Good Call/Bad Call

Remove this Banner Ad

GC/BC

Eddie must be smoking some pretty good s*** if he seriously thinks the pies can win this year's flag

I mean, positivity to build media interest and memberships are one thing but Ed, come on... Really?

Bad call.
When a lot of the players still need to develop physically & mentally in a football sense. You cant give them instructions to build a rocket.
Get them building a bird house first. When they are good at it then move on to something harder.
Just like Jack Steven's running action, its all about little steps:D

Awesome reply call, nail-hammer-head call.

Good call/Bad call

Richo is a good development coach through the week but isnt a good tactical coach (switching players, changing things up) on game day.

Good call. I've held the opinion for a while that's there's two types of coaches: those to develop a list and those there to win games.

Obviously there's a couple who fit in both categories and its those that are at the top of any list mentioning great coaches of the era. Finding these are quite rare however.

A friend of mine with reliable information told me once that Hawthorn hired Clarko purely for his development skills and expected to be finding someone else for their planned flag tilts. Obviously what has happened turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise.

GC/BC

Eddie must be smoking some pretty good s*** if he seriously thinks the pies can win this year's flag

I mean, positivity to build media interest and memberships are one thing but Ed, come on... Really?

I buy it personally.

They have been cruelled by injuries, I actually reluctantly rate Buckley.

Beams is a huge loss, can't shy from that though.

I buy it personally.

They have been cruelled by injuries, I actually reluctantly rate Buckley.

Beams is a huge loss, can't shy from that though.
Hey!!!! thats sounds like your sympathetic towards the Filth:eek:
simpsons-angry-mob.jpg

:p:p

Good Call/Bad Call

Our injury list is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. The only players missing who are crucial are Billings, Ross, Montagna and Webster, and two of those will be round two ready.

GC/BC
Man buns and beards have got to go!
Why is every other player trying to look like the dude off the Trivago ad? Sick of it.

Good Call/Bad Call

Robert Harvey will return to the Saints as head coach and install a take no prisoners mentality. We become the most feared team in the AFL under his tenure.

Good Call/Bad Call

Robert Harvey will return to the Saints as head coach and install a take no prisoners mentality. We become the most feared team in the AFL under his tenure.

God I hope not. Worst senior assistant in the land by a looonnngggg way

Good Call/Bad Call

Baaaad call. That would mean Richo left, which I don't think would be good. And there is no way Harves gets a "take no prisoners" style - he's too gentle. At best, a good assistant, and I'm being generous.

It's interesting that the "big four" players of that generation - Harvey, Buckley, Hird, Voss - have all turned out to be very, very ordinary coaches.

Baaaad call. That would mean Richo left, which I don't think would be good. And there is no way Harves gets a "take no prisoners" style - he's too gentle. At best, a good assistant, and I'm being generous.

It's interesting that the "big four" players of that generation - Harvey, Buckley, Hird, Voss - have all turned out to be very, very ordinary coaches.
Big call on Harves since he hasnt been tried yeto_O
Think it can be tricky to rate an assistant coach.
Plenty of so called 'gun' assistant coaches end up being crap Head Coaches.

You dont really know how much freedom they are given to install their imprint on the team while they are assisting.
You dont get to show exactly what you can do unless you get the main gig.
So if he never gets a go we will never know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit rough to call a club legend the worst at anything. You must have some inside information, can I ask what your source is... or is it just your opinion based on your gut feeling.

Must be doing something right if he is a senior assistant at the most powerful club in the land. If he is was what you say... do you think he would have lasted five minutes there. Think the Filth are a bit smarter than that.

P.S I didn't put a timeline on my GC/BC and I am not saying I want Richo to leave but he won't be our coach for greater than 10 years. If he makes it to 10 years I will gladly eat my shirt because we will have two more premierships under our belts.

Last edited:
the man did win assistant coach of the year, but i guess he got that out of pity for having to coach at the pies

the man did win assistant coach of the year, but i guess he got that out of pity for having to coach at the pies
In 1980, Holden's Camira won Car of the Year. Some things, just don't make no sense, is all.

Good call bad call: passing on lamb in the draft was a good call as he'll just want to come home anyway

Bad call. I wouldn't be taking him ahead of Paddy or Goddard. We haven't seen McKenzie yet. I think we went with who we thought best, regardless of who is coming home.

Good call bad call: Acres will be the best of the 2013 batch of players we brought to the club.

Bit rough to call a club legend the worst at anything. You must have some inside information, can I ask what your source is... or is it just your opinion based on your gut feeling.

Must be doing something right if he is a senior assistant at the most powerful club in the land. If he is was what you say... do you think he would have lasted five minutes there. Think the Filth are a bit smarter than that.

Rob Harvey is Nathan Buckley's favorite player. Im nit saying he gets an armchair ride but Banger certainly has the right people going in to bat for him at Collingwood.

You dont find it strange that Carlton, Collingwoodand St Kilda all went backwards in the midfield when he took over?

Some people just arent good coaches.

Guys like Peyton Manning and Michael Jordan were just gifted freaks, alot like Voss, Harvs, Hird and Bucks - You cant teach the things these guys had.

This is why the best coaches are guys like Sheedy, Clarkson, Malthouse, Lyon... Not the best players so they had to work harder, train smarter and educate themselves on the game to try and get every edge possible.

Leigh Matthews is the only guy I would say has gone from gun player to gun coach in the modern era.

Nick Riewoldt isnt a coach. Sean Dempster is.

Big time BAD CALL on Harvey...

Good call bad call: passing on lamb in the draft was a good call as he'll just want to come home anyway

Bad call. I think he might enjoy the sun and sand over there.

Lachie Weller on the other hand...

Rob Harvey is Nathan Buckley's favorite player. Im nit saying he gets an armchair ride but Banger certainly has the right people going in to bat for him at Collingwood.
That wasnt a very Lice thing to say :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p sorry, i'll say something sensible one day and surprise you all :p

You dont find it strange that Carlton, Collingwoodand St Kilda all went backwards in the midfield when he took over?

Some people just arent good coaches.

Guys like Peyton Manning and Michael Jordan were just gifted freaks, alot like Voss, Harvs, Hird and Bucks - You cant teach the things these guys had.

This is why the best coaches are guys like Sheedy, Clarkson, Malthouse, Lyon... Not the best players so they had to work harder, train smarter and educate themselves on the game to try and get every edge possible.

Leigh Matthews is the only guy I would say has gone from gun player to gun coach in the modern era.

Nick Riewoldt isnt a coach. Sean Dempster is.

Big time BAD CALL on Harvey...

i love this theory, because i really want to see Buckly and Hird fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back