started kicking up a fuss "**** YOU campaigner, YOU THINK I WAS ******* GONNA STEAL A MARS BAR? YEAH RIGHT campaigner ******* campaigner **** YOU, LOOK AT YOU campaigner THINKING YOU ARE ALL TOUGH AND s**t, WHY YOU PICKING ON US YOU UGLY campaigner, **** YOU" as they are ejected from the store and the staff member looks nonplussed as if he has dealt with it a thousand times before (I know that feel.)

Miss feel and I finished our shop, and went home literally exhausted from a typical day on the Gawler line and northern suburbs in general. I hope the Indian gentleman is coping alright, and I hope those filthy degenerate teenagers got put down like the rabies infested animals they are.
View attachment 119083

Still no excuse for the curry. There are signs everywhere. Campaigner!

So I was on my to the Highway to watch the Superb Owl a couple months ago and my journey would take me via the fabled Gawler Line.

Getting on at Elizabeth, I made my way towards the ticket vending machine to buy my first daytrip since Hawke was in The Lodge. Behind me in the queue was a freshly-minted African gent and an old, bald, "Centraaaaals" TransAdelaide guy watching us both like a hawk. While I'm paying on my card, my sub-Saharan brother from Danny Glover was waiting patiently with a $5 note in his hand.

"It doesn't take notes sir, you'll have to ask one of your fellow passengers for change", says the TA guy in the sort of abrasive manner preferred by nightclub bouncers who card Gandalf, but usher knickerless schoolgirls through like the Columbine kids have taken aim at the queue.

*Sudagalese fella stands there sheepishly for a moment, not quite knowing what to do*

"Don't just stand there. You must buy a ticket. Ask someone here for change", insists the TA guy who at this point may as well have had a flashing neon sign above his head saying I FAILED THE COP EXAM/STARTED A HURRICANE KATRINA FANPAGE.

Now I don't know whether he was shy or couldn't quite understand the point, but my Nubian commuter just kept standing there. So despite juggling my card, wallet, phone and ticket (the struggle, it's genuine), I went over and swapped him a handful of dollar coins for his fiver before he got chewed out even more, fined or found himself chained up on a plantation.

I guess what I'm saying is does this provide me with an "I'm not racist because" get out of jail card for the next 6 months or can I spread it out for the full 12 you reckon?

So I was on my to the Highway to watch the Superb Owl a couple months ago and my journey would take me via the fabled Gawler Line.

Getting on at Elizabeth, I made my way towards the ticket vending machine to buy my first daytrip since Hawke was in The Lodge. Behind me in the queue was a freshly-minted African gent and an old, bald, "Centraaaaals" TransAdelaide guy watching us both like a hawk. While I'm paying on my card, my sub-Saharan brother from Danny Glover was waiting patiently with a $5 note in his hand.

"It doesn't take notes sir, you'll have to ask one of your fellow passengers for change", says the TA guy in the sort of abrasive manner preferred by nightclub bouncers who card Gandalf, but usher knickerless schoolgirls through like the Columbine kids have taken aim at the queue.

*Sudagalese fella stands there sheepishly for a moment, not quite knowing what to do*

"Don't just stand there. You must buy a ticket. Ask someone here for change", insists the TA guy who at this point may as well have had a flashing neon sign above his head saying I FAILED THE COP EXAM/STARTED A HURRICANE KATRINA FANPAGE.

Now I don't know whether he was shy or couldn't quite understand the point, but my Nubian commuter just kept standing there. So despite juggling my card, wallet, phone and ticket (the struggle, it's genuine), I went over and swapped him a handful of dollar coins for his fiver before he got chewed out even more, fined or found himself chained up on a plantation.

I guess what I'm saying is does this provide me with an "I'm not racist because" get out of jail card for the next 6 months or can I spread it out for the full 12 you reckon?
Calling someone from South Sudan a Nubian lost you all your points.

