The Bombers ASADA/WADA Saga

Remove this Banner Ad

And so the Hird puke fest rolls on. He has taken self-adulation to new heights. Now he is the illustrious leader of what is actually three Essendon teams! Viva la Hird, God bless Jimmy, encore encore. This man is too special for us proles... we are not worthy!

I reckon he deserves another pay rise and paid vacation with the brilliant job he's done at the club.

I reckon he deserves another pay rise and paid vacation with the brilliant job he's done at the club.

They* say the all publicity is good publicity and he has certainly expanded the footprint of Essendon on the public radar!

*They often speak utter rubbish even when it sounds good

Do you think Hird showed up at the game and said "Who the f#$% are all these guys?" "Bommmmmbeeeerrr!"

Explains the mod turnover we've had.
OqKZfn5.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might alternatively be a message to Essendon that some kind of face saving compromise is on the way, and the AFL expects them to take it on the chin. Something like 3 matches would have a meaningful but not determinative effect on their season, which is probably more than Essendon feels it should get but not as much as I think ASADA would be hoping for.

My thought has always been backdated so they will miss round 1 and 2 at least (Going to be flogged anyway) Then back to have a warm up against Carlton before Anzac Day.

My thought has always been backdated so they will miss round 1 and 2 at least (Going to be flogged anyway) Then back to have a warm up against Carlton before Anzac Day.
I've always been assuming two weeks... But I've got no idea why. Probably due to similarities with Cronulla.

You don't reckon he's inside?

I think in the sense of trying to have neither party running to the court room Wednesday morning. He would know roughly whats going to happen, and is trying to get a suspension both parties will sign off on.

You don't reckon he's inside?
I don't know, but my impression of that article, like lionbear's, was that it was more "please please please no one appeal" than softening people up for whatever the result of it all is going to be.

I thought it was interesting-

he said -
The players had no knowledge what they took was illegal
But that is not a defence under the code

I actually wonder whether he was really saying

"The AFL aren't the bad guy here, we want this over, everyone wants this over, the AFL knows it's not the players fault... but if the players get wacked, well, the code is the code is the code"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back