No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that some young players should be told to suck it up and appreciate the fact that they have been given that 2% chance to be an elite athlete; the problem also lies with parents and junior coaches telling them that they are special little snowflakes who will be the bestest player ever.

In the case of Tom Boyd last year, If I were his father I would have told him to harden up and stop being a little beeyatch.

Whilst I agree with you completely, if I were Tom Boyd's father, and he told me a club was offering him a guaranteed $1m for the next 6 years, I'd be giving him pretty different advice to you.

Whilst I agree with you completely, if I were Tom Boyd's father, and he told me a club was offering him a guaranteed $1m for the next 6 years, I'd be giving him pretty different advice to you.
"Tom, your mother and I have thought it over, and we have decided after much soul searching that we're happy for you to become a millionaire"

"Tom, your mother and I have thought it over, and we have decided after much soul searching that we're happy for you to become a millionaire"

Don't worry about what they say. You're rolling around in the hay.

That's if the offer was on the table before he decided he wanted out of Sydney.

Love the u-turn and direction of this thread now. Lets keep the positivity train going!

If you look at what the board is predicting here Post #9015 you will see:

Danger - 9 think he is gone, 21 think he is staying (8 conditional)
Sloane - 1 thinks he is gone, 28 think he is staying
Douglas - 2 think he is gone (conditional), 26 think he is staying

We are quite a positive lot :)

What is amusing about those numbers, is that there are posters who claim that IF Mackay did get the reported 400k$/year, it's not much of an overpayment. Well if Tex is on $500k and borderline best 22 Mackay is on $400k, it's no wonder we're having trouble signing premium players.

A few points:

1. Tex is on a reported 700k per season.
2. Mackays dollar figure has never been announced.
3. We aren't having trouble signing premium players because of cash. We offered Jeremy Cameron over 1million per season. We are the fat divorcee at the bar. We have the cash and are willing to splash it around, but nobody of any value is willing to accept it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeping my fingers crossed nobody pulls out the footage of his horrendous kick that completely missed the target and went out of bounds.

These things happen in a breakout season

It's time.

I just want you to know I have now banished you from the Mackay bandwagon. 2015 is his breakout year and people will want to jump on like crazy. There will be no room for you.

Being a middle child, I get this feeling

I'm sure many players get homesick. It's just that only the ones who are good enough to demand trades to specific places are going to cite it.
Outs - Stenglein, Johnson, gunston, Tippett lol
ins - Jarman, Thompson, Betts, Jacobs

Always going to be established players who will decide they prefer to move home.

Was watching Fox last night and Jon Ralph admitted he had no idea whether Danger would stay or go. It was refreshing for him to admit what most of us have known for a long time that when it comes to football, he has no idea.
That's the most accurate statement he has ever made! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back