I said South Sudan? #backfire

You mention his level of hirsuteness, as a decendant of Nubians myself (apparently) we are less hirsute than our southern cousins.

You also said Sub-Saharan...so yes, it was south :)

You mention his level of hirsuteness, as a decendant of Nubians myself (apparently) we are less hirsute than our southern cousins.

rlGsz24.jpg

I...

rlGsz24.jpg

... I did?

You also said Sub-Saharan...so yes, it was south :)

I also said Sudagalese - a portmanteau of Senegalese and Sudanese. He's from all points of the compass. Chidda life.

rlGsz24.jpg

I...

rlGsz24.jpg

... I did?

I also said Sudagalese - a portmanteau of Senegalese and Sudanese. He's from all points of the compass. Chidda life.

I didn't even know a place called Chidda existed until I rode the Gawler line.

rlGsz24.jpg

I...

rlGsz24.jpg

... I did?

The comparison to D. Glover :)

I reckon he was actually Eritreanthiopiamalian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the stereotyping of the TransAdelaide guy is more socially damaging than the Dark Continent demographic speculations. 12 months racial get out of jail card. -3 months social prejudicial get out of jail card

Okay so the Gawler Line...

"The curry and the degenerates"

So I hopped on the packed train with a minute to spare before it was due to leave, I had to stand, even the standing room was super crowded. Anyway, the train left on time, however as soon as the doors closed and the train left the station (the perfect timing as the train was at maximum capacity with not a whole lot of ventilation) - this Indian fellow ripped out a massive curry from his backpack and started eating, my god the stench, I mean holy s**t. He was literally ruining the entire train trip for everyone on the carriage. There was a large lady sitting next to him who commenced pulling all sorts of faces of complete and utter disdain, however she strategically decided to make her already obvious irritation even more obvious. She turned away from the fellow with the curry (who was in a window seat) and she had her back to him with her feet in the isle, continuing to pull funny faces. He continued gorging himself, with his headphones in completely oblivious to the havoc he was wreaking on all the passengers.

Just as I was going to message miss feel about the lulz (she was sitting parallel to where I was, but obviously we don't want to discuss these things in the open), she sent a text to me first saying "oh my god that curry STAAAANK, but also look to your right. That young lady with her huge sewing bag that says "keep calm and sow on" and her boyfriend are definitely...different." so I turned to my right and lold that I hadn't spotted this action sooner, as I eavesdropped and heard them talking about cat-kin (furries) and the up-coming comic con, and what they were going to dress up as. Jesus Christ, I thought. Never a dull moment.

Then Miss Feel texts me again, "look at the large lady next to the curry man.", the lady had begun inching further and further away from the Indian guy, so much so that she was right on the edge of her seat, just to make her dislike even MORE obvious. I thought, "He is going to have a bad time, his cricket side is getting thrashed and now this lady is looking ready to unleash."

A few stops go by, not much changes, the degenerates continue to dribble s**t about sewing and making furry costumes, their stop comes up and her massive sewing bag falls over into my leg and she loudly pronounces "SORRY, MY SEWING BAG TRIED TO KILL YOU." Yeah, whatever. Anyway they hopped off, and so did the large lady next to the Indian fellow. The train was emptying a bit now. However some odd looking fellow with a bucket hat saw my jacket and commented "THAT'S A NICE JACKET, KEEP YOU WARM IN THE VICTORIAN MOUNTAINS", "the **** is going on?" I thought, what the **** do the Victorian mountains have to do with anything? "yeah thanks, heh heh" I replied. Then I get a text from miss feel again, "dude...is he crying?"

I look at the Indian guy, who has started absolutely bawling his eyes out and tries to hide it in his jacket. Miss Feel goes "Oh my god, I hope he didn't see my texts! This is so awkward." she goes super red in the face worried it was her fault. I think to myself "Is he upset that people have been giving him filthy looks and avoiding him? Now I feel bad." I watch him for a bit, he composes himself and some more time passes, the train is over half empty and miss feel and I now have seats next to each other.

Suddenly he starts bawling his eyes out, even worse than the first time, completely heaving and struggling to not make noise. Miss Feel goes "I feel bad, maybe we should ask if he is alright?", then as she says this, the weird fellow who commented on my jacket gets up and goes to the curry man and says "Are you alright?" (what a champ, genuine nice guy.) to which the Indian wails "it's my dad, he's gone." to which this really hits home to me having lost my dad when I was younger. The guy says "That's awful, how old was he?" to which the Indian replies "50." as he continues to really cry his heart out. I ask miss feel, "do you have some tissues in your handbag? he is crying into his jacket." she does and hands me some, so I got up and handed him some tissues to which he was very thankful and I said "I've been there, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. All the best." and he calmed down, our stop came up and that was it...or was it.

Miss feel and I needed to do some shopping, so we headed down to the Elizabeth centre. Literally as soon as we walk in, my retail experience kicked in and I saw a group of teenagers and I said to miss feel "Those three are looking to steal. They have that look." and not 30 seconds later - I saw them start dumping things they had intended to steal into the fridge cabinets, turns out a woolies staffer had been following them and watching them. He then approached them to order them to leave the store. I said to miss feel "Bang, told you so." of course, the teenagers (male and two females) started kicking up a fuss "**** YOU campaigner, YOU THINK I WAS ******* GONNA STEAL A MARS BAR? YEAH RIGHT campaigner ******* campaigner **** YOU, LOOK AT YOU campaigner THINKING YOU ARE ALL TOUGH AND s**t, WHY YOU PICKING ON US YOU UGLY campaigner, **** YOU" as they are ejected from the store and the staff member looks nonplussed as if he has dealt with it a thousand times before (I know that feel.)

Miss feel and I finished our shop, and went home literally exhausted from a typical day on the Gawler line and northern suburbs in general. I hope the Indian gentleman is coping alright, and I hope those filthy degenerate teenagers got put down like the rabies infested animals they are.
View attachment 119083

Did read. Waiting for next installment

This. In the morning it's all the workers and normal people. Any time around 4:30 or later, it quickly starts to go down hill as the bogan conglomerate stir from their collective drug stupors around 2pm.

I always found it to be the worst around 1pm - 4pm, that's when it got pretty bad generally. I've never been big on public transport but funnily enough, I've found on Facebook a majority of the major critics of the train line are people I'd consider pretty feral myself, or people with a severe lack of self-awareness. A lot of the people are ridiculously rough around the edges but generally I found if you treated 'em properly they were nice enough. * knows how many situations I defused that way back in my younger years.

I always found it to be the worst around 1pm - 4pm, that's when it got pretty bad generally. I've never been big on public transport but funnily enough, I've found on Facebook a majority of the major critics of the train line are people I'd consider pretty feral myself, or people with a severe lack of self-awareness. A lot of the people are ridiculously rough around the edges but generally I found if you treated 'em properly they were nice enough. **** knows how many situations I defused that way back in my younger years.
If you are on the train...you are one of them, whether you feel superior or not, somebody else is looking at you the way you are looking at them.

Family members were renting out there house back in Perth. Over the last year or so the tennants have changed as one comes in and one goes sort of thing...
They found out this week that recently the shed load of stuff they had locked up for collection at a later day had been ripped of by these guys...

#peoplesuck

Remember catching the bus with him to Port training for pre season one year, a year or two before he got drafted.

Definitely had a few demons in his head, even back then.

Yep - Was always out of control as a student. Could play footy but was a nut bag from a very young age.

We would've played together perhaps ?? Pick up on Salisbury Highway ??

Family members were renting out there house back in Perth. Over the last year or so the tennants have changed as one comes in and one goes sort of thing...
They found out this week that recently the shed load of stuff they had locked up for collection at a later day had been ripped of by these guys...

#peoplesuck

Locks only keep honest people out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back